Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling Jan. 1986

GeneJackson95

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garvin and Embry are great comedy players. Hart's team is really impressive and one that the von Erichs will have to respect. Dr. D came back to halt Bad News' momentum I guess. :) I like how nobody is really aligned with anyone in that segment. Iceman is kind of Bad News' friend, but there are times when Bad News would rip your head off for mentioning it. And it didn't look like Dr. D and Ronnie were on the same page either. So many possibilities.

World Class Championship Wrestling

Convention Center

Ft. Worth, TX.

Monday Jan 13, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

Steve Simpson pinned "California Stud" Rod Price with a small package

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia defeated The Inferno/Super Zodiac when Cooley pinned Inferno after a running bulldog

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt pinned Brian Adias with his feet on the ropes

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Rick/Scott Steiner) w/Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert fought "Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda to 20 minute time limit draw

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Ronnie Garvin pinned Lance Von Erich after a knock out punch

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Dream Team (John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams when Spot pinned Victory after a powerslam

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Championship

Kevin Von Erich defeated "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt with the 'Iron Claw'

Oklahoma City, OK

Tuesday Jan. 14, 1986

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Steve Simpson pinned The Inferno with a flying cross body off the top rope

The Dream Team ("Hollywood" John Tatum/Jack Victory) w/Luscious Johnny V & Brian Adams defeated Steve Doll/Brian Adias when Tatum pinned Doll after Adams cracked Doll over the head with the kendo stick while Johnny V had the referee distracted

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after a 'big splash'

Lumberjack Match

"Universal Hearthrob" Austin Idol w/Gary Hart defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell after interference from Makhan Singh who was one of the lumberjacks at ringside

Tag Team Challenge Match

"Iceman" King Parsons/DJ Peterson defeated "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious when Parsons pinned Embry after the flying butt strike

Ronnie Garvin defeated Mr. Olympia by count out after hitting him without a knockout punch that sent him out of the ring unable to beat the count back into the ring

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

WCCW Six Man Tag Team Championship

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated The Pringle Dynasty (The Grappler/The Spoiler/Rod Price) w/Percival Pringle III when Kerry Von Erich pinned Rod Price after a 'discus punch'

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Funks (Terry/Dory Jr.) defeated The Fantastics (Bobby Fulton/Tommy Rogers) when Terry pinned Rogers with a handful of tights

Two fun shows. It's going to be fun watching the Steiners rise. Love the Kevin Von Erich/Eddie Gilbert title match. I could just picture the heat Gilbert would get in that match. Funks vs. Fantastics would of given me my money's worth. Looks like Idol has the upper hand on Mantell right now. Ron Garvin is looking real good as Texas champ.

One of the hottest shows on the market today... I like the forecast of what World Class brings to the NWA and the amount of talent you've got here. I am also very surprised and elated to see the Funks on top with the Von Erichs below them... if there was only a 3rd Funk who was a fake Funk to bring it to the trios... oh wait the Von Erichs wouldn't do that.

Anyways...I think that it is time for the IceMan to get some serious love here and he is in a position to be a big star not named Von Erich while a guy like Ron Garvin continues to shine.

Keep up the great work!

Sorry guys, been a crazy week with all the weather issues here in Alabama and then last night I went to Nashville to ROH....I'm going to get caught up on feedback tonight and tomorrow.

======================================================================

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 1/16 Airing on Friday 1/18 on WTVT throughout Texas And various outlets across the Southwest. Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Bill Mercer/Bruce Prichard welcome everyone to WCCW)

Mercer: "We have a tremendous show for your this evening as we will see a huge grudge match for the Television Championship with 'Gorgeous' Jimmy Garvin w/Precious defending against 'Iceman' King Parsons."

Prichard: "That's going to be a barn burner and we also have Johnny V's Dream Team in action against 'Exotic' Adrian Street and 'Superstar' Bill Dundee."

Mercer: "We also have news about an exciting live television event that will air next Wednesday January 22nd, WCCW presents 'Bar Room Brawl' live from Gilley's Bar in Pasadena, Texas….it's going to be a wild show airing live right here on WTVT throughout Texas!"

Prichard: "Not to mention the huge card this Saturday night in Amarillo that will feature a Steel Cage Match for the NWA North American Championship as Kevin Von Erich defends against Big John Studd w/Percy Pringle."

