Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

Tech troubleshooting

In terms of being everything being easy to navigate, pages loading quickly, content being released on consistent schedule, etc., I am the first to admit that PWO is still sputtering along. We'll get there. Believe it. Ambition, perfectionism, and working alone is a dangerous mix. :)

I will add this label to the site but I think it's probably best for me & also to properly set expectations to consider this site in beta mode for the first three months or so. We'll eventually be in a rhythm and all will be great.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:10 AM, Loss said:

I cleaned up a lot of "junk" on the site a couple of days ago. Have you noticed any improvement on load time?

As WingedEagle said, not as quick as it used to but way better than last weekend.

Some observations:

Site

- Load time is better but still not quite "there" yet.

- The dimensions of the site get cut off on an iPad, so it's not optimized for mobile yet. I haven't tried it on a phone, but I assume it will be the same. This is not an issue with the board, only the site.

Board

- Night and day improvement, but is the random "I want to receive the weekly ProWrestlingOnly.com newsletter:Yes/No" thing ever going to be fixed? :P Oddly, it only affects certain users - I think anyone who made any changes to their profile after the new board was introduced.

I appreciate that everything's a work-in-progress thus far, and I think you've done a great job over the past couple of weeks.

I spoke too soon about the message board. Tons of errors today. The usual cloudfare stuff, or sometimes it will half-load and the tab will say "configuration error." Is it only me?

The board has been great today, and great in general since the upgrade, so whatever it was yesterday was hopefully an aberration.