Pro Wrestling Only

Live RAW Thoughts

goodhelmet

Ryback really isn't the Big Show, is he?

Bryan vs Cesaro is a real MOTYC for me though. Wonderful stuff. Absolutely wonderful. Part of me is somewhat worried that Bryan was set up to fail in the ratings somewhat by having to carry the last 45 minutes of the show, but that was a fucking herculean performance.

I didn't think Bryan/Cesaro was that good. It was a match built around strikes and most of the strikes looked pretty weak, especially Bryan's kicks, they look even less painful than Rey Mysterio's used to. It benefited from the fact it was worked in a style most around here like, not too spot heavy, decent pacing, fairly snug and kept minimal with good builds for every big moment. The corner spot was nice, even though the crossbody counter looked messy. The finish was probably the best part of the match, it looked great and was executed to perfection. They should do more flash pin victories, especially for the smaller guys who don't have finishers that look particularly dangerous.

Cool little TV match, which came off as better due to the context. Not a MOTYC though, unless standards are particularly low.

I didn't think Bryan/Cesaro was that good. It was a match built around strikes and most of the strikes looked pretty weak, especially Bryan's kicks, they look even less painful than Rey Mysterio's used to. It benefited from the fact it was worked in a style most around here like, not too spot heavy, decent pacing, fairly snug and kept minimal with good builds for every big moment. The corner spot was nice, even though the crossbody counter looked messy. The finish was probably the best part of the match, it looked great and was executed to perfection. They should do more flash pin victories, especially for the smaller guys who don't have finishers that look particularly dangerous.

Cool little TV match, which came off as better due to the context. Not a MOTYC though, unless standards are particularly low.

I agree with this save for one thing. I skimmed this thread and given the response to this match and I exhorted my brother into watching RAW last night because of the gauntlet. I thought the Bryan/Cesaro got a helluva lot better after the commercial break, but it never reached that MOTYC class for me. I did not think the strikes looked that weak so I am not taking point off for that. I just felt like this was a mish mash of Bryan spots, Cesaro spots and then they added some strike exchanges ala Puro/ROH. It never really felt coherent to me. It was a good match and a very good angle. It just was not MOTYC. For point of reference, I have Cena/Punk, Bryan/Ryback, Bryan/Orton (Street Fight), Del Rio/Ziggler (last week) ahead of that match.

Brad Maddox doing the "No!" at the end of his segment was hilarious and had my brother and I rolling. He is pretty good.

Del Rio is like clockwork. If he put in a good week last week, you know he is going to shit the bed the next week. He looked so apathetic and it was a lackluster performance. Maybe, he could not attack the bruise because you know it actually would hurt like a muthafucka. Sheamus is Sheamus at this point. Even in cruise control, Sheamus is one of my favorite WWE wrestlers to watch and when he is really on, he is my definite favorite. My brother was remarking how he feels bad for Sheamus because he gets quite vocal chorus of boos and does not seem to handle it as well as Cena especially last week. I think it is just because he is a fuckin awful promo and they have given him a stupid character.

Titus/Christian was great. Those two Titus O'Neil spots when he sent Christian flying were bitchin. We are huge O'Neil marks due to his bark. That bark is going to be the next big thing.

Ziggler is proving me wrong about not being able to work face. He worked a truly inspired performance against Del Rio last week. This week he stuck to Savage babyface formula, but he really made Darren Young look like a million bucks, who I think is just an awful wrestler. Ziggler is really good at timing hope spots.

"My heart don't pump Kool-Aid" - Mark Henry. My brother and I lost out shit for that one. Cena, Bryan, Kane, Orton, Ryback can't beat The Shield, but the Usos can run them off. lol.

CM Punk before the Heyman interruption was on fire after it was just there. Still this is a really strong angle.

I like Jack Swagger, there I said it. I have always liked him. He is huge, has an amateur background and moves like a cat. He has some great spots and will actually chain wrestle for a bit from time to time. I feel like Eddie/Swagger would have been an excellent match. It was great how much heat he was getting from being from Oklahoma. If only all his matches could be wrestler in OK and TX. It was a pretty ok match.

The Ryback/Bryan match was really fun. It was not as good as their previous RAW encounter, but I enjoy Ryback a lot more than most people. Honestly, if they are serious about Ryback, he needs to win the World Title either from Del Rio or someone else yesterday. Bryan would keep coming at Ryback and Ryback would shrug him off. Ryback would bully him and here comes Bryan. Now Bryan gets a little more offensive then Ryback shrug him off. They kept repeating until Bryan was in control It was like two bulls neither one would give an inch. The only thing that did Bryan in was that he was just smaller and Ryback caught him with a powerbomb to the outside, which was a sick, sick spot.

I enjoyed the Ryback/Bryan portion of the gauntlet more than Cesaro/Bryan portion. I really hope this Cryback angle was short-lived because is one of the best things they have going now.