('Nature Boy' Ric Flair enters stage right)

Ric-Flair-White-Suit-NWA-TV-1986-WWE-Net

Flair: "WOOOOOOO! Wild Bill Mercer….you two have been rambling on for all this time and you haven't mentioned the biggest news of all that the greatest NWA World Heavyweight Champion of all time the 'Nature Boy' himself is here live and in living color in Dallas, Texas."

Mercer: "Well Ric, we were building towards that…saving the best for last I guess."

Flair: (smiles) "Good save there Mr. Bill…..How appropriate you should say 'save the best for last' because the 'Nature Boy' is not only the best….but he is the MAIN EVENT everywhere I go…..I'm your rightful uncrowned World Champion, I was ripped off up there in Canada, Bruce Prichard by those biased officials and I stand here before you the uncrowned champion of the world….however, belt or no belt I'm still the very best this sport has to offer and the greatest living World Champion in wrestling today and I'm here to issue my 'Nature Boy Main Event Open Challenge' to ANYBODY who thinks that they can walk that aisle and hang with the best."

(Dory Funk Jr. enters stage left)

Dory: "Ric, there's no doubt that you are a great wrestler….you truly are. There's no doubt that you are a main event wrestler because you most certainly are….but to call yourself the greatest NWA World Champion alive? I take exception to that."

Flair: (laughing) "Oh is that right, Junior? You take exception to that? Well here's how this challenge works…big man. When it's main event time, the Nature Boy will be in that ring where I'm the best thing going today and all you have to do is walk that aisle and I will prove to you and everybody in Texas that I am exactly what I say I am…..and that's the uncrowned World Champion and the greatest wrestler in the world today! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

COMMERCIAL

(Marc Lowrance is in the dressing room with Gary Hart and Makhan Singh)

Lowrance: "Since returning to World Class, Gary Hart you've brought us Austin Idol….you've brought us the Mighty Kokina, and most recently this man Makhan Singh…..tonight I hear there's more."

Hart: "That's Marc, the hits keep on coming because this man right here….as big as he is……as dangerous as he is…..wait until you meet his "little brother" Ottmhan Singh….Von Erichs, those Six Man tag titles are as good as ours."

Ottman4.jpg

MATCH #1:

Makhan/Ottmhan Singh w/Gary Hart defeated Mega Man/Mr. BoJangles when Ottmhan pinned Mega Man after a running powerslam

(Footage airs from last Saturday in Houston of the masked man attacking Bad News Allen before the No DQ Texas Championship match and then clips of the match featuring Garvin winning the title and the masked man being revealed as 'Dr. D' David Shultz: Afterwards Bruce Prichard is in the dressing room with the new NWA Texas Champion Ronnie Garvin)

Prichard: "Ronnie Garvin, we just saw footage of the attack by David Shultz that resulted in you winning the Texas championship…." (Before Prichard can finish that sentence Jimmy Garvin, Eric Embry, and Precious come in carrying their bags just now arriving to the building)

Ronnie: "Where the hell have you been and why haven't you answered your phone all week?"

Jimmy: "What's the matter big brother? We've been on the road? I haven't been home to get any messages….what are you so hot about?"

Ronnie: "You know damn well what I'm hot about! Why did you pay that lowlife David Shultz to attack Bad News Allen before MY match?"

Eric: "Lowlife? The guys a doctor…."

Ronnie: "Shut up! This doesn't concern you! Jimmy, I didn't need any help beating Bad News Allen, now everybody is running around here saying the only reason I'm the Texas Champion is because David Shultz attacked him."

Jimmy: "Ok, first of all there's no need to be hateful to Eric….Second of all, who says I paid David Shultz to do anything? There's no proof of that. That's a pretty harsh accusation, brother. For all we know Shultz has his own issues with Bad News….the guy isn't exactly likable, ya know…. Regardless of WHY he attacked him the fact is, it served us well. You're the champion and from what I hear, Bad News Allen will not be stepping the ring for a long, long time….if ever again."

Ronnie: "Either way, I don't like it! I don't need help to fight my battles or win titles and I'm going to find Fritz Von Erich and tell him I want David Shultz in the ring the first chance I get…..and if I find out that you did pay for that to happen and you're lying to me about it…..you and I are going to have a serious problem, you got that?"

Jimmy: "Of course Ronnie, you know I wouldn't lie to you….you're family."

Ronnie: "I'm going to find Fritz and ask for a match with Shultz."

(Ronnie storms out of the dressing room)

Eric: "But Jimmy…..you DID pay Shultz to attack Bad News."

Jimmy: "Technically I'm not lying….I gave YOU the money and YOU gave it to him…so I didn't lie…I didn't pay Shultz."

