Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have no problem with you using him now. To be honest, I have some fears that we are down to 6 people left in the game which means that there could be up to almost 200 people in the draft and with it being only 3 rounds.... I am unsure if DJ Peterson would be in the top 18.

Where is the 200 coming from?

The only roster being thrown in is Boons at this point. If Dragon stops then we will put his in as well. A majority of those guys are piece players to fit specific holes. Those names along with the 3 from Japan and then the original fresh faces are nowhere near 200 are they?

I would have no problem with you using him now. To be honest, I have some fears that we are down to 6 people left in the game which means that there could be up to almost 200 people in the draft and with it being only 3 rounds.... I am unsure if DJ Peterson would be in the top 18.

Personally, even if we're only 6 at this point, it's not like we haven't had this situation before. And we're a solid core six so I don't really see an issue at the moment. Ever since I joined last year, some people came and went so I'm not worried about that. I'm sure we're gonna fill some other slots eventually.

As for the DJ Peterson situation, it would be highly hypocritical of me to even be against him being used on Gene's roster, given the similar situation happened to me merely weeks ago with Jos LeDuc & Floyd Creatchman. So, I'm absolutely 100% for this.

Giving you a heads-up, guys, that we might have someone else to join in the Project. He's currently doing an IWA series set in 1991 in the Armchair Booking section and he's really interested to join in so he can improve his writing. LowBlow, I told him to DM you for more info & guidance.

Yeah, crossing my fingers that he's joining. He's doing a pretty good job with his IWA 1991 series and I'm sure he'd find his bearings pretty quickly here. Don't know yet if he would takeover for gordi or Boon or a brand new territory though. As long as he's comfortable with what he picks, that's all that matters.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I am thinking of doing a 2 night tag tournament for November 15 and 16th. Would anybody be interested in contributing a tag team to participate? It will be a 16 team , single elimination tournament and I have 11 teams from my own roster, but it would be fun to have some participation from other rosters. Your teams will be treated with respect, I promise.

So far, the participants will be

The British Bulldogs

The Killer Bees

British Steel

Cpl. Scott Hall & Pvt. Mick Foley

Memphis Vice

Badd Company

Mike Rotundo & Rick Steiner

The Onyx Express

Buzz Sawyer & Dave Schultz

Killer Khan & "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell

Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

The Freebirds (thanks, Gene!)

There are still 4 slots left

As I said earlier, there were some developments. The draft is currently scheduled to start in December... with that, I have added the Radical Wrestling, Puerto Rico, Central States, and Smokey Mountain rosters to the draft. If those rosters pop back in, then I will add them back on the list but they have all been inactive for quite some time.

That also means that a 4th round has been added to the draft with only 6 of us drafting at this point. Again, we have open spots and we can work things out if need be for new people.

If anything else happens, I will update everyone and we will go from there.

• 2 weeks later...