Pro Wrestling Only

What U.S. guys are you ranking based on their work this decade?

Loss

Bryan's in, and his peak WWE stuff is in some ways his best work, but he's there as much for being the best indie worker of the prior decade.

If there were any justice in this world, Cesaro would make my list on the strength of 2009-present (2012 on in particular). He may be the best overall worker of the last five years if judged by performances on tape. To deny him a spot when he's been that good for that long seems crazy. He may make it, but I have to figure out how to contextualize present-day wrestling with the best of the past. I have him at #102 right now.

Brock's not on my list despite having two of the best WWE matches ever. Cena by all rights should be on my list, but I always ranked him as a #90-100 guy and he's fallen off in favor of others.

By "this decade" do you mean the 2010s?

There are a bunch of guys who have done case-relevant work in the 10s, but I'm trying to think of guys I might not have otherwise ranked - or certainly wouldn't rank as high as I will - without their work from 2010-present:

Brock, Bryan, Punk, Henry, Sheamus, Zayn, Cesaro, Goldust, Ibushi.

Sheamus is a guy, I mean he debuted in WWE in late 2009, so I think he's the only guy on my list who's career is almost entirely in the 2010s.

Cena's last year hurts him but he'll still be on my list. Bryan will be on my list. Cesaro will be on my list. Sheamus will be on my list. Dustin is helped by his last run. Punk will be on my list. Christian had some good stuff when he actually got to work. That is close to it, I think. Joe might sneak on and this last year doesn't hurt. Low Ki just had that great match with Rey last year but i don't know. Brock isn't making my list, certainly not on the strength of the last few years.

Brock's the only guy whose recent work definitely shoves him way up the list, when I probably wouldn't have picked him at all for just his 2002-04 run. Guys like Cesaro and Punk were definitely helped, but would have still been somewhere on the card anyway. I guess Sheamus would technically count, but it seems contrary to the spirit of the thread to name anyone whose work I haven't seen prior to the period of time under discussion.

The only person making my list solely on 2010- footage is Sheamus. That said, there's a number of guys who wouldn't make my list solely on 2010s footage, but probably wouldn't make the list on pre-2010 footage either; guys where the combined eras get them included: Christian, Orton, Henry, Hero. Finally, there's guys like Danielson, Styles and Cena who would place, but lower, without the 2010's footage.

Kyle O'Reilly, Cesaro, Randy Orton, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Brock Lesnar and Ricochet are likely to make my list and wouldn't be without their work this decade. Same goes for Young Bucks on my tag team list.

John Cena, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Chris Hero, Christopher Daniels and Low Ki are all helped by work this decade and all of them except Daniels are basically locks for my list.

• 4 weeks later...