Eric: "Oh….yeah about that….I didn't give him the money yet."

Jimmy: "What? Why not? Go give it to him right now, that guy is a lunatic…he's going to want him money."

Eric: "Problem is Jimmy, I don't have it anymore."

Jimmy: "Eric…what do you mean you don't have it anymore? I gave you five grand cash money to give him."

Eric: "Well see, I had the money and was headed to go give it to him but I stopped off at Panchos for some chimachangas….I love them chimachangas."

Precious: "Eric, we know you love the damn chimachangas…..get to the point, where's the money!!"

Eric: "Well, I met this chick at Panchos and she wanted to……you know…..stay over…and when I woke up the next morning she was gone and so was the money."

Jimmy: "What?? You let some bimbo steal MY money?? Shultz is going to kill us! You better get out of here right now and don't come back until you find five grand!! Go…hurry up go get it!"

Eric: "I'm kinda cash poor right now, Jimmy……you know I just fixed my transmission…(Precious interupts)

Precious: "Then you better go beg, borrow, or steal it…..but GO GET IT!!!!" (Eric flees)

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #2:

The Dream Team w/Johnny V & Brian Adams defeated Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda when Tatum pinned Dundee after Brian Adams hit him from outside when the referee was distracted……Afterwards while the Dream Team was celebrating in the ring The Moondogs attacked and sent them running from ringside while Johnny V pulled Adams away by the arm as he seemingly wanted to go back and fight the Moondogs himself

(Backstage: Marc Lowrance is joined by Big John Studd and Percival Pringle III)

Marc: "I'm joined by Big John Studd and Percy Pringle. Mr. Studd, this Saturday you will step into the ring with Kevin Von Erich challenging for the NWA North American Championship inside a steel cage and Matchmaker Frank Dusek has barred Austin Idol from the building."

Studd: "First of all, you refer to me as the 'Giant' John Studd because I'm the only true giant in the world of wrestling and this time next week you'll also refer to me as the North American Champion because everybody has seen I've got the Von Erich's number….I'm the one that crippled Mike Von Erich and ended his career and I'm going to do the same this Saturday night for Kevin Von Erich!"

Pringle: "Yes, yes, yes Marc Lowrance and then after we leave Amarillo…we're going to the Bar Room Brawl at Gilley's Bar….my newest signee "California Stud" Rod Price is going to take on Antonio Inoki and when Rod Price beats Antonio Inoki, he'll shoot right to the top 10 in the NWA….Then this man the 'Giant' John Studd will take on Bruiser Brody and prove that he's the toughest big man in the sport today!"

Marc: "There you hear it from the Pringle Dynasty and we'll have the full card for the Bar Room Brawl event before we go off the air here today!"

MATCH #3:

NWA World Lightheavyweight Champion Chris Benoit pinned Jed Johnson after a diving headbutt from the top rope

(Marc Lowrance runs down the card for Bar Room Brawl)

BAR ROOM BRAWL

Airing LIVE on WTVT from

Gilley's Bar

Pasadena, Texas

Wednesday Jan 22, 1986

MAIN EVENT

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.
Bruiser Brody

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

WCCW SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich

Vs.

Austin Idol/Makhan Singh/Ottmahn Singh w/Gary Hart

GRUDGE MATCH

Ronnie Garvin

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

#1 Contenders Match for the

The Pringle Dynasty (The Grappler/The Spoiler)

w/Percy Pringle

Vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex)

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE MATCH

"The California Stud" Rod Price w/Percival Pringle III

Vs.

Antonio Inoki

Eight Man Elimination Match

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Rick & Scott Steiner)

w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Mr. Olympia/Wendell Cooley/Adrian Street/Bill Dundee

Handicap Match

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart

Vs.

Sammy Hall/Will Owens

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #4:

WCCW Television Championship
"Iceman" King Parsons pinned "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious & Eric Embry when Garvin was distracted by 'Dr. D' David Shultz who came to ringside and was choking Eric Embry asking "Where's my money??" Ronnie Garvin came to ringside and started brawling with Shultz as Jimmy Garvin/Precious/Eric Embry ran out of the building why Shultz was distracted…..Meanwhile, Parsons left with his newly won Television Championship

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

"NATURE BOY'S MAIN EVENT OPEN CHALLENGE"

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned Dory Funk Jr. with a small package and handful of trunks

(Afterwards Terry Funk came to ringside and took the mic)

Funk: "Ric Flair, you and I both know the only way you could get a win over a Funk is by cheating, how about you 'style and profile' yourself to Amarillo this Saturday night and get in the ring with ME!!"

