Pro Wrestling Only

Premier Podcast Brand #1 - PWO's Greatest Wrestler Ever 100-51

rave.jpg

The Premier Podcast Brand (Kris Zellner & Dylan Hales) are here to discuss 100-51 on their Greatest Wrestler Ever list on the Pro Wrestling Only Message Board on prowrestlingonly.com

We discuss some of our personal favorites plus debate the placements on each others list as well as the reasoning why we left off vertain people. We have quite the wide variety of picks here and is a nice appetizer to the main event that will be our next show.

http://placetobenation.com/premier-podcast-brand-1-pwos-greatest-wrestler-ever-100-51/

Oh for fuck's sake, it's 4am, I was just getting to sleep, and now the pull ... Oh my god the pull ...

Will I end up driving to McDonalds soon listening and then keep going after I come back till I pass out?

Temptation is huge right now.

It's a long one......

Listened to this yesterday and thought it was not only tremendous as a show, but that it actually enhanced my experience of the project. In laying out the various reasons for why people are/aren't on their lists, there's this very cool vibe of empathy through the whole thing wherein you get a sense of "favorites" who don't make the cut, why some are personal picks, others are on thanks to a shorter run, others for consistency, others still for their great ability to play their character/role. It kind of put into perspective that my own list contains a mix of different people for very different reasons, rather than holding all to the same standards.

Strong recommendation that people check this out, along with the excellent Charles/Childs and the Grimmas/Tim shows (those being the only other ones I've had a chance to hear yet).

Those five hours felt like a breeze compared to Charles and I going Broadway. Seriously though, I enjoyed the show greatly. Your bottom 50s were both chock full of wrestlers I wished I could've voted for, and a lot of the discussions of individual guys echoed our conversations about the same workers. Hoping part 2 drops this week.

I'm actually shocked by how fired up I still was by the time we got to the end of the show. I admit that there was probably a bit more of the combative "old" Dylan on this show than on episode one, but it largely came through when I was talking up certain guys.

Thanks everyone for listening to Part 1 and I hope you continue the LONG journey with us through part 2.

I specifically mention it here because I could hear your criticisms from the future :)

My combativeness was really in the form of advocacy. I don't think there was anyone who I didn't praise. That said when you get to some guys you controversially have higher than most or lower than most in order to make the arguments you kind of have to address the other arguments. I don't think I was unfair to anyone though, and was probably TOO fair in at least one case :)

Concerned by this podcasting arms race.

Good choice of expression there. I love these GWE podcasts, but there are not enough hours in the day to listen to them all. My eyes bug out when I look at the running times of these episodes. I got behind in my PWO podcast listening when I went on a three-week trip last summer. It took me four months to clear through the backlog!

The Parejas Increibles 90 minute sprints are your friend!

Also just finished this episode and it was another super fun listen. I popped hard for the finish.

I have compliments on the way for Parejas Increibles, have no fear!

I liked the finish too. While Jumbo could never be less than a Top 5 guy for me, I think Dylan's placement seemed like a good spot for Tsuruta given Dylan's conflicted feelings about him.

I'm curious to see how things shake out for the rest of the list.