Pro Wrestling Only

Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling July 1986

SirEdger

Garvin going after the TV title should be a fun feud.  SST is getting a good push, deservedly so.  I like seeing a midcard team like Hot Property get as many wins as they have in multiple promotions.  Paul E. continues to go international for his recruiting, but it seems effective so far.  Poor OMG.  I like seeing Brunzell get wins.  Adias is proving to be a real dick.  Roadies are getting a lot of traveling in of late, but they would be good draws.  Garvin gets vicious, but Borne is tough and has a pretty big vicious streak of his own.  Jacques taking matters into his own hands!  I like when babyfaces get so fed up with the heels they do stuff like that.  I imagine the fans do too.  Great show.

The press release was great.  You didn't piss off the fans in attendance by simply handing Kernodle back his title.  I liked the conditions, but somehow I think things won't go down quite the way anybody plans.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 13th, 1986

Danville, IL

-Andre the Giant beat Assassin #1 in 15:27

-Brian Adias beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 3:42 by reverse decision after interference from Sunny War Cloud. After the match, Kokina OBLITERATED Sunny for costing him the match.

6-Men Tag: The Killer Bees & Joe Savoldi beat The Southern Ramblers & Pirata Morgan in 16:24 when Savoldi pinned Randy Rose

-Raymond Rougeau beat Gino Brito in 11:58

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Bob Backlund in 17:38

-Jacques Rougeau beat One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 12:23. After the match, Paul E. Dangerously & The Samoan SWAT Team came out to attack the Gang & Floyd Creatchman. Paul E. even took scissors to cut some of Floyd Creatchman's hair!!

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Ole Anderson in 11:23

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Mike Davis in 13:27 to retain

Poor Sunny War Cloud.  That 6-man would have been a lot of fun. Big win for Raymond over Brito.  Fatu stays hot against Backlund.  Too bad the Creatchmans have been antagonizing the Rougeaus for so long.  Otherwise Jacques might have helped.  Charland over Ole is surprising.  Kernodle has been on a huge roll in Lutte, who can stop him now that Jacques is unable to?

I am enjoying the success of Kernodle and Adias here as it is always fun to watch some real life good workers acheive what they deserve.  Due to the fsct that we are a  it low in writers and some of our rosters have become deper than in real life, some if the major workers of the 80's gets pushed aside.

Cant beat a show that starts off with Andre. Man, Sunny paid a huge price on that interference. 6 Man tag would of been a lot of fun as Savoldi gels well with the Bees. Jacques gets a big win over OMG. Tough night for OMG as he even gets attacked after the loss. I bet the crowd loved Charland's win over Ole. Once again, Kernodle retains. 

You are doing a great job of giving everyone, up and down the card, a role to play and someone to fight. Getting Kernodle over as a top heel in '86 is pretty impressive. That's some quality booking. Like kevinmcfl says, it's gratifying to see overlooked or underused guys get the push they deserved. 

July 18th, 1986

Jaffray, BC

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Bruce Hart in 20:55

-Pistol Pez Whatley beat Randy Rose in 13:56

GAEA Attraction: Lioness Asuka beat Crane Yuu

-B. Brian Blair vs Kerry Brown never happened as Andre the Giant  entered the ring and attacked both men!!! People are stunned as they see Andre showing a mean streak they had never seen before. We can see Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry following behind, all giddy, and they join Andre in the ring. However, all 3 Rougeau Brothers rush the ring to chase off Garvin & Embry. Raymond Rougeau takes the mic and says he doesn't know what the hell happened between Andre and Garvin/Embry but he's gonna take care of this right away. He wants a piece of Andre in the main event tonight! Andre accepts and says he'll see Raymond in the main event.

-The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques & Armand) beat Al Madril & Chris Candido in 12:13 with La Bombe Rougeau on Madril

Special Challenge: One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat King Kong Bundy in 12:08 after Floyd Creatchman distracted King Kong Bundy long enough for the Gang to hit his own version of Avalanche!

-Rick Martel beat Satanico in 4:49. The match seemed to be cut short because of Martel's lingering injuries but he was able to finish the match and walk out on his own.