© 1986 Southwest Sports/National Wrestling Alliance

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday Jan 18, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

The Grappler w/Percival Pringle III pinned Steve Doll after a swinging neckbreaker

The Mighty Kokina w/"Playboy" Gary Hart defeated Brian Adias after a 'big splash'

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Desperados (Black Bart/Ron Bass) when Spot pinned Bart after Rex hit him with the bone behind the ref's back

"Dr. D" David Shultz defeated "Iceman" King Parsons by DQ when Ronnie Garvin ran in and attacked Shultz, they brawled down the aisle and out of the arena as Parsons looked on somewhat confused

Shane Douglas/Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated "Flamboyant" Eric Embry/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious when Douglas pinned Garvin who was distracted by "Dr. D" David Shultz who came down demanding his money owed to him

Ronnie Garvin fought Dory Funk Jr. to a 30 minute time limit draw in a hard hitting match

Tag Team Challenge Match

Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated Makhan/Ottmahn Singh w/"Playboy" Gary Hart by DQ when Ottmhan hit Lance with a steel chair

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Special Challenge Match

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned Terry Funk with his feet on the ropes/Afterwards Terry Funk took the house mic:
Funk: "Ric Flair, you no good cheatin' sonofabitch….you show your face again at the Sportatorium in Dallas this week and I'll give you the Texas ass whippin' you deserve!"

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

NWA North American Championship

(Austin Idol barred from the building)

Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III pinned Kevin Von Erich after Kevin suffered massive blood loss after being busted open on the steel cage very early in the match…..Kevin had to be helped out of the ring by his brothers Kerry/Lance along with Iceman Parsons

Wow a lot happening in Texas! Flair feuding with the Funks is great. Big, oh sorry, the Giant John Studd is really dominating the Von Erich's. Of course the Garvins and Embry segment was hilarious. Poor Eric just cant catch a break, from the woman to his car LOL. I really hope they come up with Dr. D's money. The Bar Room Brawl card looks insane! Only at Gilley's could this happen.

BAR ROOM BRAWL

Airing LIVE on WTVT from

Gilley's Bar

Pasadena, Texas

Wednesday Jan 22, 1986

WCCW Television Championship

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned Black Bart with a small package

Handicap Match

The Mighty Kokina w/Gary Hart defeated Sammy Hall/Will Owens after stacking them up and splashing them both for the pin

Eight Man Elimination Match

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Rick & Scott Steiner)

w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Mr. Olympia/Wendell Cooley/Adrian Street/Bill Dundee

Order of Elimination:

Rick Steiner pinned Bill Dundee after a belly to belly suplex

Wendell Cooley pinned Rip Rogers after a running bulldog

Eddie Gilbert pinned Wendell Cooley after a 'hot shot'

Scott Steiner pinned Adrian Street with a bridging German Suplex

Mr. Olympia eliminated Scott Steiner with a sleeper hold

Eddie Gilbert pinned Mr. Olympia after Rick Steiner hit Olympia in the back of the head with Missy's purse

Winners: "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner w/Missy Hyatt

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE MATCH

Antonio Inoki defeated "California Stud" Rod Price w/Percival Pringle III with a sleeperhold

#1 Contenders Match for the

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Pringle Dynasty (The Grappler/The Spoiler) w/Percy Pringle when Rex pinned the Grappler after a shoulder breaker

GRUDGE MATCH

Ronnie Garvin fought "Dr. D" David Shultz to a 'No Contest' when both mean brawled all over the bar breaking tables and eventually fighting out into the parking lot

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

WCCW SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Kevin/Kerry/Lance Von Erich defeated Austin Idol/Makhan Singh/Ottmahn Singh w/Gary Hart when Kerry pinned Idol with a backslide

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE MATCH

Bruiser Brody pinned NWA North American Champion Big John Studd w/Percival Pringle III after a 'big boot' to the face

Gilley's was the perfect place for this card. The Moondogs deserve their spot as number one contenders with that victory. Cool elimination tag match. I know Idol isn't very happy as he takes the pin to Kerry. Great brawl with Garvin and Dr. D, I could just imagine it in this wild scene. I agree, Inoki wrestling here is a highlight. The main event had to be a crazy one. Brody takes the Giant down. Funny you had Kokina in a handicap squash as I just posted a card with Kamala in the same match LOL.