Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 6/1 - 6/7/15

goodhelmet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Austin switched into Stone Cold I fucking popped. If they actually do the match, Austin winning will be a fucking amazing moment. Fucking Stone Cold is the fucking best.

Not to be "that guy" but Austin beating Lesnar would be like Andre beating Hogan at WM3. It makes zero sense.

When Austin switched into Stone Cold I fucking popped. If they actually do the match, Austin winning will be a fucking amazing moment. Fucking Stone Cold is the fucking best.

Not to be "that guy" but Austin beating Lesnar would be like Andre beating Hogan at WM3. It makes zero sense.

True. And I was thinking the same thing.

Counterpoint argument being that Austin returning in Texas, only to lose, kind of ranks right up there with Austin turning heel in Texas. Just seems sort of stupid.

Of course there's seemingly no benefit of putting Austin over Lesnar in 2016, but the same could be said for A LOT of their booking decisions at Mania events. It's hardly a stretch to see them going that route, given how much they like to protect their legends and past stars on these cards.

That being said, with the amount of money they're throwing at Lesnar over the next few years, maybe they'll go the bold route of Lesnar/Taker again. Brock beating Stone Cold in Texas might not be on the level of ending the streak, but it might not be too far off in terms of monumental moments. All depends on the presentation & the hype that goes into it.

If Austin isn't coming back, I'm betting the next WWE video game will have some sort of legends vs. current roster mode, with Austin and Brock on the cover.

But, man, how good was Austin's promo? He really made you believe he could whip Brock's ass. Incredible!

Austin and Heyman both seem like guys that are clever enough to think that the illusion of an Austin/Lesnar WM match may actually be more marketable from a meta/smark standpoint than an actual Austin/Lesnar WM match.

They both also seem like guys who are not only willing but eager, at times, to go off-script and tweak Vince a little bit.

Anyway, I wouldn't believe that an Austin/Lesnar match was happening at Wrestlemania until someone rang the bell at Wrestlemania 32 and both guys were in the ring, facing each other. No way in hell. Fun promo, though.

As Meltzer said, they wouldn't of said it for the sake of saying it.

Like when he and CM Punk went even further than the Brock deal with Punk & Austin doing this in the same room together pretty much just for the sake of it?