-The Nightmares (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Brian Adias & NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle in 18:18 when Ken Wayne pinned Kernodle. Kernodle was left to fend off both Nightmares alone when Sunny War Cloud ran in to attack Brian Adias!

-Andre the Giant (w/Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry) beat Raymond Rougeau in 38:29 with a double underhook suplex. Lots of involvement from Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry in this one, buying some time for Andre when he was seemingly in trouble. Referee Luigi Macera gave a lot of leeway to the match as Raymond spent as much time if not more fighting with Garvin & Embry inside and outside the ring, making this an unofficial 3-on-1 Handicap Match.

One Man Gang beat King Kong Bundy! I need more info about that match. I'm assuming Creatchman had something to do with the outcome. Does this mean OMG might get nvolved in the Bundy/Bad News feud? Probably not... but that would be awesome.

I hope Garvin and Embry carried a lot of the load in that Andre match. I hate to think of the guy going almost 40 minutes in his condition and with his schedule.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of details on that card. Fixed the  original post as I added more details. :)

And as for the main event,  that's why I involved Garvin & Embry in the process. I knew they'd be able to buy some time to Andre in the middle of the match and have Raymond get that major babyface heat by constantly  getting involved and allowing Andre to work a minimum. By going this long, I also wanted to perhaps let the fans hope that somehow Armand & Jacques would show up to even the playing field and allow Raymond to score a major win but alas, that wasn't the case.

As for the rest, all I can say is that Garvin & Embry might not be the only ones who'll want to get the services of Andre to make a statement ;)

Pez Whatley gets a win in Lutte, nice!  Good to see some GAEA talent being used.  Whoa, Garvin & Embry recruited Andre???  Awesome!!  Rouygeas get a win and OMG immediately gets anything he has lost in the last month or so back with his win.  Martel needs to spend some time recovering.  At this point I think people would be demanding not to tag with Adias or War Cloud.  Raymond gets put over big in the main.  Loving this use of Andre.

Whoa! What's going on with Andre here??? Is this the beginning of heel Andre? I'm with Dawho as I enjoyed seeing Pez Whatley show up and get a win. OMG and Bundy is just to cool. I hope to see more of this. Seems Martel is still hurting but just wont quit and even gets the win here. The heat between Sunny and Adias just gets hotter. I wonder how Kernodle is going to feel about this. If Garvin and Embry have the services of Andre, watch out Lutte! 

NWA Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling TV LIVE!

July 19th, 1986

Sarnia, ON

fwa1.jpgnwa.jpg

Quick and dirty results

-The show starts with highlights from last night's event in Jaffray, BC when Andre the Giant seemed to align himself with Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry. Highlights of the Andre vs Raymond Rougeau match are shown as well. Raymond Rougeau gets to the broadcast booth. Raymond says he's not quite understanding yet what happened with Andre but he hopes to understand later why. Guy Hauray announces that Andre, Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry are scheduled for an interview later in the evening. Raymond Rougeau says he doesn't regret though stepping into the ring with Andre last night and he would do it all over again. He's then interrupted by King Kong Bundy. Bundy says Rougeau should keep his mouth shut and know his role as nobody can legit beat him. Raymond asks Bundy if Bad News Brown spent all his money. Bundy gets incensed and wants a piece of Raymond tonight. Raymond answers that he doesn't need any kind of financial reward to do it and he'll gladly wrestle him tonight!

Guest Referee - Bruno Sammartino: NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Pirata Morgan in 15:04. After the match, Paul E. goes to the broadcast booth, still sporting the lock of hair he cut from Floyd Creatchman last week. Paul E brags about how he's always one step ahead of Floyd and that will always remain that way. Floyd Creatchman interrupts the interview and says he's not here to fight but rather to challenge Paul E to a special match. Both managers will pick one representative to fight next Friday in Vancouver with the loser getting his head shaved! Paul E. isn't sure but when Floyd eggs him a bit longer, Paul E. accepts the challenge but keeps his representative to himself and so does Floyd. Who will both men pick?

