Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

So Bruce Tharpe tweeted this earlier:

NEW CONTENT from NWA Promotions coming to http://NWAClassics.com ? Can it get any better? MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT soon!

This is pretty cool. I think this will only help them grow the service as it might get some subscriptions from people who are more interested in current indies than classic wrestling. It's also a good way to try and get people watching the classics stuff to follow a current NWA promotion and maybe buy a ticket and go see one if it's in their area.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW CONTENT from NWA Promotions coming to http://NWAClassics.com ? Can it get any better? MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT soon!

This is pretty cool. I think this will only help them grow the service as it might get some subscriptions from people who are more interested in current indies than classic wrestling. It's also a good way to try and get people watching the classics stuff to follow a current NWA promotion and maybe buy a ticket and go see one if it's in their area.

I'll be a little bummed if that means we don't get a classic update every day though.

I'll be a little bummed if that means we don't get a classic update every day though.

Why is THAT the first thing your mind immediately jumps to? We've already gotten more content than was promised before the launch there's no real reason to suspect that's what would happen. Turn down your negative nancy tendencies please.

Why is THAT the first thing your mind immediately jumps to? We've already gotten more content than was promised before the launch there's no real reason to suspect that's what would happen. Turn down your negative nancy tendencies please.

Because even more than "Getting to watch great old matches" and "getting to watch old matches no one have seen in 30 years" (which are different things by far), the thing I'm enjoying so much about this thing is "getting to check twitter on the way home to see what the new match posted today is" and the idea it might be something like a RnR vs Midnights that we've never had before or Bock vs Dusty or some sort of crazy Lothario brawl we've never seen before.

Like I said, it's that same sweet spot that comes with opening a pack of baseball cards as a kid or gambling, I assume. I've gotten more enjoyment out of that feeling than anything else in wrestling this year, I think. It gives me something to help me get through work every day. Even if the match is a dub, it gets us one step closer to some of the better matches on that specific card. Sometimes, it lets us know they have a card in general.

So yeah, that's where my mind will go first. I get that we've gotten more than we were originally promised, but something that we weren't promised but that they gave us anyway is why I'm loving the service anyway.

Obviously, in the LONG RUN, anything that gets them more subscribers is a good thing, because if this thing tanks next month, we might never see some of the matches I really want to see the most, even if it means I lose what I'm enjoying the most now.

I am the world's biggest Stan the Man Stasiak fan. I loved him in Portland as a grumpy old babyface and a grumpier dick heel. He was an awesome foil for Buddy Rose who could play absolute chickenshit for the heart punch and I dig him a lot more than Dutch Savage as the sort of Old Man Standing in the territory. He was just as great against young whippersnapper babyfaces, just being a total crotchety jerk to them.

The Andre match is a lot of fun. I love how he goes for the heart punch multiple times, because you sort of buy it as the only thing that could stop Andre, and the punch that Andre gives after he stops it the first two times is one of the coolest things I've ever seen Andre do. Add in a bunch of good comedy and this just colossal selling job that keeps everyone's heat and builds to a potential brass knucks match if they wanted to do that and some real righteous fury at the end and it's a very fun 8 or so minutes. I just wish there was more of it.

Stasiak is super underrated.

The Bunkhouse Brawl was fun but a huge mess too with guys coming in and out of the ring and no real sense of being able to follow the story. It was lots of fun though. My favorite part was Dick Slater's totally dickish expression after he jabbed Doc with the stick between the slots in the football helmet after Doc had been running around invincible no selling chair shots the whole match. It was a moment that ultimately didn't matter at all though.

I loved the midget match. Just a super fun bout.

I usually hate Tommy Gilbert as a referee but he was good in this one. The spot where he dumped Little Tokyo after catching him had me laughing my ass off. I don't know for sure if Bruce Tharpe uploaded this specifically because I asked if he had any midget matches to upload, but if he did I'm definitely glad I asked.

EDIT: I just watched Andre vs. Stan Stasiak and thought it was pretty darn good. I hope we keep getting a steady stream of Andre matches because all 3 of the matches we've gotten so far completely go against the whole "Andre was never any good" thing that pops up every now and then.

The post match of Hart vs Lewin was sort of fun but the match really wasn't much. Neither lives up to the expectation.

The Keamuka match is just five minutes and you don't get to see much, if any, of Gunkel, which I was kind of disappointed in. It's worth it to listen to Boesch try to figure out what the hell is going on though. Lisowski looked pretty fiery.

I enjoyed Gary Hart getting painted yellow but yea that match kind of stunk. I wasn't expecting to see Don Diamond though so that was a bit of a highlight for me.

I also watched the newest upload of Guerreros vs. Jose Lothario & Terry Taylor. This was a bit disappointing in how short it was and also the camera work was pretty shitty as we miss a whole bunch of stuff with The Guerreros bumping all over the place for Jose. The finish was pretty good though and I really can't complain about more Guerreros tags showing up because they are such a great team.

Bruce Tharpe did an interview here: and I thought I'd just post this excerpt for people waiting on the Roku App

EM: I also heard you were doing tests with Roku. Any updates about that and when this service will be available on Roku?

RBT: It's going to be happening real soon. Let me tell you what the deal is. The way WWE did their network is they tested, developed it for about a year. Then they took six months testing before they launched it. So they had all these things developed and done. They had that luxury. This concept went from inception to reality in about four months. It's just basically me and a couple of other guys that are doing it. We don't have the WWE huge corporate machine (behind us). It really is a blessing we didn't have as many problems as we did.

I thought BJH vs Kamala was as good as it could have been for an 8 minute match with 5 minutes of that being a nerve hold. BJH sold well. Kamala looked great in everything but variation of holds. He was really playing up the savvy savage well, which is way better than the stupid savage or the afraid savage. BJH's offense was pretty goofy but that didn't really hurt the match. They worked the under arm nerve hold and all but it was an underarm nerve hold. Low ceiling.

I really liked Ladd vs Armstrong as a five minute match though. Brad's comeback was great. It was a good sprint with a decent amount of heat. At the same time, five minute match.

I have absolutely nothing to say about Rip Oliver vs I-Forget-Who-Rip-Oliver-Was-Wrestling. According to the list Dave posted last week, we only have King Parsons vs Jack Victory left before we venture back out into the unknown.

Guerreros vs Fabs in a cage was very, very good.

How good?

It's good enough that people should take a break from the youtube channel to watch it.

Fab's were the heels and it's a bloody, heated affair with call backs and a very solid finish. Only 10 mins or so but gritty and action packed.

• Loss unpinned this topic