Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

Exposer

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A late match of the year contender there.

Perfect execution of the overbooked, dramatic WWE style. It was exciting, brilliantly laid out, the pacing was perfect. The bumps to take out Mercury & Noble were superbly done and looked violent as fuck. The initial stretch up to the referee bump and the the brilliant sequence to the top rope AA were absolutely top draw. The subsequent J&J Security double table bump was fantastic. The match never dragged, it was all action, all the twists and turns worked and were believable. Everyone played their role superbly, Rollins as the sleazy, cocky heel and Cena as the eternal underdog. The commentary was the best I’ve heard all year.

The false finishes added drama and didn’t feel forced. The Big Show and Roman Reigns run ins amped it up even further. Whoever laid out this match deserves an absolute ton of credit, it played out like a masterpiece, ebbing and flowing back and forth, the crowd were riveted. Just little things like the announce table not breaking. You never knew who was going to win.

That is how to work a overbooked, exciting gimmick match full of props and run ins. Couldn’t have been much better. Best match I have seen this year.

Good Reigns return. Guess we know why Show went over earlier. It was overbooked, but the most glaring part of that is how uncredible Rollins is. Feels worse than Jericho's Undisputed title run. This had fun enough spots for me to not fully hate it. You can tell it went long, though, they didn't bother with much of post match replays

John Cena vs. Seth Rollins (Tables Match)

- The overbooking and interference actually helped this match. One thing I don’t like is the roles of J&J. They should never get the upper hand ever on Cena or any other superstar. They should be out there to only buy time for Rollins or HHH or whoever. It was the biggest problem I had with the handicap match the other week on RAW. The initial Rollins table drop made me think Cena was losing. Then the double table finish had me thinking it was another shitty finish. Then the announce table not breaking made me think it was a gimmick not agreeing with the wrestlers. The return of Reigns was a surprise and got a great reaction. 2 for 2 in matches that matter even if the rest has sucked so far.

There were good things in this match but I just didn't care at all. The Cena/Rollins feud has been awful, I don't care a lick about either of them. Cena/Lesnar NUMBER FOUR is an awful indictment of WWE's booking. Reigns return was cool in itself but I'm not looking forward to the big Reigns push.

One thing I don’t like is the roles of J&J. They should never get the upper hand ever on Cena or any other superstar.

I don't see it like that. They are both former wrestlers so it shouldn't be too unbelievable for them to get the upper hand when double teaming and sneakily attacking from behind. Not like they are going toe to toe with top guys.

I seem to be in the minority, but I have no problem with another Cena-Lesnar. They have great chemistry and I see a natural arc for their 2014-2015 series. Lesnar overwhelmed Cena at Summerslam. Cena showed he could compete in match No. 2 but couldn't close the show. And in match No. 3, he'll either take the last step or Lesnar will be reaffirmed as a monster going into Mania.

Divas match was solid, should have got longer. Ending was spot on, Nicki has a fantastic finisher. Both characters are strong. Brie & Nicki Bella have a case to be top five WWE workers this year, if you take into account character, feuds, charisma. Solid in the ring and consistently some of the most memorable characters on the show. Hope they get something decent at Wrestemania.

I seem to be in the minority, but I have no problem with another Cena-Lesnar. They have great chemistry and I see a natural arc for their 2014-2015 series. Lesnar overwhelmed Cena at Summerslam. Cena showed he could compete in match No. 2 but couldn't close the show. And in match No. 3, he'll either take the last step or Lesnar will be reaffirmed as a monster going into Mania.

I'm with you, man.