WWE Super Show-Down

KawadaSmile

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the New Day string of having the best opening matches on a PPV/main show stopped today.   It was fine but extremely house showish.   Except for the finish (also very house show-ish) Becky vs Charlotte was so much better than their first match.  Becky's aggressiveness was on point tonight which was desperately needed.   Hated the finish but at least Becky got to beat down Charlotte unlike the usual run away 

John Cena with the JBL haircut is just weird  

Cena actually winning with the Cena Sequence, with no reversals, is always a treat.

Always glad to see the IIconics get a win because it's so rare, especially cool to see it happen here even if the pop didn't come thru too huge.

First half of the show definitely house show vibe. AJ seemingly always exactly in the middle of these cards.

16 minutes ago, El-P said:

No kidding.

Ok, is Brie gonna kick someone in the face again ?

It was no disqualification, so reaching the ropes wouldn’t have forced the break. They even said as much on commentary. Graves said ‘the ropes won’t help Joe’

The Bellas are so bad, Brie especially. They just come across as so hammy and disingenuous. I like the Riott Squad and the match was fine, but Liv tagging in to specifically work-kick Brie in the face was a little lame. Rondas hot tag and double armbar finish was great, but I’m amazed they didn’t do anything to set up evolution. I thought they were going that way when the Bellas started out just tagging each other.

Pulling for Buddy Murphy here, especially now they keep referencing Cedrics winning streak.

AJ vs Samoa Joe was a really good match if none of this "home invasion" shit occurred and it was like the 2nd match.  The only time where you felt the hate of this feud they muted Styles which was so stupid.  If that was the blow off then what a waste of a feud

I like that they are mentioning how this is redemption for Rousey given that her MMA career starting going down the toilet in Australia  against Holly Holm 

Alexander/Murphy continues to be a great match-up, even if this is a bit spot-spot-spot with the goal seemingly  "Hey, watch 205 Live to see all this cool shit every week". But Murphy winning felt like a huge deal in his home town and he deserves it after the run he's had on the main roster.