Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Tentative Rosters

KrisZ

His career stats are interesting too:

(win - draw - loss)

He comes into WWF in 82:

Untitled.png

56 wins in 82. Including singles wins over Mr. Saito. And tagging with Andre and Pedro Morales. The losses are actually battle royals, he was undefeated for the year.

By 83 he's still winning a lot more than jobbing and even has a title bout vs. Iron Sheik late in the year. He has wins over Ivan Koloff too. Not the jobber you'd think he is.

By 84, it seems as soon as Vince Jr takes over he's relegated to JTTS status and treated as a complete joke. Weird deal that he'd stick around for another 3-4 years to be humilated. But looking at the numbers, it also looks like he went part-time and probably only wrestled in the North East.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck was his WWF career about? Did Vince find it funny to keep this guy hanging around as a sort of weirdly featured jobber? He kept giving him TV time in prominent spots in a way a lot of the other jobbers didn't get.

I feel like it was Tito that explained it. He was the latin star. Sal was supposed to be the Italian one but it didn't work out as planned.

So Vince had to have him stick around to ritually humilate him every year or so?

"Oh but he was in on it! It was a pay day!" - Johnny Sorrow

Seems like bullying in the work place to me.

"Oh vey! Eughhh. You're looking at it through modern eyes!"

Isn't it funny that I can almost predict Johnny's objections in my inner dialogue now. That's what doing over 50 shows with a guy can do to you.

They are as of July 1, 1983

WWA had guys like Jerry Valiant, Great Wojo, Tiny Hampton, Max Blue, Gil Guerrero, and other winners like that

Didn't see him in the first post, can I draft Gil? Also didn't see Snake Williams so I will put him in this thread even though you told me in PM he was ok because if someone else really wanted to take him and got him instead of me that would not really break my heart. He is a nice scummy undercard dude but he's just a name and a guy I saw 1 youtube video of.

Another Vancouver guy I watched that I want to officially ask about: Moondog Morretti,

Moretti is supposed to be on the list....

I gotta say there are some names I've seen people float around asking about who are basically jobbers while there is some quality talent still on the board....which is fine because they can drop to me.

Thanks Kris.

I am more kind of thinking "what the hell am I going to do in round 19?" If someone really scoops any of those names before then...well I'll be watching more obscure 80s wrestling then. I am trying to stay true to the "low-tier" Portland/San Antonio/Vancouver thing.

Moretti is supposed to be on the list....

I gotta say there are some names I've seen people float around asking about who are basically jobbers while there is some quality talent still on the board....which is fine because they can drop to me.

Well at this point I think we're filling roster space with guys who make sense for what we've built thus far.

But yeah, Mike Jackson being taken so early was disheartening.

Jackson really wasn't taken that early in the grand scheme of things.

You also have to recognize that different promotions have different needs, and certain guys have limited value in certain territories. There are actually a few guys left on the board who could easily be main eventers in several territories without even building them up through booking. That said of those guys, there are very few who would have all that much value to me in Portland without building them up through booking, and if I'm going to have to put in the effort I'd just as soon do it for someone like Gerry Morrow or Billy Two Eagles who fit the feel of the promotion better.

Now having said all of that did we ever get a ruling on Billy Joe Travis?