Pro Wrestling Only

Entrance Music

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, KinchStalker said:

It's "Zero To Sixty In Five" by Pablo Cruise. At least that's what they actually came out to, couldn't tell you what they dubbed over on the DVD releases.

It isn't the same song I heard, but it is way cooler, especially when it kicks into gear around the 1:45 mark. 

I dug around a few of the matches I have available around the same time and it seems IWE had a couple generic songs they overdubbed for entrances regardless of who was in the match. At least they always played the same song for the foreigners, and then sprinkled in a couple different ones for the Japanese guys.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:45 PM, Perfectly Straightedge said:

That didn’t age well. Lol

No. No it did not.

Now, has there been a recorded entrance of someone coming out to Don Felder's "Take a Ride (Heavy Metal)"? Seems like it would be a perfect entrance theme.

On 4/24/2023 at 7:27 PM, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Akira Hokuto using Oro Del Ley from Luis Miguel would be a weird choice, but it added so much to her character. 

That reminded me of Kaientai using Heroes del Silencio's Entre dos Tierras as their theme song. While a possible interpretation of the lyrics can be made to fit the group, it was certainly an off-the-wall choice. 

Still, a massive, massive banger.

54 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

That reminded me of Kaientai using Heroes del Silencio's Entre dos Tierras as their theme song. While a possible interpretation of the lyrics can be made to fit the group, it was certainly an off-the-wall choice. 

Still, a massive, massive banger.

I still listen to Entre dos Tierras, and it’s all because of Kaientai’s entrance at ECW Barely Legal.

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 9:27 PM, EricR said:

It's funny that a car crash is mentioned, as Austin's theme is nearly identical to Razor Ramon's theme. Same tempo, same beat, starts with squealing tires instead of breaking glass.

WWF The Music Vol. 2 features a weird official version of the Austin theme that starts with "You are completely pathetic!" before the glass shatters: 

There is some of Razor's bassline in Austin's theme, I can hear it. Another song that reminds me a lot of Razor's theme which could've inspired it was "Those Shoes" by The Eagles: 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:43 PM, KinchStalker said:

(Not wrestling, but Nippon TV used Ferguson's Star Trek theme cover for one of their most famous game shows, Trans America Ultra Quiz. See what I mean about production music?)

Off topic, but that is an awesome trumpet song, and there was an awesome cover of if by the British Marine Orchestra, which was used as the theme song for the recently finished awesome podcast series Hard for Picard from our own Johnny Sorrow and Pete reviewing Picard season 3 available on the PWOM podcast feed.

• 4 weeks later...

I marked out last night while watching a 1996 tag match between Rey Jr/Konnan and Jerry Estrada/Juvi in IWAS. Rey came out to "A Little Respect" by Erasure! :lol: 

I'm a big fan of Erasure and their other hits like "Chains of Love" and "Love to Hate You".  

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is my favorite theme, sets Maeda up as different animal. It stands out against the other njpw themes of the time which all sound more upbeat and funky. This however is madness, the very quiet guitar leading into the wild saxophone theme, then in the next section the frantic snare beat and the descending synth, the crowd chanting maeda as he busts through them. It gets my blood pumping is what im trying to say