-Brian Adias beat "Nightmare" Danny Davis (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 13:45. Once again, Sunny War Cloud tries to attack Adias but security steps in before he can reach Adias!

NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Pistol Pez Whatley in 23:40 to retain. Postmatch, Kernodle brags about how Jacques Rougeau is now a broken man and he can only blame himself. Never a Rougeau will touch that title again as long as he's still breathing!

Steel Cage Match: Richard Charland & Frenchy Martin beat The Blond Outlaws (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 36:33 when Richard Charland escaped the cage. The rules of the match was that only one man from a team was needed to escape the cage to win the match. After the match, The Blond Outlaws destroyed Frenchy Martin in the ring, beating him to a bloody pulp. Paul E returned to the broadcast booth and said that wins or losses don't matter to the Blond Outlaws. What matters is that Goto & Saito are destroying wrestlers left and right every night. Tatsutoshi Goto will destroy someone else tomorrow night at the Great American Bash: Northern Incident in Sherbrooke!

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat Jumpin Jim Brunzell in 20:42 to retain. After the match, Jimmy Garvin, Eric Embry & Andre the Giant strut to the broadcast booth while Matt Borne remains in the ring. First, Andre is asked why he chose to align with Garvin & Embry, to which he only answers "None of your business". Jimmy Garvin takes the lead and says that he basically wanted to make sure that everyone realized he wasn't joking last week. Jimmy Garvin says he only needs one shot at Matt Borne to beat him and this will happen tomorrow night at the Great American Bash. As for Andre, Garvin says that he was cheated by the promotion when they asked him to forfeit the Canadian International Heavyweight Championship because he had fulfilled all of his dates rather than allow him to take the title with him. Garvin says everyone knows that Frank Valois did this out of spite against Vince McMahon and the WWF. Jimmy hints that he might not be the only one who thinks that Andre has been cheated. Tomorrow night, there won't be no cheating as Jimmy Garvin will walk out of the Bash as the new TV Champion.

-The Southern Ramblers beat The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques & Armand) in 9:05 when Randy Rose pinned Armand Rougeau

Before the main event, the broadcast team runs down the card for tomorrow night's Great American Bash card in Sherbrooke:

GREAT AMERICAN BASH: NORTHERN INCIDENT

JULY 20TH, 1986

Palais des Sports, Sherbrooke, QC

MAIN EVENT

NWA CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Maniac Matt Borne (c) vs Jimmy Garvin

The Killer Bees vs Andre the Giant & Tom Prichard (w/Rock Riddle)

Richard Charland & Frenchy Martin vs Los Infernales

The Southern Ramblers vs Rick Martel & Satanico

Brian Adias vs King Kong Bundy

Mike Davis vs Armand Rougeau

Al Madril vs Tatsutoshi Goto

Bugsy McGraw vs Gino Brito

-In the main event, King Kong Bundy beat Raymond Rougeau in 45:59. Same formula than the previous night in Jaffray, with Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry showing up early in the match to distract - and interfere in Raymond's business. Only this time, Andre shows up late in the match. The end of the match comes as Andre climbs on the ring apron to choke Raymond while Garvin & Embry distract the referee. That allows Bundy to charge Raymond with the Avalanche and get the pin. Postmatch, Andre, Garvin & Embry are about to strike again when Jacques & Armand Rougeau run in, chairs in hand. Andre stands his ground but Garvin & Embry convince him to back off. The show ends with Jacques & Armand checking on Raymond.

101101carpentier-edouard-carte_g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

Paul E. or Floyd is going to lose their hair.  Or so we think.  Thankfully security is on to this War Cloud/Adias situation.  Loving Kernodle of late, really getting after Jacques.  Good way to hype the Bash show with Goto, especially after destroying Frenchy Martin.  Speaking of Bash hype, follow up a great match with Jimmy Garvin and freaking Andre coming out.  I'm 100% sure Jimmy Garvin will win that belt without help from Andre.  100%.  The Ramblers over the Rougeaus is a big, big win.  I'm with gordi on the idea of Rougeaus vs. Garvin/Embry/Andre.

