Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Payback

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For allt eh complaining, and as much as I don't like Seth Rollins, this hasn't been a case of Seth being awful. This match has been pretty damned good to me. Mainly because I can buy Seth's offense off his leg so far, as it hasn't really gone into stupid territory to me.

I can buy the Falcon Arrow off a bad knee as a "Surge of Adrenaline" thing. Also, technically speaking, if your leg is bad, your better off kicking with that leg then the other, since your damaged leg as a base would be a terrible idea... I think at least? Just my logic on it.

Why is he doing kicks with his bad leg? Is Seth that much of an awful wrestler that he can't kick with the other leg?

I am not exactly a Rollins fan but that is bullshit and feels like a double standard. You rarely see people criticizing Kawada or Hashimoto for throwing kicks despite having their kicking leg damaged by their opponent or Misawa for throwing elbows with his injured arm or Fujiwara for busting out his headbutts even after he has been badly cut.

If the greats do it and get a free pass, why should a mediocre wrestler be put down for the same thing?

No way Joe should have won, and I'm glad he didn't. Seth, as cooled off as he's become, is still someone who is going to be a star for years to come. Joe is a utility player who is WAY past his prime and has yet to impress me in either his NXT or WWE runs. Truthfully, I wasn't impressed with him during his "epic" matches with Kurt Angle either. His ROH glory days, assuming those weren't overrated too and the inane shriekings of "THIS IS AWESOME!!!" ROH fanboys, is long past him.

I am not exactly a Rollins fan but that is bullshit and feels like a double standard. You rarely see people criticizing Kawada or Hashimoto for throwing kicks despite having their kicking leg damaged by their opponent or Misawa for throwing elbows with his injured arm or Fujiwara for busting out his headbutts even after he has been badly cut.

If the greats do it and get a free pass, why should a mediocre wrestler be put down for the same thing?

I am actually with you that there is a double standard, but I tend to be more fair. Seth DID show better selling in this match - look at my previous post -, even if I do have my dislikes about those sorts of kicks with the bad limb.

There were some matches were Hashimoto got worked for a ridiculous ammount of time and it had absolute zero consequence, it really didn't sit well with me just as much as it didn't here.

Why is he doing kicks with his bad leg? Is Seth that much of an awful wrestler that he can't kick with the other leg?

Its a smarky thing, people like to point it out to sound like they are more intelligent.

Its pro wrestling, WWF/WWE has never been about long term selling or believability in their matches.

The WWE fans who follow at the arena's, or at home don't care one fuck about it.

Anyone who watch's on here, who moans about selling should stop watching WWE and find something else to watch.

Its not going to change because of the cookie cutter nature of the company.

​