Pro Wrestling Only

Home Stretch

Grimmas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother? Most of them are small-timer local workers whom I've known personally that nobody else has ever heard of, some of whom might not even have enough matches online to rate. And the rest of it runs into "trying to justify why I'm so fond of Daffney, and Sakura Hirota" sort of territory, which is a tough argument to make beyond resorting to plain old they-entertain-me-and-make-me-laugh-a-lot vagueness.

Daffney once did the impossible and actually entertained me during one of those fuckin' creepy empty-room "custom" matches; I've refereed a few of those and absolutely hate them, they're the most unnatural and awkward things you can possibly do. But she saved this one by basically treating the entire thing as a parody of itself and being a never-ending chatterbox of hilariously cheesy lines. ("No, don't give me a hip toss!!!" she shrieks... a solid five seconds before said hiptoss is applied.) For me, yeah, managing to make a silk purse out of THAT level of nasty rotten sow's ear is worth a vote.

Daffney once did the impossible and actually entertained me during one of those fuckin' creepy empty-room "custom" matches; I've refereed a few of those and absolutely hate them, they're the most unnatural and awkward things you can possibly do. But she saved this one by basically treating the entire thing as a parody of itself and being a never-ending chatterbox of hilariously cheesy lines. ("No, don't give me a hip toss!!!" she shrieks... a solid five seconds before said hiptoss is applied.) For me, yeah, managing to make a silk purse out of THAT level of nasty rotten sow's ear is worth a vote.

Top 100 wrestlers in the history of the world?

Heck Al Snow entertained me in the Kennel from Hell match, should I vote for him?

If he entertained you that much and it wasn't by you laughing at how bad he was, then yes.

That's a high bar to become one of the 100 greatest wrestlers ever.

One entertaining performance in a shitty situation should not be even close to enough.

One entertaining performance in a shitty situation should not be even close to enough.

Oh, that's far from the only time I was thoroughly amused by her enlivening a cold-dead-corpse of a situation. When I first saw her at a WCW house show, she was working way harder as a manager than most of the then-indifferent wrestlers were even trying to do in the ring, and I've seen her succeed in various other situations where nobody had any business being any good at all (remember Nise Sarah Palin in TNA?). The empty-room bullshit just came immediately to mind first because it was such a clear example, since I've been there and done that and it's damn near impossible for that stuff to ever be anything but an embarrassing clusterfuck.

Oh, that's far from the only time I was thoroughly amused by her enlivening a cold-dead-corpse of a situation. When I first saw her at a WCW house show, she was working way harder as a manager than most of the then-indifferent wrestlers were even trying to do in the ring, and I've seen her succeed in various other situations where nobody had any business being any good at all (remember Nise Sarah Palin in TNA?). The empty-room bullshit just came immediately to mind first because it was such a clear example, since I've been there and done that and it's damn near impossible for that stuff to ever be anything but an embarrassing clusterfuck.

A great character, ok. Is she a better wrestler than Ricky Steamboat? Little Guido? Earthquake? Triple H? Taz?

Where does she rank as a worker? What are her strengths as a wrestler? We are talking about the 100 best wrestlers of all-time, make a case for her. None of what you are saying is anything more than enjoying a manager/wrestler who made the most out of shit. Is Prince Nana on your list?

A great character, ok. Is she a better wrestler than Ricky Steamboat? Little Guido? Earthquake? Triple H? Taz?

Where does she rank as a worker? What are her strengths as a wrestler? We are talking about the 100 best wrestlers of all-time, make a case for her. None of what you are saying is anything more than enjoying a manager/wrestler who made the most out of shit. Is Prince Nana on your list?

She...she is literally not nominated so I'm not sure why you are pressuring anyone into a discussion.

She...she is literally not nominated so I'm not sure why you are pressuring anyone into a discussion.

Ok. Jingus, review three of her matches and nominate her.

I want to make my stance clear once. If there are people who will vote, want to vote, or are thinking about voting and are considering wrestlers that haven't been nominated please nominate them. Don't let a couple of match reviews set you back. Don't even let the fear of people overreacting to your nominee stop you. I don't give a fuck if Kofi Kingston, Buck Zumhofe, Torrie Wilson, or Logan Alvey are nominated. I don't want to read back handed posts about people claiming they would have voted if so and so had been nominated or any other excuse.