Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin, I think we've have all said we don't want you to quit.

I have sent you a PM on the topic and said it on here.

I would discourage any kind of cleaning house trades as it is counter productive to the overall movement of the project.

I think that this draft has been a major issue from the get go with all those involved to be drafted and so on... the sooner it is finished the sooner we can get back to business.

I don't even want to wait till Sunday to put this thing in the rearview mirror but will so we can all move forward...

To be honest, I was not cleaning house, I would still make fair deals so if there are things out their that seem "fair" to everyone, I am open to it. I have no motivation to write at this time but I hope to find it soon. If I do not, it would be better for all of you to have a roster that you are most happy with. This includes rookies and draft picks.

Like Derek said, no one wants you to quit. If that's the impression you got, we apologize. We're all digging your work and we're mostly looking out for spaldoni who's new in the Project and still trying to grasp everything going on. Keep in mind that he's picked up a key territory in the game and while we all know that you didn't ever mean to rob him of anything, I understand why he reacted this way. If you need a few days to cool off and recharge your batteries while going along with the draft, do so. We're just hoping that you'll stick around.

Edger, I understand all that. You even said that you thought after I gained all of this picks that I would trade some of them. I am open to it and always have been but nobody proposed anything to me. I am still open to it. Last year I traded out of the first round and soon after drafting Boss Man in the second round, I traded him. This year I acquired picks and have no idea what to do with them. During the year, I acquired Ultimate Warrior who I sent to Central States because I will admit that I am poor at developing rookies.

I did not acquire this picks to mess up anyone else. Nobody has ever asked me to trade any of them and I WAS and STILL AM open to trading them.

In that case, this changes things a bit. Maybe that with the Fresh Faces draft starting this weekend, this can open up your options and some will be looking to inquire about some of your draft picks. That's an option I could admittedly consider myself, depending on who goes where.

I'm good to go whenever. Just gimme a day and time.

Far as I can see, I only have a few guys I really want that are going to hold a lot of name value in the fresh face draft. Picks are not at a premium for me. Plus, my entire roster is made up of PR guys and guys I have use for.

Draft thread is good to go...

One idea to think of... I have 4 rounds... but would anyone have interest to keep the draft going as much as someone would like?

For example... if a person would to want this option they would more than likely pick last in the 1987 draft... but the reward would be to re-pick your roster for the most part from all of the options available.

Now the kicker would be that you can't use them until January 1st... but come that date... all the individuals you drafted would be yours and then you would just need to make your cap of 50. This would be relinquishing other wrestlers on your roster but really shaking things up and allowing individuals to pick from what we have so we don't have the free agent hassles after.

What do you guys think?

You don't necessarily need to bulk up your roster because you feel like you need to match everyone else. I personally am more comfortable working with a 40-man roster so when I need to freshen things up, I just switch bodies around with other territories to bring new blood. But it's really up to how big of a roster you're comfortable with.

I have a question. I mentioned to someone about trading Dr D David Shultz and they replied "No, he only has 25 matches or so left in his career" and this just one example of this sort of thing. Why do we stick to that sort of thing from "real life"? Wouldn't our alternate reality change these "real life" situations? In this instance, if Shultz isn't in WWF in our world, he doesn't slap John Stossel and doesn't have the career consequences that go with it.

Just like the whole Saito/Patera going to prison situation. In our world they weren't in a territory together so in theory that scenario would have never happened.

Not trying to spark a debate just trying to get the logic when in one aspect it's ok to push people WAY before they are ready, give people gimmicks five or six years before they did them in real life but we follow real life scenarios that would obviously change drastically based on how they are being used in our world. Again, not bringing this up to change anything or cause debate...just looking to understand it.

I think it's Up For Debate and something that could be definitely changed. I would love to have an alternate reality where Gino Hernandez doesn't die in 3 months. That's kind of why I picked up at area just to hold on to him that when he got out of prison and I could utilize him. I think that if we have enough people that agree to maybe change the instances outside of death for inactive, I'd be cool with doing that.

I think we have rules about these things just to keep some sort of consistency. For me it seemed to come up with the debate about death. It seemed that there were 3 paths suggested at the beginning of the game : 1) nobody dies (David Von Erich as world champion in 1987 ... creepy) , 2) deaths by some sort of random selection (sorry, buddy, Ric Flair just died ... also creepy) , or 3) death happens as it did in the real world (by sheer coincidence, David Von Erich is not locked into a big match at the time he dies ... weird, but workable). In the end, the decision was made : dead is dead and retired is retired. If it helps, think of it on the Final Destination principal : the wrestler might escape this particular death or retirement or catastrophe in this timeline, but ultimately, it will find them :)

As far as pushes and angles, it seems to be a matter of particular taste. Part of the fun of it, for me, is using as the unvarnished, raw talent they are in some cases. I certainly know I have been one guilty of giving people gimmicks or pushes ahead of their real life status, but I try to keep it clear they are doing it as rookies, and pair them with more experienced hands for guidance. That is one of the reasons I have been shy about having a singles match with Scott Hall and Dan Spivey, even though the angle seems to be heading that way. In 1985, that would have been a pretty rough match.

I think the major question out there is this...

Death is death and we keep that...

Other issues like prison, Dave Schultz beating up dudes, hiatus from working... do we want to throw those out? Some instances I can think of are John Studd in late 86 going away for a while, Piper leaving after Mania 3. I am sure there are others but I am willing to throw these things aside and let us have more of a free reign on individuals outside of if they die.