Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

I'll say watching the 1984 Butch Reed so far here , combined with stuff from the Mid-South set he has a real case for most outstanding or Wrestler of the year.

I vaguely recall him getting Observer WOTY in 1984? Maybe it was earlier. I know he was thought of really highly at the time.

I'll look into that one. He might have been a top 10 guy though.

It was Flair.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Gordman vs Jose Lothario was awesome. A total Jerry Lawler vs Bill Dundee 1998 vibe from me. My thoughts are here.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31603-jose-lothario-vs-black-gordman-11384/

You are making me want to watch this more than Matt D made me want to watch Tito/Butch Reed. I saw that when it got uploaded and thought "I don't know....1984 is kind of late for those dudes but it could be pretty good" and now I am definitely going to be checking it out later.

That match put me to sleep when I tried to watch it a few weeks ago, I think it's about 20 minutes long. I can appreciate a nice mid-card match but it needs to be shorter along the lines of Pat Rose/Mark Reagan or Murdoch/Perez both of which I enjoyed a lot although there was nothing outstanding about them.

Well, Buddy vs Lothario is the best 2:30 minute match you'll see this week. I like how the early missed roundhouse led to Buddy taking over and then there was a call back for the finish but if the new match announced each night is like opening a set of baseball cards, then I think our pack was missing a few tonight.

I liked the Buddy/Madril match but Madril doing the ol "tap the guy on the back to make him think the ref is telling him he won" spot was really stupid. Buddy Landell was so great in that match though.

EDIT: Just watched Buddy/Jose and liked it despite how short it was. I really dug that missed overhand followed by the uppercut that landed at the end from Jose.

Good thing it's not like opening up a set of baseball cards and it's just a service that's putting out wrestling matches regularly. Although, someone tell Tharpe a subscription should come with a stick of gum that you could shank a motherfucker with.

I know what I'd do with mine. You're catching a match now and again between drunk podcast appearances, Hulu Raw, and being in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum so you're not experiencing it every day but the anticipation to see what the new match will be is worth half the price of admission. It hits that surprise "kid opening a pack of cards" sweet spot.

• Loss unpinned this topic