88 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, Wrestlemania 31
    • Sasha Banks vs. Bayley, NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that would necessarily be better; it's got a bit of a Mania 16 smell to it, which I'd argue is a bad thing. But more importantly, we all know that's just not how the WWE does things. They typically don't like long-term stables, they don't tend to reunite teams after they've broken up and turned on each other; and, most damningly for the Shield, they almost never allow a top heel stable to possess the world championship unless HHH or a McMahon is the head of said stable. In a perfect world they could just book the Shield as if they were the prime-era Horsemen or the circa-1996 NWO, but sadly they just won't do that. Within the narrow parameters of their booking style, among their self-limited choices of what they could do in that particular situation, I still think having Seth cash in the briefcase was the right call.

I didn't like it then and like it even less now because the follow up was a title reign by Seth Rollins that I didn't like and where they totally over exposed him. Plus there was zero real follow up on the Roman Reigns thing except for a bunch of pointless Reigns/Ambrose vs. Kane/Rollins tag matches. I didn't think it was good booking I thought it was cowardice. If they weren't going to pull the trigger on Roman they shouldn't have put him in the position to begin with.

To me it was an even worse finish to Mania than the terrible decision to turn Austin heel at X-7 although without the disastrous business drop off that followed.

I went into Brock/Roman thinking it was 50/50 on who was winning. Sasha/Bayley was 100% obvious who was going to win, and they still had everyone in the palm of their hands for the finishing stretch. I think that's the biggest feather in the cap for the match because there was no way in hell Bayley could lose that match with the other 3 getting called up.

If you book yourself into a corner, then you might not be a good booker.

Statement of the fucking century, I love how many times you hear people say "they were booked into a corner" like it's an excuse. When someone has booked themself into a corner why is it then acceptable that their plan to get out of a bad situation that was created by bad booking to be MORE BAD BOOKING!