Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Backlash 2018

KawadaSmile

Oh fuck another "if it didn't happen in the WWE it doesn't mean anything and it sucked" argument

It means a lot. I'm not saying otherwise.

It means nothing to what I'm watching now.

Joe hasn't had a classic match in WWE, period.

The greatest hits are there to enjoy, but they don't make Backlash a better show.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to pull the plug on Reigns now, right? Even the dullest WWE mark could see that he's completely unsalvageable at this point.

I've never seen fans just leave like that before. This is also the third main event in a row that he's just totally bombed.

They have to pull the plug on Reigns now, right? Even the dullest WWE mark could see that he's completely unsalvageable at this point.

Well I mean at least make him cold until about December and then get him ready for his eventual wrestlemania main event. You can't possible make a year storyline of Reigns and people will care. Especially when Brock isn't going to be a factor in most of it until Wrestlemania time period

Thanks for the Samoa Joe recommendations. ROH and TNA are two promotions I never really followed that much, so that probably explains my lack of knowledge of Samoa Joe's best matches.

The Ki match is IMO the best RoH match ever. It's just them beating the shit out of each other and it's awesome.

I mean the series with Lesnar was really good which is more then most get. The series with Finn wasn't blowaway, save for the Brooklyn match which was pretty damn great, almost exclusively because of Joe, and Finn Balor had no really memorable NXT matches period, so...

His series with Reigns has also been Reigns best stuff of the last 6 months. But whatever, he sucks, I guess?

I don't watch TV, so I can only comment on this Joe-Reigns match, which sucked.

You liked the Finn-Joe series more than I did, but we're both in agreement on Finn at least.

I praised the Lesnar stuff, but that's it. It's something because Lesnar has been a shithouse for years now.

Joe frustrates me. He shows bursts of something awesome, but that's all it ever is.

Oh fuck another "if it didn't happen in the WWE it doesn't mean anything and it sucked" argument

The greatest hits are there to enjoy, but they don't make Backlash a better show.

Who are you even talking to? Is there someone here insinuating any of those points you just brought up?

The only thing I can think of with Reigns is to ACTUALLY do what they promote with the 2nd Rock vs Cena match. The whole storyline building up to that match (in New York/Jersey by the way) was that Cena had a horrible year after losing in Miami. In reality it was a pretty damn good year as he won some titles and actually beat Brock Lesnar in his return back. But anyway that was the story and they were sticking to it. Reigns really needs to have a terrible year until about December.

The redemption story is the ONLY thing he has left.

Who are you even talking to? Is there someone here insinuating any of those points you just brought up?

My bad. I thought you were responding to my post about not giving shit what Joe and Low Ki did 15 years ago because it has no bearing on the Joe that showed up tonight. If not, my apologies for the confusion.

Pretty easily the worst show of the year thus far.

It's not even the worst big WWE PPV of the last 2 weeks, let's be real here.

LOL. A fair point. But at least GRR had spectacle working for it. Everyone's jaws were on the floor at the blatant propaganda on display. It was more "memorable" - maybe not in a good way, but it was.

There seems to be no obvious direction for the main programs for Raw now

Roman and Joe looks to be done

So does Nia and Alexa.

I guess Rollins now goes with Finn but I don't think it's definite

Tag scene is quite bleak

Only obvious direction is the Ronda/Nattie/Mickie stuff. I guess Alexa gets involved here

Braun with no clear direction. I guess Zayn v Owens?

My bad. I thought you were responding to my post about not giving shit what Joe and Low Ki did 15 years ago because it has no bearing on the Joe that showed up tonight. If not, my apologies for the confusion.

Again, who's making that correlation? Someone said they didn't understand the hype behind Samoa Joe, and another poster casually pointed out that he had great matches in the past.

Pretty easily the worst show of the year thus far.

It's not even the worst big WWE PPV of the last 2 weeks, let's be real here.

Moral issue surrounding GRR aside, everything there was pretty inoffensive if not exactly very good. This was an actively bad show with terrible booking.

Seth feuds with Balor, and the former falls upwards to the main event scene, with the latter getting the IC belt

Roman wins the briefcase

Rollins main events Summerslam or another considerably big PPV against Lesnar. Roman cashes in and pins Seth, finally becoming Universal Champion, turning heel in the process, and cockblocking his former friend.

It won't happen, but that's the sort of shit I would like to see so damn much (and it would bring new life to Roman and make people beg even more for a Rollins main event run)

Again, who's making that correlation? Someone said they didn't understand the hype behind Samoa Joe, and another poster casually pointed out that he had great matches in the past.

Because Joe has been in WWE two years now with very little that I've personally found memorable. How long is he going to get to coast on his "greatest hits"? He had a good run in ROH 15 years ago but was hit-or-miss in TNA. It's a valid question, because I don't get the hype either. Does anyone get excited about a Haley Joel Osment movie because he was great in The Sixth Sense, A.I., and Secondhand Lions? If people were still hyping him up now, I'd question it. (And yes, he's been in movies since then - just nothing anyone has seen.)