Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Network: WrestleMania Rewind Series - 'Mania VII

Bigelow34

It is WrestleMania season and in the first edition of the PTBN Network WrestleMania Rewind Series, Justin Rozzero is joined by Steven Graham, Will H and Jeremy Nichols to talk WrestleMania VII. They break down the card, storylines and atmosphere as well as debate where this Mania ranks in the all time canon.

Stay tuned to the PTBN Network for future WrestleMania Rewind episodes as various PTBN staffers talk about individual Manias and overall Mania moments and concepts.

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-net...ries-mania-vii/

Great podcast.

A few notes

Warlord had the powerslam when he became a singles. He switched to the full nelson because Davey Boy was coming back and would be doing the powerslam. It could have been the dumbest insider motivation for a feud ever!

Gorilla had ZERO clue who MC was. Either Vince on the headset or Brain whispering let him know and he saved it.

Enjoyed the podcast.

I saw one of the Roberts/Martel pre-Wrestlemania blindfold matches live. Watching in the arena, you watch both the guys at the same time. On tv, the changing between different camera angles makes the viewer lose the sense of space between Roberts and Martel, since the camera focuses on one instead of both. So much of the tension of the match comes from Jake and Rick wandering around trying to grab the other one, and I believe this comes across a million times better in person than on tv.

Thanks fellas, glad you enjoyed the show.

Marvin, that makes all the sense in the world and is why I always defend that match because it seems so great from an audience participation perspective if paired with the right feud.

And I thought I remembered Warlord switching finishers around when Bulldog came back... good looks there.

Also enjoyed the show. A few notes:

I agree with Will that Martel could have been used better during his singles WWF run. However, in his RF shoot, he revealed that he had begun focusing on transitioning out of the business during the late 80s/early 90s and getting involved with real estate. His heart wasn't entirely in the business any longer, and Vince wasn't able to get behind him 100% without Rick being fully dedicated to the push himself.

Warlord and Hogan did have some house show matches in the mid/late summer of 1991. Nothing that ever made TV or CHV, but there was a story featured on their matches (with pictures) in a Sports Review Wrestling magazing at the time.

One thing that rarely gets mentioned (either overlooked or just unknown) about Willie Nelson being covered in WWF merchandise is that he owed several million dollars to the IRS shortly before WM. I always considered his involvement due to desperation for money, not to mention him allowing Vince and company to cover him up as much as he was with merchandise.

Oh man, I can't wait to listen to these. Thanks guys!

I meant to post in the Royal Rumble Thread that I've enjoyed the Rewind shows. Glad you guys are doing Mania.

Well, "I'm" not doing Mania this go-around. Technically, as confusing as it is Voices of Wrestling did the Rumble Rewind series but were helped out by a number of the PlaceToBeNation guys.

Because I enjoy my sanity, I've decided to NOT do a Mania series but PlaceToBeNation WILL be doing one and I'll be a guest on two of their podcasts.

That's confusing as hell, glad you enjoyed them regardless haha!