Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania Predictions (It's never too early)

goodhelmet

I was away on vacation this week so just caught Raw this afternoon, which other than catching up on PWO has definitely been the highlight of the day. If they're not adding a stip to get Bryan into the title match they've got me fooled, as he seemed way too involved with Batista & Orton just to split them up again and go heel/heel at the big show . I also won't buy a Wrestlemania title match without a babyface until I see it.

As unenthused as I was i initially for Cena/Wyatt, the recent 6 mans and promos have me looking forward to the match. Only concern is I don't see how Cena loses there, and don't see how a Cena win does anything for anybody unless Bray gets the title shortly after Mania, which certainly isn't happening.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe this would feel like a bigger Wrestlemania if instead of Cena vs Bray Wyatt they would've given us Shield vs Wyatts in a big gimmick match. That leaves Cena as the odd man out which is impossible considering his status, but fuck it, they could've worked the "change has to go through me first" story in a real feud against Cesaro.

Anyways, I don't see how Triple H wins against D-Bry. I get people being afraid of his ego and the dreaded "I win at Mania, you win the feud at the next PPV" HHH strategy. But considering what happened with Punk, I'm pretty sure Hunter wants to put over Bryan is a big way to prove Punk wrong or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, new predictions for a not-yet completed card....

Andre the Giant Battle Royale - I am going Sheamus here but my heart calls out to Mark Henry

Usos vs. Real Americans - Usos win and Real Americans finally break up. Segment ends with Swagger in the Big Swing.

Shield vs. Kane & New Age Outlaws - 3 minute match that ends with the old bad wrestlers taking 3 finishers from each Shield member and getting pinned simultaneously.

Divas match - AJ Lee loses the belt to her opponent.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt - Wyatt should win but I don't have faith in this. I originally predicted Cena winning this.

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

HHH vs. Daniel Bryan - Only an idiot would book Daniel Bryan not to win. WWE is full of idiots.

Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. (Daniel Bryan) - My complete lack of faith in the WWE has me nervous picking Bryan but lets go with the Wrestlemania moment.

---- If this is the final card, it feels really underwhelming.

Andre the Giant Battle Royale - Worthless, total waste of time.

Usos vs Real Americans - What Will said. Could be fun, I guess.

Shield vs Kane & New Age Outlaws - Holy shit. Kane & New Age Outlaws. Remember when these guys were fresh, in 1998 ? 16 years ago ? It's like having Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas to put over some hot new guys at Wrestlemania 2000. Poor Shield. They win, of course.

Divas match - Anyone gives a fuck ?

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt - Total throwaway match to me. Cena not involved in a big main event or a title match sounds wrong to me, no matter how played out he seems to be. He's still the Man at this point. Cena wins. Wyatt has no legs. It's a cute character, but he's not even as creepy as Waylon Mercy. IF they give him the win, it'll quickly end nowhere, I don't see him ever being a major player.

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar - Again, this doesn't seem as special as it probably should. Taker wins.

HHH vs Daniel Bryan - Only interested in the result. Hopefully short, because God knows no-one wants to see a long HHH match in 2014. Bryan wins. Right ? Right ?

Batista vs Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan - Same thing. Only the feel-good moment interests me, as I couldn't give a crap about either of Bryan (right ?)'s opponents. So as a main event, really it's not compelling at all, especially since 3-ways is a shity gimmick to begin with. But the final pin and celebration should, could be a great moment. Right ? RIGHT ?

But yeah, quite the underwhelming card.

I actually think it's a solid card. It's not epic or full of dream matches, but I kind of like that. Instead of just throwing in some dream matches that make the normal roster seem insignificant, they're actually paying off storylines. Last year featured 3 guest star matches on top. It was too much. This year only features one guest star match (since Hunter and Batista are now regular weekly TV characters), and the main event actually features a payoff to a months long storyline. I can't remember the last time that happened.

This won't be the best WM ever, but I expect the main event matches to be suitably epic, and they'll tale up a lot of the time. I'll definitely take it over last year's card.

It's a fine card, but I think what El-P might be talking about is how nothing about this year is unpredictable in any way at all. The only thing that's unpredictable is whether or not WWE is as big a group of idiots as we all think they are (which is totally founded), but the problem there is that if they really are that moronic, they don't deserve success in the first place.

That being said, if they can't figure out that a WrestleMania Moment with 75,000 people doing the "YES!" chant is worthwhile, fuck 'em.

I disagree that nothing is unpredictable. The Bryan thing is predictable in the way that a big storyline payoff should be and, like you said, the extent to which it's unpredictable is actually bad because it's due to a lack of trust in their ability to book a proper payoff.

The Undertaker match is always predictable so there's no difference there.

I don't find Cena-Wyatt, the battle royal, or the tag title match, whatever it ends up being, to be predictable. All of those could plausibly end a few different ways.

My predictions:

André The Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Alexander Rousev

Triple H. Vs. Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton Vs. Batista Vs. HHH/Bryan

The Undertaker Vs. Brock Lesnar

John Cena Vs. Bray Wyatt

It seems silly to me to have a Royal Rumble on the Wrestlemania card when we just had the real Royal Rumble two months ago. Might as well use it as a launching pad for a new guy though. That being said, at least it's unpredictable & somewhat interesting. I care more about that match than Taker/Brock, Cena/Wyatt or anything on the undercard.

