Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Trivia - Cool Finds

Fantastic

Bored at work earlier, started thinking about the potential for cool and unheard of facts about a 50+ year old company like WWE. Everyone knows the obvious stuff, but what about the not so obvious?

For instance, did you know that:

- Apart from Buddy Rogers (who was awarded the title as the inaugural champion), Randy Orton is the only man ever to have become WWE Champion without actually winning it in a match? TEchnically, a case could be made for Shawn Michaels, since the match was stopped by the referee on Vince McMahon's orders, and the title was basically given to Michaels. There was also no clear finish to the match or any indication that somebody won or lost, but it has. But, the fact there was a match that led to a title change kind of renders this case a moot point.

Keep em coming.

Bored at work earlier, started thinking about the potential for cool and unheard of facts about a 50+ year old company like WWE. Everyone knows the obvious stuff, but what about the not so obvious?

For instance, did you know that:

- Apart from Buddy Rogers (who was awarded the title as the inaugural champion), Randy Orton is the only man ever to have become WWE Champion without actually winning it in a match? TEchnically, a case could be made for Shawn Michaels, since the match was stopped by the referee on Vince McMahon's orders, and the title was basically given to Michaels. There was also no clear finish to the match or any indication that somebody won or lost, but it has. But, the fact there was a match that led to a title change kind of renders this case a moot point.

Keep em coming.

Re: Michaels, the referee called for the bell and indicated that Bret Hart had submitted. Disagree with you.

Bobby Heenan was arrested for pot possession in 1991?

Really? I've never heard this. I suppose it isn't exactly out of the realms of possibility, it's not like recreational drug use is solely confined to the wrestlers. Wasn't Heenan having a lot of neck problems around this time also?

Thought of another interesting one earlier

- Despite being a main event heel and prominent mid carder at various times throughout the 1980's and early 1990's, Roddy Piper has never competed on a Summerslam (the second biggest PPV of the year) card.

Bobby Heenan was arrested for pot possession in 1991?

Really? I've never heard this. I suppose it isn't exactly out of the realms of possibility, it's not like recreational drug use is solely confined to the wrestlers. Wasn't Heenan having a lot of neck problems around this time also?

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/91.htm

1/1/91: Bobby Heenan was arrested the day after he collapsed on an airplane. Police found 48 grams of marijuana and narcotic paraphernalia in his baggage.

"Neck problems ", ok. Hahaha. So basically, Bobby got drunk on a plane, passed out and they found his weed and bowl.

Well, a lot of the guys seem to do weed as an alternative to painkillers when working injured and such. It stands to reason that Heenan might have been doing the same, although I'm willing to be Heenan was almost as notorious as Ric Flair for partying. He seems the type!

- Seth Rollins has the highest Meltzer rating average out of all WWE wrestlers, not to mention anyone who has ever wrestled for WWE.

- Seth Rollins has the highest Meltzer rating average out of all WWE wrestlers, not to mention anyone who has ever wrestled for WWE.

good one! along similar lines, this would take way more effort but i suspect goldust would be the longest-active wrestler to have the highest average meltzer rating of the year, at least in WWE. IIRC he was #1 over cena/punk/bryan last year.

It probably just means a pipe or bong.

Maybe legally but marijuana technically is not a narcotic.

I'm pretty sure that US federal law classifies a narcotic as any drug which is prohibited. Paraphernalia could mean anything from a pipe to the bag it was in. Having said that, I'm sure Bobby did coke at some point.

Paige was the first wrestler born in the 1990's to win a main roster WWE title.

Great find! Only 21 years of age, that also makes her the youngest Divas champion of all time.

I believe Rene Dupree still holds the record for being the youngest champion in WWE history, he was 19 when he became one of the World Tag Team champions. Jeff Hardy was the youngest wrestler to actually wrestle for WWE, he was 16 in his first match.