Pro Wrestling Only

Highspots Crockett Documentary

JerryvonKramer

Sounds good . Did you pick up the Crockett book covering 77-80?

I did, basically its a results & newspaper add scrap book

Is it interesting to look at?

to me it is yes because Im only 34 & never saw or read any of the stuff

Yeah prices on that highspots UK site are ridiculous. £17.99 for a DVD that costs $14.99 in the US? And they wonder why people download illegally?

actually it is not, its very realistic, I sent you just the 3 disc in sleeves (no hard case) & it costed me $13.99 for first class s&h!! The usps is what is ridiculous my friend! It should be illegal for them to charge that much to ship a small envelope like that

I got mine today and I pretty much echo what JVK, and Bix say. Still the good far outweigh the bad and this is an easy must have. Though I was shocked that the Spoiler wasn't mentioned at all in the doc. On the extra sections their are some great quotes. Paul Jones discussing the Steamboat angle as a shoot. Jones saying the reason people thought he was a bad manager was because they still wanted to see him wrestle. My favorite Jones comment was Dory Jr. was his 1st wrestler he managed, and he was falling asleep on the apron watching Dory. Don Kernodle claiming they turned 20,000 away at the Final Conflict is absurd.

Yeah prices on that highspots UK site are ridiculous. £17.99 for a DVD that costs $14.99 in the US? And they wonder why people download illegally?

actually it is not, its very realistic, I sent you just the 3 disc in sleeves (no hard case) & it costed me $13.99 for first class s&h!! The usps is what is ridiculous my friend! It should be illegal for them to charge that much to ship a small envelope like that

Shipping from the US to the UK has become ridiculous in the past six or so months. I ordered four discs of a TV show from someone and postage was similar (or slightly less than this), whilst I regularly order the most recent MMA from someone in the States (usually around 20 or so discs) and find I'm paying the same to cover postage as I am in the cost of the discs themselves.

Shipping from the US to the UK has become ridiculous in the past six or so months. I ordered four discs of a TV show from someone and postage was similar (or slightly less than this), whilst I regularly order the most recent MMA from someone in the States (usually around 20 or so discs) and find I'm paying the same to cover postage as I am in the cost of the discs themselves.

Yeah, I think I charges Happ $16 for 5 disc & paid $14 of it to cover his s&h LOL, the rates are BADDDDD

What's happened with this then? Is it tax? Have the private mail guys just jacked up their prices?

When I go to buy a $2 Dave Meltzer book and the postage is $40, something has gone very wrong.

This can't be good for business anywhere, it seems very un-capitalist.

It's horrible, 2 of my biggest supporters which are non board members are in Japan & the UK, both usually get a huge order each ever 2-3 months, I usually use that money to put into getting more footage & use the rest to cover materials for my personal projects, they've all but stopped ordering, a flat rate box to Japan last time cost me right at $100! My last medium flat rate box I sent to the UK cost me around $68 (I think) & I sent a medium box I had filled with disc I had converted over to HDD's to Germany & that one cost me near $100 as well, it's just horrible, I feel like I'm committing a crime when I charge this much to cover the shipping but I generally charge exact cost via there website so there's not much I can do..

Finished watching this a few days ago. Documentry is def up thear among the best i've ever seen but I wasn't too big on the bonus features, thought a lot of the ints were a bit dry. Didn't like them as much as Memphis Heat for example whear the extras were maybe better then the doc itself.

Looking through some of the Crockett book I was pretty surprised that Bock would come in and defend the AWA title on occasion. Seeing Brunzell work the territory kinda surprised me also. KHawk any background info. This was happening in 1978.

Bock had certain free agent privileges as AWA Champion because Verne trusted him completely. With the AWA schedule lighter than other areas, Bock would make time to travel down to the Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Hawaii, Stampede and other areas not commonly looked at as AWA-affiliated. Bock made cash and the AWA title got more exposure. Win-win.

Without looking it up I'm guessing most of Bock's out-of-Territory matches took place in the summer. Just a guess, though. I remember seeing a result IIRC from Georgia with Bock defending against Adrian Adonis. I would KILL to find a tape of that one.

There is part of a Bock title defense against Jim Brunzell on one of Cornette's garbage film discs, FWIW.

Looking through some of the Crockett book I was pretty surprised that Bock would come in and defend the AWA title on occasion. Seeing Brunzell work the territory kinda surprised me also. KHawk any background info. This was happening in 1978.

Bock had certain free agent privileges as AWA Champion because Verne trusted him completely. With the AWA schedule lighter than other areas, Bock would make time to travel down to the Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Hawaii, Stampede and other areas not commonly looked at as AWA-affiliated. Bock made cash and the AWA title got more exposure. Win-win.

Without looking it up I'm guessing most of Bock's out-of-Territory matches took place in the summer. Just a guess, though. I remember seeing a result IIRC from Georgia with Bock defending against Adrian Adonis. I would KILL to find a tape of that one.

There is part of a Bock title defense against Jim Brunzell on one of Cornette's garbage film discs, FWIW.

I wouldn't kill to get it, but would help you out with burying the body to get a copy of it

I wouldn't be surprised if the date of the match was Oct. 14th in 1979.Or in that range .In the Crockett book they have a poster for the match with that date. Just an FYI.

I wouldn't be surprised if the date of the match was Oct. 14th in 1979.Or in that range .In the Crockett book they have a poster for the match with that date. Just an FYI.

Thanks. I have no idea what the date range on those garbage tapes is...although I'm sure someone has put a list together of probable timeframe/dates somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...