Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Clash of the Champions

Coffey

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little surprised that TJ Perkins won...

You really expected him to lose his first title defense?!

Match was kind of meh, disappointing by CWC standards, but I'm glad the feud is continuing.

By the WWE standards I kind of did. Kendrick was a proven star in the company for years. I am not sure Vince even knew of TJ Perkins until a month ago. Again the right man definitely won.

Christ this match has been brutal. Both guys are going to be sore as hell

Oh man that better not have been the actual planned finish. If so they are admitting that RAW is more important than this PPV

Sheamus vs. Cesaro

This started off the weakest of any match in the series. That did not last long. These two killed each other, and Cesaro even tried to kill himself on the grossest tope I've seen in some time. Great transitions once it got going, stiffness, selling, murder. Good stuff! The finish couldn't kill it even if that may have been the goal. Curious where they take the booking from here, as hopefully there's something planned other than simply going again tomorrow.

**** and would've been higher with a proper finish.

Zayn vs. Jericho

Rarely impressed by these two and tonight was no exception. Perhaps we're getting the Jericho face turn and title match with Owens at Survivor Series in Canada, which actually sounds promising as a one-off. Zayn seems to have a few spots in every match where he goofs in a manner that screams at you how planned everything is and this was no exception. Feel like he needs to be in whatever amounts to a blood feud in WWE these days rather than relying on flippy spots that don't seem his strong suit.

When an established guy successfully reinvents himself, it makes sense to give him a rub. I'm just hoping that the cheers for Y2J were an anomaly because this is a crowd where only the "smart" males are being loud. It's hard to not cheer how awesome Jerichos character is right now . But it should only be me and Wolfman while people want to kill us. 😄

Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Bayley

Maybe I'm crazy and will regret this tomorrow, but I absolutely loved that, probably as much as Sheamus/Cesaro even if completely different. How are these multi-women matches always laid out so well? Never lacking creative transitions whether going from 2 to 3 or 3 to 2. Smartly weaving in spots and storytelling. Why can't they do that with the guys? For my money, Charlotte is far & away the best heel in the company. That's not a knock on anyone else, she is just that great. Promos, presence, little facials and mannerisms in the match. Very much the glue in these matches.

**** for now :)

Fun match with some good ideas. I didn't mind it so much but think the sloppiness lost the crowd some. Some timing issues with Bayley looking desperately for Sasha at the finish. Surprised the moonsault didn't get more of a reaction. The only part I thought looked really bad was Sasha's Jerry Springer slaps to Charlotte. She needs her "torture offense" back.

Women's match was absurd. Charlotte was the heel in that situation. Moreover, she was going over. And on top of that, she had Dana out there. They had her no sell all sorts of things, like the Bayley to Belly, or recover super quickly from a long Bank Statement with no ill effects. They had her outwrestle Bayley and Sasha in almost every 2 on 1 situation. It wasn't miscommunication from the faces or Dana interfering (She interfered what, twice in the whole match?) It was the heel outwrestling the babyfaces against the odds. It was brutal and blatant. Just totally backwards. Dana should have been evening the odds at every point or Bayley and Sasha should have been tripping over each other as they realized that they wanted to win. Etc. Instead it was Charlotte just being a superior wrestler than the other two, even the two combined. I was gawking every other minute in that match when they had Charlotte look way too strong.

What's the opposite of a Political Hit?

Women's match was absurd. Charlotte was the heel in that situation. Moreover, she was going over. And on top of that, she had Dana out there. They had her no sell all sorts of things, like the Bayley to Belly, or recover super quickly from a long Bank Statement with no ill effects. They had her outwrestle Bayley and Sasha in almost every 2 on 1 situation. It wasn't miscommunication from the faces or Dana interfering (She interfered what, twice in the whole match?) It was the heel outwrestling the babyfaces against the odds. It was brutal and blatant. Just totally backwards. Dana should have been evening the odds at every point or Bayley and Sasha should have been tripping over each other as they realized that they wanted to win. Etc. Instead it was Charlotte just being a superior wrestler than the other two, even the two combined. I was gawking every other minute in that match when they had Charlotte look way too strong.

What's the opposite of a Political Hit?

Yuck.