Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

Exposer

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show, while not bad, is hilariously running short on time.

I don't think so. They have 45 minutes left for the main event. Even if you added another 5 minutes to Rusev-Swagger, you would still have a match that could run 30 minutes.

It's fine now, as I typed that before Rusev-Swagger. Do they still aim for shows to end 10 minutes to the hour? Or is that different in the Network era?

I still can't get into Rusev at all. The whole act seems so cheap and dated to me, and there is no shelf life in it,

Not saying this to be snarky at all but hasn't it already had significant shelf life compared to a lot of shit they do?

They haven't actually done anything with him yet. Months of squash matches, and then another few months of him facing patriots. The same boring promos every week. He has had a shelf life in terms of being on television, but once they move beyond the reductionist, lazy Russia vs America stuff there isn't much left for him.

It astonishes me how little movement they make with people in such a long period of time. The dude with the bunny was the same, doing the same shtick every week literally for months.

You can't please everyone. I don't like sci-fi and don't watch many horror movies either, so maybe the character just isn't made for me.

They've been doing the slow rise of Rusev. It's being done incredibly well.

It has been deathly boring. This isn't Lesnar destroying people in 2002 and being in different feuds every month, proper angles that have a storyline and mean something. This is week after week of tedious, predictable squash matches and a smattering of solid PPV bouts worked around the dated Anti-America angle.

Ambrose/Wyatt starting out strong, not sure the fans buy it as the main event though.

Well this is a tedious end to a tedious feud. Just a stream of spots and bumps sequenced together with little thought. The contrast with Cena/Rollins is massive, that match had rhyme and rhythm and everything flowed into everything else perfectly. Whereas these is stop-start and awkward, and feels overly cute with stuff like the TV Monitor. Bumps means nothing without the correct build, without drawing out the tension and setting up to it nicely.

That is/was why WWE main events were so terrible for ages - they would have this final ten minutes of endless false finishes and back and forth and it meant nothing because the first half of the match was so plodding and pointless, just time to fill before they moved onto the finishers.

Three massive ladder dives into tables in one match? Zero need for it. One would have meant so much more had it been teased properly.

Bray Wyatt vs. Dean Ambrose (TLC)

- Great start with the ladder throwing and Ambrose doing the headbutt/sweet punch combos. Another violent match with some sweet spots. The Ambrose fall through the table off the uppercut looked epic. Man, Iwas just about to complain about the finisher teases and then Wyatt lays Ambrose out with that SICK lariat. I like the idea of the elbow drops through the table but I sorta wished the tables were a little further away from the ladders. I didn’t think this was as good as the opener even if some of the spots were more epic. They spent a little too much time setting up spots and I don’t even mind the hokey electric shock finish.