Pro Wrestling Only

TLC

goodhelmet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big. E. Langston vs. Damien Sandow

Big E is really fun and pulling down the straps is a guaranteed way to make me like you. Sandow is a guy who is good to watch but has been floating around ever since he failed to cash in MITB. As a result, that match came off as meaningless but it was perfectly fine regardless.

I'm sure there will be tons of "MELTZER WUZ WERKED" posts over on the board, but I'd assume either the punishment is saved for RAW or it's an effort to keep Punk from getting even more pissed at the company.

What's this in reference to? Punk not liking the booking?

He's apparently not been happy with being shunted into the upper mid card, and has been doing his usual passive-aggresive stuff like tweeting a subway sign reading "is your business stuck behind a bad app?".

Real Americans vs. Big Show and Rey Mysterio vs Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Rhodes Brothers

I really enjoyed Axel for the time that he was in since he had some fun stuff with Show. It's amazing how Dustin will have only been active for 4 months of the year and will probably end up on people's end of year lists because he's so, so great. Cesaro is the best worker in this company and I'd like him to swing someone out of the ring at the Rumble as ridiculous as that is. Big Show isn't far behind Cesaro and his hot tag was great and the spot leading to the pin with him and Cesaro was awesome. Cody Rhodes has never looked better than he has in this team. This match just made me want a 25 minute Rhodes Brothers vs. Rey/Show match at the Rumble.

4-Way Elimination Tag (Tag Title) -

Great match. Goldust was outstanding. This was his performance of the year. His in-peril segment with the Real Americans was excellent and we got him doing all of his awesome hope spots including the spring board back elbow, the spring board cross body, the power slam, the DDT, the second rope rana, AND the code red. God, he was great in this. Big Show looked real good too and so did Rey. Cesaro was great as always. The finishing stretch with Rey-Cody was great. Awesome match.

4-Way Tag:

Yeah, great stuff overall as to be expected. One thing though, the beginning of the final match-up after the Real Americans got eliminated was kind of awkward considering it felt like the crowd was expecting it to start off hot and immediately as it had been going, and it seemed like it took awhile for the crowd to get properly into it. But yeah, the final match up settled into being really awesome with the Cody/Rey stuff being fantastic. Goldust's super-extended FIP was a master class and the crowd was super into Big Show who was great here. Loved him KOing the Real Americans for their elimination.

Honestly, Goldust strikes me as a perfectly reasonable pick for WKO100 #1.

Also, I forgot to add it to my previous post but I hope WWE never takes the focus off tag wrestling. Goldust needs to be working tag matches for the next 3 years.

Can we get a singles push somewhere in there, though?

We could always hope for Cody turning heel so we can get a Southern arena brawl in there somewhere :D