Pro Wrestling Only

Stacey's Divas Deep Dive

I've been threatening to do this for a while now. I'm sure Matt D will be relieved.

I'm starting a new regular column on PTBN talking all things Divas. Best matches, best wrestlers, all the good work and all the fun stuff. If you've ever wondered why I bang on about the Divas all the time, and what good work I could possibly be talking about, well this should hold the answers. Check it out!

http://placetobenation.com/staceys-divas-deep-dive-an-introduction/

I just read this, and all of your previous GWE pieces on the divas. Absolutely fantastic stuff. I love it when someone approaches things with a fresh eye and unique thought-process. You'll definitely have a new reader going forward.

I lost a bet a couple years back and as a result was "forced" to find, watch and rate 50 Kelly Kelly matches. I thought I'd dread it but I was honestly surprised by KK. I won't say she's great but she certainly did do the basics just as well (or even better) than the smark favourites of the time (AJ etc)

On 7/8/2018 at 3:50 AM, Rah said:

I lost a bet a couple years back and as a result was "forced" to find, watch and rate 50 Kelly Kelly matches. I thought I'd dread it but I was honestly surprised by KK. I won't say she's great but she certainly did do the basics just as well (or even better) than the smark favourites of the time (AJ etc)

Is this available somewhere? I'd love to read that.

And thanks guys. I'm having so much fun doing it so I hope y'all have fun reading it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jimmy Redman said:

The series continues as I look at my first individual wrestler, Molly Holly, and wonder if carrying enough dorks to perfectly fine matches qualifies someone for sainthood. I'm saying yes.

http://placetobenation.com/staceys-divas-deep-dive-saint-molly-of-minnesota/

Yet another awesome article, Stacey.

I don't care how much people (over)hype Trish - Molly Holly was absolutely the best female in-ring worker of that era, and my favorite.

Being reminded about so much of the bullshit they put her through made me mad all over again.

What a tremendous article. Have always thought Melina gets a rough time of things, and being half of a punchline in that "what's the best match of all time? Melina vs Alicia Fox" stuff, but given the limitations of some of her opponents and also the time constraints and lack of focus Diva matches received at this time, she was bloody good. Stacey's article gets that across far better than I can express, but absolutely seconding people check out that match with Mickie James at Backlash 2007, and then also in particular the 'I Quit' Match she has with Beth Phoenix at One Night Stand 2008. 

I know this is mainly about Melina has an in ring competitor in her won right, but given the love I've seen from many people (rightly) on PWO for MNM, Melina was a huge part of why that act was so good. 

Looking foward to the next installment already!   

• 3 weeks later...

Double whammy catch up here, first with last week's Deep Dive that started with Fandango and ended with literally everyone being a lesbian and an exploration of bisexual representation in WWE. 

http://placetobenation.com/staceys-divas-deep-dive-lesbian-chicken/

This week I take a look at Maryse the wrestler to celebrate the return of Maryse the wrestler, and try to explain why I could watch her do literally anything on earth and also watch her do absolutely nothing whatsoever. She's mesmerising.

http://placetobenation.com/staceys-divas-deep-dive-the-marysiest-maryse-of-them-all/