Pro Wrestling Only

PTBN Network: Royal Rumble 2014 Instant Reaction

Bigelow34

In our first PTB Network podcast, Will from Good Will Wrestling and Wrestling With the Past joins up with Scott Criscuolo (PTB Podcast) and Johnny Sorrow (Titans of Wrestling) to talk instant reaction to the 2014 Royal Rumble.

They break down all the matches and give their take on the controversial finish to the show.

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-net...-2014-reaction/

Normally I love your work on Titans Johnny but you're just completely wrong on virtually all of your major talking points here. I don't know if you were going "heel" to be entertaining or you genuinely believe everything you said but I'm sad either way.

5th match is mid card. If it's not then 40% of your matches are main events in an average PPV. By that argument Beefcake-Dibiase main evented Wrestlemania V.

Will and Scott made great points and spoke for what so many of us feel as fans in a friendly but honest way.

The crowd wasn't into Rey at all. They booed him during his promo. Why? I think it's a combination of how stale he is and how hard it is for fans to invest in a guy that spends more than half a year on the shelf. I like Rey as a person and I'm sorry this had to happen to him.

I hope you're honest enough Johnny to admit it when past Mania you're proven wrong. I will gladly if I am and Bryan is given his run soon.

The difference between WWE and real sports is that we could get the result we want every time and we don't. If you compare WWE to movies and tv well..... Even George Lucas wasn't stupid enough to feature Jar Jar Binks heavily in EP II and III after how hated that character was. People go into movies and television and ALL other forms of entertainment with writers/directors/producers whose goal it is to entertain the audience. I've been an actor for 20 years in theater and a director nearly as long and my first goal is always to make the audience glad they came to see me or my cast/crew and try and analyze what they want and give that to them. I've not always succeeded but I've learned.

WWE is truly unique in that it's all about the whims of 3 egomaniacs who couldn't function outside of the twisted world of wrestling for ten minutes.

Hey Justin, I thought we were going to have live reactions from you and the guys?

Meant to text you Will. We were wiped out by the time we got back to the room, which was around midnight and I had a 530A wake up call, so it didn't happen. Thankfully you guys nailed it for us!

I'll share my takes on this week's PTB and next week's Kevin Kelly show too.

Normally I love your work on Titans Johnny but you're just completely wrong on virtually all of your major talking points here. I don't know if you were going "heel" to be entertaining or you genuinely believe everything you said but I'm sad either way.

Johnny and I argue about this stuff in everyday conversation. This isn't a heel turn.

Johnny and I argue about this stuff in everyday conversation. This isn't a heel turn.

I was also heroically drunk and stoned. So much so that later that night I had a come to Jesus meeting with one of my room mates about some shit that'd been bothering me for 6 months. :)