Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is two years ago I was sitting in Majorca piecing together my first Southeastern roster, good work on lasting two years.

I'm currently in Tenerife but have a few days at home before I get back to work, so will have everything caught up by then, thanks for your patience lads...

Hey guys, and looking at the rosters I had sort of a thought that I wanted to throw out there and see what people thought. Right now we have the jobber / enhancement packs and I wanted to see if we could possibly toy with the idea of making those packs purely enhancement Talent which means there's a chance that they could win but more less they are just there as enhancement people. To add on to that we could use randomly-generated jobbers that don't have real names rather they are just randomly thought up or generated on your own opinion to use for squash matches. As I'm watching 1985 and 1986 WWF and NWA programming I'm seeing a lot of guys who are Star Wars but I'm also seeing a lot of guys were random as hell just coming in and out. I was going to see what you guys thought about utilizing that and then also having those guys who are enhancements possibly be there for better matches and the ever so opportunity to maybe get a win. I think of like an SD Jones who right now is completely regulated to jobber matches and getting squashed when I could use him as an enhancement on a lower level opportunity to get over a little bit and then when he loses to Greg Valentine on Superstars that means a little bit more rather than him just getting his ass beat every week. What do you guys think of this? Is this something we could try? It isn't really a big change it is rather just you now have the opportunity to use random names as jobbers and you can use some of those enhancement talents to put them over. I know for me I would probably get rid of couple of those guys that I have on my roster and utilize them in different ways since I could use them as enhancements rather than just using them to get squashed.

I like this idea, mainly because for us smaller promotions, it gives a bit more flexibility at the bottom of the pile so that the same names aren't jobbing over and over again. We could rotate FAs in and out on our own to avoid having that, but then I'm spending way more time doing roster management of jobbers than I'd prefer.

I got no problem with this option. Personally, I only use my jobbers sporadically, even on TV and by using MACW & SMW talents on my house shows so it doesn't bother me at all.

But about the randomly created jobbers used on one-off, would they count as a roster spot in an enhancement pack?

The randomly created jobbers would not count against your roster cap at all. In reality I would drop some of my guys and move them into roster spots say I would drop a job or pack with guys that I'm not using as just jobbers and then I would move a Barry Horowitz to a raw sore spot I move in SD Jones to a roster spot so that I could have them win on a dark match or a small match on a television and then they would be enhancement talents. Now I would still keep some job or packs for guys who are more than likely going to lose all the time but they would be used as enhancement packs much like a conquistadors pack like I have or something along those lines

That will be up to you. If they are still going to primarily lose with no chance of winning then they should stay in a pack like originally developed however if you have an enhancement talent that maybe we'll become a jobber to the Stars I would suggest that they have their own spot. I'm going to do some roster moves of my own that will put SD Jones in a regular spot by himself while all the Rivera's will all stay in a pack because they will be losing under multiple different gimmicks