I wonder who the reps will be next week and who's walking out bald? Man, Kernodle is really getting over in his heel role as Canadian International Champ. It was fun seeing Frenchy in action but things didn't work out so well for him. The Blond Outlaws are causing some havoc. Garvin, Embry and Andre are really starting to stir things up. Looking forward to Garvin and Borne at the Bash. Southern Ramblers get a big win over the Rougeaus! Looking forward to your Bash card. A lot of intriguing match ups here. 

July 25th, 1986

Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, BC

-Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Paul E. Dangerously) destroyed Brian Adias in :53 with the Backdrop Driver. After the match, Paul E. cut a lock of Adias' hair as well, teasing that with his short night of work, Goto could still represent him later tonight in the Hair vs Hair Match!

-Armand Rougeau beat Keith Hart in 15:14 with a Missile Dropkick

-Baron Von Raschke beat One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 14:26 with the Claw

-Gino Brito beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson in 10:04 with the Figure Four Leglock

Hair vs Hair Match: Ken Wayne (representing Floyd Creatchman) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (representing Paul E. Dangerously) in 13:35 after interference from One Man Gang. After the match, Prince Alofa Fatu was shaved bald as a helpless Paul E. (neutralized by One Man Gang SITTING ON HIM!!!) had to watch Floyd Creatchman proceed to the shaving. Floyd added insult to injury by shaving a bit of Paul E's hair as well!!

-"The Suicide Blond" Chris Candido beat Satanico in 12:15 with the Blonde Bombshell

-Rick Martel beat Rip Oliver in 7:48 with the Slingshot Splash

NWA National Tag Team Championship: The Rock N' Roll Express beat The Rougeau Brothers in a spectacular match at 21:39 to retain with their double dropkick on Raymond.

An Adias match with no Sunny War Cloud?  Good win for Goto though.  OMG has been having a rough time of it lately.  Brito is always somebody I like to see.  Paul E. being sat on by OMG is a great visual.  Candido could learn a lot from Satanico.  Martel in short matches seems like a good idea, let the guy rest.  RnRs vs. Rougeaus is a really fun matchup and the match would have been great.

Wow, Goto really did destroy Adias and that was without Sunny interference. Goto made a statement there. Baron gets a HUGE win over OMG with the claw! Loved the hair vs. hair match and the visual of OMG sitting on Paul E. was hilarious. Martel looked good and hopefully is healing well. Awesome main event that would pack a house anywhere. Nice win for RnR. 

NWA Lutte Internationale TV LIVE!

July 26th, 1986

Ottawa, ON

fwa1.jpgnwa.jpg

(Before the opening credits, we see footage from last night’s event in Vancouver when Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry wreaked havoc after the National Tag Team Championship Match between The Rock N’ Roll Express and The Rougeau Brothers. After the opening credits, we head to the ringside area with the broadcast team waiting to open the show.)

Guy Hauray: Good evening everyone and welcome to the Ottawa Civic Centre for another live night of Saturday night wrestling action. As you saw in the opening moments, once again, Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry caused all sorts of problems, taking advantage of two exhausted teams to attack the National Tag Team Champions The Rock N’ Roll Express and their fallen challengers, the Rougeau Brothers. Obviously, things will eventually come to a head at some point but we might wonder if the Andre factor doesn’t come into play here.

Édouard Carpentier: Well, whenever you can have Andre the Giant in your corner, it makes for quite an intimidating factor going for you. I speak from experience when we teamed together in his early days. Jimmy Garvin might think he’s invincible now, despite the fact that he isn’t the International TV Champion.

Guy Hauray: We’ll see about that but first, I think....yes, here comes the Rougeau Brothers!

(Big crowd pop as the Rougeaus head to the broadcast booth)

Guy Hauray: Obviously, Jacques, things haven’t been easy for you or your brothers in the past few months but it looks like Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry are looking to add insult to injury.

