Pro Wrestling Only

TLC

goodhelmet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miz vs. Kofi (No DQ) -

This was perfectly fine. Yeah, the crowd hated it but no one gives a shit about this match. It was fine though. Both guys took a couple of nutty bumps, there was some good, stiff offense, and I liked some of the ways Miz worked on Kofi's leg. It was amusing that they ended it pretty quickly after the boring chants started though.

Fuck I'm tired of the Wyatts already and this feud isn't helping. They should just be smashing people and having Bray direct their rage in a totally unpredictable and chaotic manner rather than these weird fixations on random dudes like Kane and Bryan leading to boring feuds and awkward soliloquies.

I'm hoping for some BS finish where they switch belts. I love the World Title. It doesn't mean much anymore, but I doubt Bryan gets elevated without it. Mark Henry sure as hell doesn't get a "world" title run without it, likewise Christian, and those are three of my favorite wrestlers right there. If there's only one world title it's going to be held by just a handful of guys over the next few years. I'd be curious to have Chris do an analysis of who was in main events before and after the titles split and the level of variety. On one level it'd be okay if they could use this to really make the IC/US titles meaningful, but you know that's unlikely.

Bryan vs. Wyatts -

This was good but not as good as the other handicap match. Bray did his spider walk again which worked better this time around. Bryan had a nice comeback and Harper and Rowan bumped big for him. The finish was definitive with Bray getting the pin. I didn't expect Bryan to win this though.

Cena vs. Orton (TLC Unified Title) -

This was boring as fuck. I liked the first climb tease and Cena loosening the turnbuckle was neat but this was a snoozefest and felt like a time killer. It was totally bizarre. The finish was just as strange. Although, Cena's bump was insane.

Awful, awful, awful boring ending that leaves absolutely no interest for WWE going forward.

I liked parts of Orton/Cena. Cena unscrewing the rope to catch up to Orton on the ladder was cool and there were a couple other neat things. But overall I thought it was more boring than not, though that might have just been my mood about the match. But yeah, was an awful ending in all respects.

I liked the match in a lot of ways. I thought it was built right, they hinted at things from previous matches, Cena's escape was actually smart as opposed to him just breaking the cuffs. Orton did bring it a bit and everything was clean, but there wasn't anything about the match that screamed memorable. It reminded me of the Flair/Sting Clash match to unify the titles, where it was treated like a big deal, but there wasn't much to distinguish it as above their previous matches because of the stakes.

Read all of your thoughts. If it came off as no energy then there is a severe problem with the WWE sound system because I have been to some loud arenas in my time and that main event match had as much heat and was as loud as any match I have ever been to live except for MAYBE the end of the 2007 Rumble with Taker-HBK.

I will post my live thoughts on my way home from Houston. I am stuck in the parking garage and the wifi is spotty at best.

I will say the is the best live experience I have ever had and best live show I have been to. Well worth the gas money and lack of teaching that will happen tomorrow.