Pro Wrestling Only

Sherri vs. Woman

JerryvonKramer

Here's the scenario. It's 1990. You have one spot on your roster for a female manager. Your choice is between Sherri and Woman. Who do you go for?

Both of them had hot 1989s in which they were integral parts of long-running angles. I guess with Sherri you get more bumps. Arguably Woman is the slightly better promo.

I ask this because I have no idea which way the PWO faithful would go. I'm not including a poll because I think they discourage discussion.

I love Woman, and she was easily the better promo, not to mention hot as hell, but Sherri was ridiculously good as a valet for Savage and DiBiase, she could add so much to matches. She was often the second best worker in the matches during that period.

Sherri vs. Woman... I'd pick Sherri. They're both extremely good looking. They're both two of the greatest female managers ever. But...

Sherri seemed to be more willing to go that extra mile. She would bump better than most of the men. She would constantly be working. She would constantly do something to add something to the match. And if I was a promoter, I would pick her because I could trust her on the fact that she would always go out there and give 110%. And most importantly... I think Sherri got more heat from the crowd than Woman.

And about the promos, while Woman's promos were more coherent and sophisticated, Sherri's promos often added a lot to the promos of the workers she was managing. I mean, her promos seemed almost as crazy as Randy Savage's at times. So, I'm not sure if Woman has that much of an edge on Sherri when it comes to promos.

Sherri hands down. She is a much better worker. She's a manager that can help make a match better by how hard she works on the outside .Their is a reason Hogan loved having her in his programs. She could help young talent get over or adapt to established talent like Savage and Dibiase.

Sherri in a heartbeat. Not much more that I can add to what's already been said, but a tremendously versatile performer who always added something to the match or whomever she was managing. Took great bumps and was pretty fearless too (only earlier today I was watching the Halloween Havoc Hogan/Flair cage match, and she jumps off the top of the cage in that). I agree with Grover in that I don't think there was really that much between them (if anything) on the mic either.

I never really looked at it that divisively. I never saw Savage and Sherri, for example, as two separate acts. Macho King Randy Savage and Sensational Queen Sherri was a singular act, and they each had a role within that. I think that's one of the things that made her so effective -- she immersed herself so much in whoever she was managing.

I don't think that applies to every manager ever, and there are cases where managers doing their own thing does take away from the wrestler. Cornette and the Midnights, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer, are really the only others I can think of immediately that fall into that category.