WWE Super Show-Down

KawadaSmile

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So is Shawn back as a regular weekly tv character?  Wwe usually makes it pretty clear whether someone is back full time but they have been kinda vague here.

and to be honest since .Summerslam Roman has come across as a secondary character on the show, about the same level as .Dean, Seth, and Braun and below the attitude era guys.  He was arguably pushed stronger before he got the title

25 minutes ago, NickH said:

Why wasn't guys like Balor, Orton, Nakamura, Hardy on this show? They could have used them.

I'm so glad I stopped going to wrestling events, just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

No programmes for them. I think Jeff is taking some time off TV tbf but Balor has been doing nothing for a long time now.

Way to much shit going on in that match, it wasn't even 5 minutes before there was interference and I cant stand the curtain call especially if this is going to lead to Shawn getting back in the ring. Its hard to believe these guys were the same guys that shit on 20 - 25 years ago for relying on weapons for lack of psychology.

Definitely not a show for the purists.

Super Show-Down was a glorified house show, but in order to draw 70K fans they needed the show to be a novelty. So the 1-2 punch of making it the first ever PPV from Australia and the last ever HHH-Taker match was about the best they could do. Not only was it the final chapter of that rivalry, it was the first time The Undertaker had been to the country since 2004, so having the opportunity to watch that one last epic Taker style match was a nice sentiment.

Personally I was let-down because the one match I was looking forward to (Bryan-Miz) was a glorified segment opposed to a real match. In saying that, it was good to see Buddy Murphy become the first Australian wrestler to win a WWE Title and to see that happen at the most famous stadium in Australia was a sweet moment and easily the biggest in 205 Live history.

Now I'm just holding out for Jimmy Redman's review. :lol:

That main event was painful to watch. The only good thing was it was in daylight for me in Ireland this time. It was nice to watch a PPV at a reasonable hour. The show was okay  for the most part bar some of the finishes which were a bit poor, I don't know what was meant to happen in the DB vs Miz match regards the finish but unless it's a very clever work it looked like a mess up of some kind. 

I watched the end of Ronda's match and the HHH/Taker bout. 
The main event was...kind of sad. The announcers did not help as they repeated the build was that HHH felt he had "more left in the tank" than Taker. So they basically told us both of them were done. Then the announcers went on to put over the "end of an era" match from 8 years ago and how they couldn't believe they got to see these two fight once more. So they again put over that these two were shot. 
Renee Young in the middle of the match said of dastardly heel HHH "What great things HHH does for the WWE corporation!"  And she's a face...
They sort of botched a move when HHH audibled out of a back drop on the floor when he realized a guard rail was in his way. He stopped his bump and slid off Taker sideways. The announcers froze for like 5 seconds as they didn't know how to cover.
Kane had to sell a weak table bump for minutes on end, meanwhile Taker all but no sold a sledgehammer to the face. 
HHH won with lots of help from HBK and a sledge hammer. We got a repeat of the Sting/HHH Mania post match, where HHH's opponent had to pose with him after getting screwed - but this time Taker and Kane wrecked Shawn and HHH to set up the next chapter. 

5 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

I'm assuming Joe didn't grab the ropes because theres no rope break in a no DQ match, so it wouldn't do him any good

I've always understood rope breaks in no-DQ matches to mean that the referee couldn't disqualify someone for refusing to break, but submissions in the ropes don't count since being in the ropes puts you outside the ring.

1 hour ago, NickH said:

I cant believe the Bryan match was so short. Aussies got screwed.

HHH/Taker got 27 minutes and everyone got individual entrances, don't tell me there wasn't time.  Bryan/Miz could easily have had a 15 minute match.

WWE PPVs and live specials usually have at least one short match whether its a main event sprint like Goldberg vs Brock or Taker vs Cena at Mania or an underneath match that ends up being a squash.

It made sense for Bryan to try to go for the win early because its for a title shot. The worked the match nice early on to were you couldn't tell they weren't going long. Most of the time you can tell when just are just having a bite sized version of their normal match plus these two will probably face each other so many times in me near future it will be run into the ground 

One thing that struck me, is that Ronda really looks like she's on the verge of being "just another girl", if that's not already the case. It's crazy, she should be nothing less than a super special attraction working very near or at the top of the cards (of course, we're not there yet in term of women in WWE). You know, kinda like Lesnar (except without the suckitude).

1 hour ago, El-P said:

One thing that struck me, is that Ronda really looks like she's on the verge of being "just another girl", if that's not already the case. It's crazy, she should be nothing less than a super special attraction working very near or at the top of the cards (of course, we're not there yet in term of women in WWE). You know, kinda like Lesnar (except without the suckitude).

When they first announced this Australia thing months ago, I assumed a Ronda singles match would be the main event but in the end her match was pretty throwaway.

Whilst it wasn't a terrible show, I found this hard to sit through as nothing felt of any importance bar a couple of matches. AJ vs Joe was brilliant, and it's the only thing I'd say go out of your way to see. It's probably their best match in a WWE ring so far. I skimmed through the main and it enjoyed it for the silly nostalgia that it was, but I can't say I'm a fan of them going back to these Attitude Era feuds in 2018 and the nature of these supercards where they just throw any shit to see what sticks is killing my interest. Here's to hoping that Crown Jewel is something more than a souped up house show.

I think the 2 min match was done as mentioned to be a flash pin to somewhat protect Miz. Miz was up 2-0 in this feud, Bryan had to win one, and SaudiMania II is the perfect card where they wanna throw out a 'dream match' like Bryan/Styles. Miz will definitely be the one to dethrone AJ still, likely in a triple threat after as people have suggested.

I just listened to John Pollack's and Wai Ting's post show and the Observer post show and I just had to laugh when they got to the Elias match. They were trying to figure out what he was talking about before the match. Clearly they have never heard of the biggest sport in Australia, no it's not rugby or soccer. It's Australian Rules Football you muppets. The greatest sport you have never heard of. Rant over, gonna have a vegemite sandwich.

This is what Elias was talking about if your curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JirTw6MLblY