Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Predictions (It's never too early)

goodhelmet

I think they should have an NXT match as the pre-show match.

Right now, there are 17 guys in the Battle Royal...

Mark Henry

Big Show

3 MB

Goldust

Cody

Miz

Dolph Ziggler

Kofi

Alberto Del Rio

Fandango

Christian

Sheamus

Big E

Titus

Damian Sandow

No Wyatts, Shield, Usos or Real Americans in there yet.

I am pretty sure Darren Young, The 3 Matadores, Truth, Xavier Woods, Khali, Rey, Rusev, Ryback, Curtis and Brodus Clay can be added without much trouble. Having trouble coming up with the last guy who isn't in NXT or one of the tag guys above.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should have an NXT match as the pre-show match.

Right now, there are 17 guys in the Battle Royal...

Mark Henry

Big Show

3 MB

Goldust

Cody

Miz

Dolph Ziggler

Kofi

Alberto Del Rio

Fandango

Christian

Sheamus

Big E

Titus

Damian Sandow

No Wyatts, Shield, Usos or Real Americans in there yet.

I am pretty sure Darren Young, The 3 Matadores, Truth, Xavier Woods, Khali, Rey, Rusev, Ryback, Curtis and Brodus Clay can be added without much trouble. Having trouble coming up with the last guy who isn't in NXT or one of the tag guys above.

Sin Cara

And Ryback is definite , he was like the second guy announced.

Ryback and Axel were both in the official picture on the WWE website but both were taken off so I am only going by the pic on the website, John Cena also announced he was going to be in it on RAW when they announced the Battle Royal the night after Chamber.

Well that's two different things. I guess they must be changing up their ideas on the tag match to include Ryback and Axel, but Cena was never actually going to be in the Battle Royal.

Thirty is too many people for a battle royal, I would be ok with twenty. I can definitely see them filling spots with "Wrestlemania Legends" like Duggan and Slaughter. I would prefer they actually put some effort into getting midcard guys in meaningful programs in time for Mania, but at this stage whatever.

You don't want two good guy teams in that three way. As it is it's Good guy Usos, bad guy Rybaxel, and Bad Guy Real Americans with a guy who the crowd is itching to cheer for so much it's turned them into "cool heels". The Usos need to be the only pure good guy team in that match, having the Rhodes in it would throw off the dynamic.

I'm looking at this more from a kayfabe/how things have been presented on tv perspective.

I'm not sure Rybaxel have ever won a match.

The Rhodes Brothers beat the Real Americans twice in a week on t.v., and one of those matches was referred to as a number one contenders match. Rybaxel just lost to Los Matadores on tv clean as a whistle.

In principle I don't disagree with your argument, and have no problem with Ryback and Axel getting the spot/pay day.....except it makes no fucking sense based on how the teams in question have been booked

roles that could be filled by basically anyone.

Nah, if it wasn't Orton and Batista the backlash reactions for Bryan wouldn't be as heated. Number one, Orton and Bryan work together amazingly and have killer matches, and number two, Batista getting the reactions he got and the whole Evolution deal have a big effect. "Basically anyone else"? Nah. Bryan being the new hero of the fans and new top guy is totally dependent on the idea that it's HHH and "his guys" are his adversaries. You know ....like it was maybe planned this way.

Yeah, Batista is key to the reactions which in the end tipped them to doing the match in the first place. But I mean, where he is now, as a begrudging heel whom nobody actually wants to see and is just there to tease a non-happy finish, as compared to him coming in as the supposed big babyface returning star to headline Mania...it's quite a way away.

Orton is pretty much furniture though. He's been funny and all, but in terms of being important to the angle in any way or being a guy anyone cares about, he's really quite invisible.

Nah, if it wasn't Orton and Batista the backlash reactions for Bryan wouldn't be as heated. Number one, Orton and Bryan work together amazingly and have killer matches, and number two, Batista getting the reactions he got and the whole Evolution deal have a big effect. "Basically anyone else"? Nah. Bryan being the new hero of the fans and new top guy is totally dependent on the idea that it's HHH and "his guys" are his adversaries. You know ....like it was maybe planned this way.

Well, I could believe that. Or I could believe all evidence out there. I mean, unless they decided to book the main event scene badly for most of the fall and winter to set up Wrestlemania.

Well, I could believe that. Or I could believe all evidence out there. I mean, unless they decided to book the main event scene badly for most of the fall and winter to set up Wrestlemania.

This. WWE got hit with a Bootista sledgehammer. There was no way in hell they "planned" the reception he got at Rumble or Chamber.

I find myself agreeing with Johnny a good bit over the last week. I feel like Johnny Logic syncs in to the actual truth twice a year, Mania season and the first couple of days of WWE unleashing their hot summer angle before it all goes south. That said, there's no way in hell they planned for this.

I'm kind of sad we didn't get corporate Sheamus though.

I dont think its a foregone conclusion that bryan is beating HHH then going on to win the big one. Maybe its me being cynical but I dont see HHH being used as a stepping stone to further bryan. If anything he will probably win the title and have bryan chase him, get some screwy wins, end result being batista v HHH at summerslam and bryan farting around in the midcard with his heat dissipated.

I can honestly envision a scenario where Hunter cheats to beat Bryan in their match so that Hogan can do his job as the host of Mania and create a four-way. Kind of like Orton beating Rey and Rey getting put back in anyway because reasons.

It sounds God awful and is unlikely, but I can imagine them trying to stretch it out like that, and of all people, it's Hunter.