Pro Wrestling Only

Things in kayfabe that you can't believe still happens

SteveJRogers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not even so much the setup I dislike, as much as the move itself. It's a silly dance move on par with the worst parts of Ricky Stemboat (and addmitedly, there aren't many bad things about him) where he'd try and do something "graceful" and it just looks terrible.

This is not, by any means, an exclusive Rey problem mind you. He's just what came up. There are a lot of modern things about wrestling that look too much like ballet for my tastes. And So You Think You Can Dance has way hotter girls, if dance is what your TV viewing is going to be about.

Ah, that I can understand. Wrestling, to me, is symbolic and what matters isn't how something looks but how it's presented and built up. It's like any other element of fiction to me. That's a personal thing. I get others feeling otherwise. I bought the Five Fingered Death Touch in Kill Bill because how they presented it and I buy the 619 here since it's pretty damn well protected and over (and that's even without the meticulous set up).

Guest Staples

I'm not really sure what exactly is ballet-like about a short-arm lariat.

The part where he promenades his "victim" around the hall right before it's executed.

Posted Image

Whatever do you mean?

I'm not really sure what exactly is ballet-like about a short-arm lariat.

The part where he promenades his "victim" around the hall right before it's executed.

Posted Image

Whatever do you mean?

Three counters before they hit a spot. Do-si-do...

The W.O.R.M. may be the most annoying spot ever. It should never hit his mark.

Man, that shit was super over. From the raised cheering when he'd realise shit was abou to go down, to the W O R M from the crowd, followed by them going, "Huuugh, huuuugh, huuuuggh" with every arm thrust, to popping on the move... Is anything in WWE that over today moreso than a 2000 mid card act?

One of my favorite wrestling moments (and I've mentioned this before) was seeing Tully hit a prone smash with a double axe handle from the second rope since that somehow validated every time someone randomly jumped into someone's foot. at least someone it hit once.

Do you remember the match at all? My brother and I have mentioned that spot for years, would like to see someone, and an arrogant sleazeball at that, pull it off for the first and only time in history.