Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test would be very dumb to go back, with all the shots he's taken at HHH and Johnny Ace publicly. Matt Hardy would seem like someone management loved by comparison. They'd find new ways to humiliate him, *especially* if he's on Smackdown and has to deal with JBL, Taker and Benoit backstage.

If TNA wanted to really play some funny jokes, they should put out fake rumors that they want to sign Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell, Sean Waltman and Lex Luger.

There's been talk of bringing back Waltman and Luger. Nash is still under contract. Hall has been there, more than once in the past. Of that list, only Bagwell is really a longshot to show up again on TNA TV.

Guest savagerulz

Another former WWE star may be returning to World Wrestling Entertainment. That former WWE star is none other than Henry O. Godwin, the mid-90's wrestler with the pig farmer gimmick. He is currently training in Ohio Valley Wrestling in hopes of returning to WWE. Mark Canterbury recently turned 42 years old. He was forced to retire in 1998 due to a neck injury. Henry O. Godwin could be the latest wrestler in a long line of wrestlers to recently return to WWE including Shannon Moore, Chuck Palumbo, Goldust, Tatanka, Jamie Noble, Jamal, Matt Hardy, Animal, Charlie Haas and possibly Test.

have to love this one:

Performers Mark Jindrak, Henry Godwin, Chuck Palumbo, and Andrew "Test" Martin are being offered contracts to come back due to their size. With the WWE Wellness program now in effect, WWE expects the performers to get smaller as they cycle off whatever they are on, so they are trying to bring back some more naturally tall and big talent.

PWI

After watching SD tonight I have to say Vince's ego has reached new heights when they had Melina tease that she was going to masturbate to pictures of Vince in Muscle and Fitness. Because as we all know hot young chics pleasure themselves to pictures of orange 60 year old men

Guest savagerulz

After seeing Scott Steiner's promo on impact this week, I can actually see an upside to the company hiring him...just as long as they keep him the hell out of matches. He may be in horrible shape (I think he has the most hideous body in wrestling, even worse than that of fat wrestlers), but he can still cut a pretty good heel promo.

Unfortunately, his heel voice (or is that just his normal shouting voice?) is still irritatingly grating. The only person with a worse heel voice than Scott Steiner is Hulk Hogan. I couldn't stand his nWo promos that would start with "EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT HOLLYWOOD IS THE MAN..." or something similar to that, followed by some other boring shit about how he's so great and how much his opponents suck, with some "brothers" thrown in. Pretty much the same shit Hunter does (without the "brothers"), but surrounded by about 10 to 15 wrestlers standing there looking stupid, while a guy that most of them are more talented than praises himself.

Yep. Norton, Nash, Vincent, Bischoff, Liz, Bagwell and The Giant. All of them more talented than Hogan.

Hall, Savage and Syxx were the only NWO guys that really could be argued as having more talent than Hogan. Savage and Syxx are obvious, Hall isn't.

I do think it's great that you can't see that Hogan was playing a heel and you weren't supposed to like him, though.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I just dropped by 411 for the first time in ages. Holy hell. I know their quality of writing wasn't good (hence why I hadn't been there in ages), but some of this stuff is embarrassing.

Take this Larry Csonka chap, for instance. First, he takes the oh-so-novel concept of recapping the Wrestlemanias leading up to WM 22. Partial credit for coming up with a new format, but the content's so bad. I like a casual style, but this guy's writing is so casual that it's not even on par with most messageboard posts.

The wackiness continues, as one of the matches on disc 2 is Superstar Billy Graham vs Abdullah the Butcher.

I have to say, 1985 Superstar looks and moves scarily similar to 2002/3 Hulk Hogan. The tie dyed tights only cement the similarities.

The only person with a worse heel voice than Scott Steiner is Hulk Hogan. I couldn't stand his nWo promos that would start with "EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT HOLLYWOOD IS THE MAN..." or something similar to that, followed by some other boring shit about how he's so great and how much his opponents suck, with some "brothers" thrown in. Pretty much the same shit Hunter does (without the "brothers"), but surrounded by about 10 to 15 wrestlers standing there looking stupid, while a guy that most of them are more talented than praises himself.

Completely different. When confronted by who Hogan was talking about he'd usually run like a giant pussy unless the nWo jumped them. Where HHH stands up there and either never gets challenged or he doesn't act scared at all. Hogan in the nWo was one of the best heels every seen in wrestling while HHH is actually booked like a super face.

At least until about 1998, when they had overexposed him to a point where he was no longer effective, and he seemed really out of style when you had Steve Austin on the other channel.

But yeah, Hogan's interviews in his feuds with Roddy Piper and Sting are really great.

Plus Hogan had places in near riots when he'd lose the title to someone. Look at the reactions when he lost to Luger, Sting and Goldberg compared to anything HHH wise.

The difference between Hogan and HHH as heels. People paid to see Hogan get beat. HHH garners a collective nothing from fans.

Yep. Norton, Nash, Vincent, Bischoff, Liz, Bagwell and The Giant. All of them more talented than Hogan.

Hall, Savage and Syxx were the only NWO guys that really could be argued as having more talent than Hogan. Savage and Syxx are obvious, Hall isn't.

I do think it's great that you can't see that Hogan was playing a heel and you weren't supposed to like him, though.

Norton was better than Hogan. Man, Norton's got to be the most underrated wrestler of all time. It's criminal how people talk about him. I'll never understand why people are so hard on him.

WP -- Watches almost every Scott Norton match he has on tape and enjoys them a good deal. And it's just not because of the "over the top" music either.