Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

Exposer

They will have to put in a strong effort to be even more missable than the last few weeks of television. I managed to fast forward through Smackdown watching only five minutes or so. The whole thing was just recaps, boring promos and pointless matches. Raw is much the same.

Such a stale product again, although no doubt the WM build will draw me back in.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fucking great. Feud continues.

Doubt it. That had blow off written all over it. The only reason they did the hokey television spot was so Ambrose didn't look as bad.

Didn't look as bad? How about the fact that it makes him look really stupid. I mean I don't know are we supposed to believe that Dean thought that a TV doesn't have a cord or cable attached to it and actually works

It is like the Hell in the Cell match against Rollins. A damn good match and the thing most people remember is that dumb hologram for the finish.

Doubt it. That had blow off written all over it. The only reason they did the hokey television spot was so Ambrose didn't look as bad.

Since Ambrose/ Wyatt is co-headlining the house show run that starts in February that I'll be seeing, umm...no.

If that is true WWE Creative really is the drizzling shits. The same feuds running for month after month, and they barely even change up the segments or the promo content week and week. It never gets elevated or they never add any leftfield slant to it. The epitome of lazy booking. They just did a major gimmick match with tons of huge bumps and a fairly clean finish, there is no point carrying the feud on especially since it is getting no real reaction. Maybe a Cage Match on Raw to kill time until the RR.

I will be amazed if they run that feud for another few months though. Surely they will just use the matches on the house show run and have them do something else on television?

They will have to put in a strong effort to be even more missable than the last few weeks of television. I managed to fast forward through Smackdown watching only five minutes or so. The whole thing was just recaps, boring promos and pointless matches. Raw is much the same.

Such a stale product again, although no doubt the WM build will draw me back in.

I don't know if anything will be able to top last year's build up

What was hokey about the TV spot?

Probably the fact that televisions don't just explode like that. Not to mention the fact they had a television randomly turned on under the ring, and Ambrose decides to use it as a weapon even though it is a fairly harmless object and obviously plugged in. The spot was therefore dumb, contrived and unrealistic.

Since Ambrose/ Wyatt is co-headlining the house show run that starts in February that I'll be seeing, umm...no.

Card Subject To Change

Solution: Just watch the stuff that gets pimped and the PPVs.

I missed the pre-show (because I didn't care enough to watch it) and Dolph/Harper (because the WWE Network is still a terrible, buggy service that shit the bed because I decided to watch the PPV five minutes late - oh no!). Honestly though, no matter how "great" the I-C match was, I don't give a fuck. It's a lower midcard spot at this point, and it undoes Dolph's amazing Survivor Series push and moment. I had no desire to see it and won't be seeking it out. I only care about matches that matter.

- Miz/Mizdow vs. Usos: What was the fucking point of the Naomi angle? It wasn't even a factor in this match. Cheap DQ finishes are never good, but Miz/Mizdow is a fun act.

- Show/Rowan: I assume everyone is shitting on this, but I thought it was fun for what it was. Nothing special, but still a nice little brawl.

- Cena/Rollins: Was shocked to see this so early, so I thought for sure Rollins would win. The earlier 3 on 1 stuff with Mercury and Noble reminded me too much of one of the Cena/Wyatt matches, and not in a good way. Otherwise, great match but unsatisfactory ending.

- Nikki vs. AJ: It was what it was. I thought for sure Brie would turn at the end and we'd get a sister vs. sister feud for the title. But nope...I guess Brie's actions really have been poorly written, illogical garbage.

- Kane vs. Ryback: Ryback is over. Corporate Kane isn't. Nothing else I can really say about this match.

- Rusev vs. Swagger: Match of the night for me, and I'm not one of those people who thinks Rusev can do no wrong. There was a genuine false finish with the first Accolade - I really thought it was over - and then Swagger had me believing again with the Ankle Lock right after. Short match, but very, very effective.

