Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/1 - 6/7/15

goodhelmet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statistics is a funny subject where a good proportion of academics believe that standard textbook techniques like hypothesis testing and confidence intervals are fundamentally wrong and that the standard interpretation of probability is limited, but they don't tell you that until you do a third year course in Bayesian statistics (at least when I was first studying at university).

From my experience most math professors at university think that statistics is not proper science and way beneath them to spend any time on.

Statistics is a funny subject where a good proportion of academics believe that standard textbook techniques like hypothesis testing and confidence intervals are fundamentally wrong and that the standard interpretation of probability is limited, but they don't tell you that until you do a third year course in Bayesian statistics (at least when I was first studying at university).

From my experience most math professors at university think that statistics is not proper science and way beneath them to spend any time on.

That's true, I was specifically speaking about people who work in the field of statistics.

Actually, lets say Ross talks to Austin 20 times about wrestling at Mania. Out of 20 conversations on coming out of retirement, he expresses interest 7 out of 20 times, that would be 35% and be pretty accurate from the gut. Hells yeah JR BBQ@!!!

This assumes that Brock is 100% interested though. If Brock were only 80% interested in working that match, then Austin would have to express interest to JR 9 out of 20 times. We can safely assume that WWE is 100% interested as that would be a big $$ match. But maybe Brock has reasons of his own for not wanting to work it. Maybe he won't want the pressure of potentially injuring Austin in his return. Maybe he doesn't think he could work a good match with a 50 year old. Shoot, maybe Brock is only 2/3 interested in that specific match. That means that Austin would have to express interest 11 out of 20 times to JR.

Can we just get Scott Steiner to crunch some numbers on this?