Pro Wrestling Only

How DARE he?

Loss

Those familiar with life behind-the-scenes at WWE SmackDown! know the value placed on lockerroom etiquette.

Apparently, one of the indy wrestlers working the show last night was not one of those people.

According to PWInsider.com, the wrestler was kicked out of the lockerroom after moving Theodore Long's belongings and attempting to take his seat.

No details have been made available on the wrestler's identity.

Credit: PWInsider.com

It's far, far, far too easy to get heat in wrestling. Just a reminder of why I'll never try to get into it.

Guest Cam Chaos

He moved his stuff to sit down and got in trouble for it? What the fuck is that about? God knows what have happened if he'd hung it up on a clothes hook instead.

see, I'm not saying I agree with this stuff, but it is very common in sports and in any kind of fraternity or group. Several sports teams have kangaroo courts. Rookies are made to dress up as women and carry barbie back packs through airports or to the bullpen. It's a very insular idea that people on the outside just don't understand. The wrestlers repsect the hell out of Long and in their minds he was disrespected. I just don't think people on the periphery can understand

I would probably label this as a topic that does not deserve its own thread since it is just another silly example of how petty the WWF locker room isI used to love hearing the reports of how screwed-up the WCW locker room was (and it was) and how the WWF locker room was one big team. Man, how times have changed.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Wouldn't this be a case for the WWE locker room being one big team? I know the indy worker might feel like shit, but Teddy probably feels all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that other wrestlers would take care of him like that.

I used to love hearing the reports of how screwed-up the WCW locker room was (and it was) and how the WWF locker room was one big team.

Funny how it always seems when business is doing great, the lockeroom is close and when business is tanking, everyone is at each other's throat. You didn't hear a peep about Hogan in the 80s because he was making people millions. As soon as business started to slip in the early 90s, all of a sudden all the stories of Hogan's politicking came out. Same with Hunter for the most part.

That's because regardless if someone is being selfish, if everyone is making money, it's not hurting anyone, so there's no reason to protest it. When those payoffs start shrinking and more releases start happening, you start creating questions and the wrestlers want answers, so the finger pointing starts.

yeah that's my point. Money heals all wounds. Playing politics is playing politics. Being selfish is being selfish. From an idealistic standpoint, it shouldn't matter how business is doing, but it does. It's not some sort of altruistic campaign, it's about making money. In the end when the people getting burned get in power they will just repeat the cycle.

I don't know how to feel about this. Obviously, it's petty. That pretty much goes without saying. Still, maybe there's more to the story? Perhaps the indy guy had already done a couple little things that irked people. Rubbed a couple of the "boys" the wrong way or something. This was just a "reason" to exile him from the locker room. I don't know.

What I'm curious about is, how does PWInsider get "news" like this? Furthermore, why do they see fit to publish it? Am I supposed to believe that they have an inside source, like a wrestler, and they call/e-mail PWI saying "yeah, this dude got kicked out the locker room for moving clothes."

It's just fucking stupid. Who cares!? He shouldn't have fucked with someone's shit. He shouldn't have got heat for it if he just moved it. Maybe he threw it on the floor or something?

I could almost understand it if it was a wrestler, but getting heat for moving Teddy Long's shit? Come on.

But as long as guys like JBL and Holly are allowed to basically assault people and not face any consequences, it's going to continue. If you never tell a dog not to bite someone, there's going to be a lot of bitten asses.

I actually agree with what was done here. You can't let the rookies get a bid head. They've got to know their place and if they don't things like this can possibly grow and grow and than you got a problem. Getting kicked out of the lockerroom is taking it too far in my book but there's no way a rookie should be moving Teddy Long's belongings. That's disrespectful

I agree as well. There are certain hierarchies that exist in professional sports, and they have been around for hundreds of years. The established guys make it difficult for the rookies. Some take it too far. But this is something that's a part of wrestling. Let them take care of it in house. It's not a big deal.

Shit like this is proof that the world would be a better place if it were run entirely by women. Women wouldn't (and don't) pull this hazing/earn your stripes bullshit.

Yep, I totally agree. Instead, they, as world leaders, will seemingly work out agreements, then find a way to lie and stab each other in the back. (Sorry, I'm still bitter right now.)

Women aren't perfect either. In fact, a lot of their faults can almost equal in value to that of men. I hate hazing myself, but let's not kid ourselves.

(I can't believe I directed that post to LOSS of all people!)

Guest bravesfan

Shit like this is proof that the world would be a better place if it were run entirely by women. Women wouldn't (and don't) pull this hazing/earn your stripes bullshit.

E: "Why do they call it a wedgie?"

G: "Because the underwear is pulled up from the back until... it wedges in."

J: "They also have an Atomic Wedgie. Now the goal there is to actually get the waistband on top of the head. It's very rare."

E: "Boys are sick."

G: "What do girls do?"

E: "We just tease someone until they develop an eating disorder."

Yeah, keep in mind that the creative dept. is currently run by a woman... a woman who told Molly Holly, one of the few skilled workers the Fed had, that she was too fat.

I completely disagree with you. Women are just as bad if not worse than men. While men do the stupid shit like hazing women will hold grudges forever and pick at each other over petty bullshit nonstop.

Yeah, keep in mind that the creative dept. is currently run by a woman... a woman who told Molly Holly, one of the few skilled workers the Fed had, that she was too fat.
She said the same thing to Nidia also. However they didn't make a storyline out of it, they just buried Nidia and Noble.

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

J: "They also have an Atomic Wedgie. Now the goal there is to actually get the waistband on top of the head. It's very rare."

I recognise that... Where's it from?

I recognise that... Where's it from?
Seinfeld.