Also, I won't lie, if Triple H beat Daniel Bryan clean in the middle and then won the WWE World Heavyweight Title in the main event, I would laugh until I cried. Just reading the internet post-show from that outcome would be worth it. :P

The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. The Rhodes - Usos retain. I see this being a 3-way after Main Event. This should be nothing less than very good. Hope it doesn't get shafted for time and only go like 10 minutes. Give them 15+ and you have my pick for match of the night.

Battle Royale - This is hard. I'm gonna go with Sheamus since apparently there was that memo passed around that had him as one of their top stars post-Mania. I actually think this will be good. Once the first 20 guys get sent over the top there will be enough solid mid carders that I think this will have a very fun ending stretch.

Divas - AJ loses. I'll say to Naomi. I hope not but they need that moment probably for the mid-season premier of Total Divas.

Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena - I'm gonna go with Bray. Honestly I think if Cena goes over I'm legit gonna feel like a lot of anti-Cena net smarks will. I want to see him put over a young guy here. Somewhat interested in the match.

Shield vs. Kane & NAO - Shield. Ugh. You have a team of should-be future main eventers who have KILLED IT for the past year and on Wrestlemania you put them in with 3 decrepit old guys. No way can they keep up. I really wish they'd give the Shield a chance to bring the house down with an awesome 6 man on this show. Oh well. Match will be average.

Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker - Taker. I expect it to be better than Taker's last several WM matches.

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan - Bryan. Should be fun. Given the added stipulation and my lack of faith in WWE, there will probably be multiple HHH near falls that give me a heart attack.

Daniel Bryan vs. Batista vs. Orton - Bryan. You really gotta think they have to put Bryan over. Hopefully should be fun and drama filled. Feel good moment ending will be nice. WMX ring full of babyfaces ending celebration please.

Should be a pretty good show. Should and could have been much better. Still should be better than the last several WMs. The Bryan saga should help with the big show feel. Close roof stadium should help the crowd heat.

No way Undertaker loses. He's never going to lose. Ever. I do think he may do a job at some point, but he'll end up wrestling an extra match on a show like Summerslam and do it there so the streak stays intact. If he was going to lose, it would also be to someone like Cena, not Brock.

That's why I'm not interested in their match at all. It's obvious Taker wins, and I don't see Brock getting to beat the hell out of Taker the way he did to Cena two years ago or Punk last year.

One good thing about The Shield having kind of a blah match at WrestleMania is that it seems like they're gonna keep them together for a while now that they know Bryan is firmly entrenched as their #2, which means that while Reigns got himself the big push at Royal Rumble, they can keep them together for a while longer to feud with the Wyatts if they wanted to.

I don't think the six man tag will be competitive. Kane/NAO just have to be bases for Rollins to launch himself at, brawl with Ambrose a bit, and then get speared/super-punched out of their boots by Reigns. They should just get it over with in five minutes.

I have no idea how the paydays work now due to the WWE Network. My first thought though, was that if this was Pay-Per-View like it was before the Network, the André Battle Royal wouldn't be happening because of how many guys would be getting that payday. That might just be the cynic in me though.

I'm interested in hearing more about why C.M. Punk left after thinking about that though. I guess that shit might have already sailed.

It would actually be great if Ambrose went full on heel with the Authority and they just kept Reigns away from him until at LEAST Summerslam and ideally longer. Instead, they'd probably feud for the next three ppvs after Mania and you'd end up with at least one and maybe both guys cooled off significantly compared to if they were both protected for a few months first.

Unless they let the Rhodes Brothers pull double duty, they are stuck in the battle royal. That sucks.

Looking at the website, they still have 2 weeks before the big show but only 5 matches announced. I am hoping they start filling this card up soon so I can stop predicting matches and start predicting outcomes.

Unless they let the Rhodes Brothers pull double duty, they are stuck in the battle royal. That sucks.

Looking at the website, they still have 2 weeks before the big show but only 5 matches announced. I am hoping they start filling this card up soon so I can stop predicting matches and start predicting outcomes.

I've been wondering about the battle royal / undercard dynamic as well. They seem to have put just about every meaningful undercard performer in the royal, so absent double duty what's left other than some bathroom break matches?

I think a lot of matches will go long. HHH/Bryan is sure to get 40 minutes if you include the videos/entrances. The main event will likely be kept relatively short considering how blown up Batista is, although the triple threat dynamic will give him time to rest. Presumably there will be some angle with Hogan taking up twenty minutes. Cena/Wyatt and Lesnar/Taker will both go long. Still, I dread to think how they will fill a lot of the time, especially if they are shunting The Shield down to the pre-show, which seems a bit silly considering how heavily they have been featured all year.

Not a fan of the battle royal really, devalues the Royal Rumble a little bit.

How?

Because you are running a thirty man battle royal two months after running a thirty man battle royal which you sell as a unique, one off annual event, one that consistently gets good buys because of that.

How does a battle royal "devalue" the Rumble? The Rumble is different and it's result affects the title match at Mania. The Andre memorial is a normal battle royal where I think the winner gets a trophy.

Who's ever going to say "why did I buy the Rumble since they're doing a battle royal in the mid card at Mania?"