- Ambrose vs. Wyatt: I was surprised to see this in the main event slot, and even more surprised that a heel - Wyatt - went over. This was a stunt show/garbage match, which I guess was the point and what everyone wanted, but I don't really love those types of matches. Near the end when they were both laid out by the announce table, there was a blink and you miss it moment with Ambrose relaying the next spot to Wyatt - but I blame the close-up camera work more than Ambrose for that. Still, despite my dislike of garbage matches, it was good for what it was...until that monumentally stupid finish. Is Ambrose really such a moron that he wouldn't think to disconnect the fucking monitor first? The sparks didn't look cool, just stupid...and so did Ambrose's character. With the story that he used to stand up to the office whenever The Shield was stupidly booked, I'm surprised he let this one fly. It probably sounded better on paper.

Not a bad show - entertaining enough, I suppose - but nothing I'll remember a few months from now either.

Other thoughts:

- Reigns is back! Yay? He needs another year before he gets a main event push.

- Don't care about Cena vs. Lesnar at all. Their match at SummerSlam was the worst big match of the year. (Yeah, I said it. Don't care how much IWC love it gets, just because Cena got decimated. That didn't make it good or entertaining.)

- Wyatt is overrated as a character and wrestler.

Solution: Just watch the stuff that gets pimped and the PPVs.

Pretty much what I do. Fast forward through Raw every week and watch the PPVs when I can be bothered.

Of course, a better 'solution' would be WWE actually making some effort and going beyond worn out tropes to put on a good, innovative, exciting, unpredictable product. Saying "If you don't like it don't watch it" is just a cop out, and excuses them for the dirge they put out every week knowing a lot of people will watch it whatever out of habit/loyalty to the product or in the hope they will see something good.

Watching the 'pimped' stuff doesn't always work for me, because the people pimping are either like Dylan who has totally different tastes to me or Johnny Sorrow who pretty much likes anything they put out. The Bella Twins and Titus O'Neill are about my favorite people on the roster and their stuff rarely gets pimped.

This show was weird to me in the sense there was nothing wrong with the matches themselves, they were all OK to very good. The issue is I couldn't be bothered to give a shit about anything going on at all. They might as well have aired 3 hours of guys having practice matches at the Performance Center.

What are the chances of Ambrose and Reigns being the 2015 versions of Daniel Bryan and Batista? Serious question, not trolling.

I've been calling this exact thing happening since the giant pop Ambrose got clear back at Money in the Bank, and part of me wonders if maybe WWE came to the same realization that it could happen, and that is why they have been booking Ambrose to do stupid comedy shit and look like a jack ass losing to holograms and exploding tv's.

You know that house show matches aren't written in stone right? Felt like the blowoff

This Bray Wyatt promo is truly terrible. Embarrassing stuff. The cheesy statements about ascending to heaven, the forced delivery, the pretend laughter. He seriously has to be one of the worst promos in company history when you consider the amount of microphone time given. What an awful, awful character. People like him are the reason I can't watch Raw live - sitting through his rambling, cringe worthy promos turned me off the product again a few months ago.

Agreed 100%

Decent show tonight but what a flat ending.

This show was weird to me in the sense there was nothing wrong with the matches themselves, they were all OK to very good. The issue is I couldn't be bothered to give a shit about anything going on at all. They might as well have aired 3 hours of guys having practice matches at the Performance Center.

This is spot on. Everybody worked reasonably hard, nothing was sloppy, but aside from the IC match nothing on the show was compelling whatsoever.

I felt bad for Big Show & Rowan, slogging around, trying to figure out things to do with ring steps. Absurd match that ended up being predictably terrible. Ambrose taking crazy bumps to tepid reactions. Ryback & Kane with hard chair shots while nobody cared. The show was a fucking chore to watch for the last 2h 30m.

What are the chances of Ambrose and Reigns being the 2015 versions of Daniel Bryan and Batista? Serious question, not trolling.

Reigns being Batista, I'd say pretty high at the Rumble, though I think he'll do better in well, rube towns.

Ambrose- I'm already seeing the crowds die a bit for him because of how they've made him look dumb. I think they might be coming close to missing their chance with him.

The December TLC show is always going to be a bit of a placeholder show given where it lands on the calendar. It is also has the handicap of being a themed show. Given both of those things, I thought the show was completely fine and I enjoyed the card as a whole a lot more than I did Survivor Series. I am surprised at how negative some the feedback for the show has been in other places because I personally thought ot was better or at least on par with many of this year's PPVs.

I do agree that the promotion as a whole is really stale. The roster itself is incredibly stale.