Pro Wrestling Only

PWO 1988 - 1992 Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put together an initial draft board to work from... I have over 200 names on there.

Some teams I was thinking that may be troublesome for picks are like a Power and Glory. Yeah they had hype as a tag team but Hercules had a superior singles career before that tag team so they'd need to be separate. How about Tanaka and Kato? Are they a team or is it Tanaka and Diamond?

All interesting little things to consider.

https://www.gillmeister-software.com/online-tools/text/reverse-sort-list.aspx

Thank you to whomever created that tool.

Draft orders have been done... double check if you think I have made a mistake. Everything looked good to me but I am tired.

Draft started Monday morning @ 8am.

Keep up the fun conversation here if you'd like... I am sure everyone is keeping their cards close...

I will go on record and say 1992 is a WEIRD year for lot of guys... some great youngsters starting while older guard fading... lots of fun people to look into and pick from.

See, with Power & Glory, I feel like you should be able to draft a 1990 or 1991 version of them. Same with 1988 or 1989 version of The Twin Towers. If a team was together for over a year, that seems like a legit pick.

If that makes everything too muddled, that's fine, but that feels like a different situation than The Megapowers, Megabucks, Mega Maniacs, Jim Duggan & Nikolai Volkoff, The Enforcers, etc...

See, with Power & Glory, I feel like you should be able to draft a 1990 or 1991 version of them. Same with 1988 or 1989 version of The Twin Towers. If a team was together for over a year, that seems like a legit pick.

If that makes everything too muddled, that's fine, but that feels like a different situation than The Megapowers, Megabucks, Mega Maniacs, Jim Duggan & Nikolai Volkoff, The Enforcers, etc...

I agree to an extent.. Savage and Hogan are so much more than a tag team plus their tag encounters can be counted on one hand... perhaps that the is the equation behind it. If the team had more than 20 matches... that makes them a team?