Pro Wrestling Only

The big announcement

Loss

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'll rate matches, but not with stars. I'll be using a 1-10 scale, breaking down in 0.1. In reviewing 140 matches a month, I think I need something a bit more precise to make comparisons. Plus, I think Dave has recently made star ratings laughably irrelevant. I'll elaborate on this more later, but I really want those ratings to not just reflect the in-ring bell to bell, but to rate the match as an overall presentation, the lion's share which is of course the in-ring bell to bell. The flaw of star ratings has always been the awesome five-minute matches that no one's going to go all the way on no matter how good they are. Or the matches that do everything they need to do, but aren't technically great. Or the matches that are aided by hot promo work or a post-match angle. The 1-10 rating is not just "this is how great this match is", even if it's often that. It's more my opinion of how worth your time the whole shebang is.

Thanks. I'll rate matches, but not with stars. I'll be using a 1-10 scale, breaking down in 0.1. In reviewing 140 matches a month, I think I need something a bit more precise to make comparisons. Plus, I think Dave has recently made star ratings laughably irrelevant. I'll elaborate on this more later, but I really want those ratings to not just reflect the in-ring bell to bell, but to rate the match as an overall presentation, the lion's share which is of course the in-ring bell to bell. The flaw of star ratings has always been the awesome five-minute matches that no one's going to go all the way on no matter how good they are. Or the matches that do everything they need to do, but aren't technically great. Or the matches that are aided by hot promo work or a post-match angle. The 1-10 rating is not just "this is how great this match is", even if it's often that. It's more my opinion of how worth your time the whole shebang is.

Sounds like a win. I love a detailed, qualitative match review as the best give me something to think about on the match at hand as well as impact what I look for thereafter, but absent some type of rating -- stars, letters, numbers, whatever works for the author -- it can be difficult to differentiate and distinguish. Needless to say this sounds like a great way to address everything.

Hey, everyone. If anyone would like to help, I need more Facebook likes, as it makes it much easier to promote the page. If you haven't liked the page, it would be very appreciated if you would. Also, please invite any wrestling fan friends that you have on Facebook to like the page as well. Thanks to all!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that I purchased a Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 shirt from the link Loss posted on Twitter to support the site.  In related news, my wallet is also cursing Loss for the upcoming abuse it's about to get from me finding this site. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Just wanted to add that I purchased a Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 shirt from the link Loss posted on Twitter to support the site.  In related news, my wallet is also cursing Loss for the upcoming abuse it's about to get from me finding this site. 

Missed that tweet and can't seem to find it, do you have the link?

• Loss unpinned this topic