Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Tentative Rosters

KrisZ

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Billy Joe Travis available? According to his wiki he was wrestling just not in a big territory in 1983:

In 1981, Billy asked Dale Mann, who was the owner, promoter, and star of MWA Championship Wrestling, to give him a chance to wrestle. Soon Billy became the number three baby-face in the territory behind Dale Mann and Danny Fargo. Billy and Mike Mann became the promotion's hottest tag team, known as the Southern Sensations, and became the MWA tag team Champions. Billy worked for Dale until January 1984 when he headed to Memphis for his first run, which was mostly squash matches which he was the jobber. Billy's next run was with the WWF National expansion where he did jobs from April until December 1984. He gained a lot of national exposure from this experience. He also had a match against the Iron Sheik during this time where he was allowed to shine even though he lost.

The thing about those Dale Mann shows is I have no results to go by to tell who was there and who wasn't....Billy Travis at that time was bland and green as grass...he didn't become good until 1986.

I'd push that back to 1985 where he turns heel and teams with Norvell & Koko as the 3rd PYT and then teams with Ron Sexton and is managed by Buddy Wayne.

Wrestling Data is back up if there is anybody we need to verify.

I found The Spoiler working the Maritimes in August and September (looks like the lost the title to Leo Burke at the season finale) but nothing between March and July so him being unavailable is correct. I could have sworn he worked one of the Texas promotions that summer but I guess not

I've just been cruising the internet for Bellomo stuff. The guy had a very very weird deal in WWF.

There's an MSG match vs. Johnny Rodz from 12/28/84 when Howard Finkel introduces his parents to the crowd before the match. Bellomo goes over and then cuts a promo post-match about how proud he is.

So weird, because this is one month after he jobs to Bobby Heenan and has a Piper's Pit in which he's totally roasted and called a pizza boy.

A couple of years later in 1987, he appears on the Snake Pit where he "shows off" his body as Jake mocks him.

Then I watched a bit of a match of him in 1993 in ECW vs. Kerry Von Erich, where he's completely transformed into the above.

What the fuck was his WWF career about? Did Vince find it funny to keep this guy hanging around as a sort of weirdly featured jobber? He kept giving him TV time in prominent spots in a way a lot of the other jobbers didn't get.