Jacques Rougeau: Well, injuries are part of the business but the insults part is what pisses us off the most. Jimmy Garvin, you started a war in the month of May in that Scaffold Match that you’ll never be able to finish. Your buddy Eric Embry thought he was a genius when he decided to enlist Don Kernodle to drop me off a scaffold but as you can see, I still stand right before you. While I can’t get my hands on Don Kernodle for the next 90 days or so, that does mean that I can take my frustrations out on somebody else and it looks like it’s gonna be the 3 of you. I say the 3 of you because that includes you, Andre!

Raymond Rougeau: Listen, we’re not fazed a bit by the stunts that Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry are trying to pull. But we still can’t understand why Andre decided to hang out with them. You know better than anyone else here, Édouard (looking at Édouard Carpentier) that Andre has been like a brother to us for many many years. And we just can’t comprehend why on Earth he’d choose to side with Garvin & Embry. But we’re now far passed the comprehension stage. Last night, Garvin and Embry attacked us and the Rock N’Roll Express after a gruelling match and that’s not gonna fly. So tonight, I say we give to Ottawa what they want which is beating the living crap out of Garvin & Embry!

(The crowd roars but those cheers turn into boos as Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry, along with Precious, walk to the ringside area, with Andre the Giant behind them.)

Jimmy Garvin: Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on, fellas. You’re not gonna do some big boy talk while thinking we’d not respond, did you? The fact and the matter is this, first of all, I didn’t start anything. Don Kernodle did. And besides, that was Eric’s idea.

Eric Embry: But you were OK with it so technically, that’s our idea, right?

Jimmy Garvin: What the....anyway, you understand my point here. It’s not our problem if that night, you were unable to take the North American Tag Team Championship away from us. But you’re right on one thing, Rougeaus. And that it’s time to settle this once and for all. And I think we can settle this tonight.

Eric Embry: Oh yeah, and you know what, all we need is just one match. One match and we’ll settle this, put you in the backburner and we’ll move on to bigger things.

Jimmy Garvin (turning to Eric): Man, what the hell are you doing? We’ve gone through this. Let me handle things, don’t improvise on me, man.

Eric Embry: Jimmy, look at the guy standing behind us. The 8th Wonder of the World is in OUR corner, not theirs! What do you think’s gonna happen?  And besides, it’s not like their pipsqueak of a brother will be of any harm to us.

Armand Rougeau: Hey, you watch your mouth, tough guy or I’m gonna knock your lights out.

(Andre steps in front of Embry and shoves Armand, on the floor, who takes a few steps back. Even Jacques and Raymond are in shock at what Andre just did.)

Andre The Giant: 3 of you vs 3 of us tonight. We finish this tonight.

Eric Embry: See Jimmy, even Andre agrees with me! We’re gonna kick their ass tonight.

Jimmy Garvin: You’re right, Eric. Tonight, Rougeaus, we end this once and for all!

(The trio of Garvin, Embry & Andre leave the set as Jacques & Raymond help Armand back to his feet.)

Raymond: You damn right we gonna finish this tonight.

(The Rougeaus leave as well to a big pop.)

Guy Hauray: If we weren’t sure enough about where Andre’s loyalty lies, there you go.

Édouard Carpentier: We saw during the Great American Bash last Sunday that Andre pretty much is a gun for hire. Former NWA TV Champion Tom Prichard even hired Andre as his tag team partner and Andre was a major factor in he and Prichard getting the victory in their match. I don’t think who’s aligned with Andre is relevant going forward but the asset he can bring to some nefarious people in Lutte Internationale and the rest of the NWA is the big question.

Guy Hauray: Should be an intense night as we’re also scheduled to have a Steel Cage Match between Dory Funk Jr and Rip Oliver later tonight. Now, the cage isn’t here to contain necessarily the wrath of both Dory and Rip. We know that Dory has a huge US Heavyweight Championship match tomorrow night against Ted Dibiase in Quebec City and who knows what Dibiase can think about after the way War Games ended last Tuesday. For those unaware, things didn’t end up going exactly how the team  of The Freebirds, Terry Funk and the Awesome Twosme thought it would and Ted Dibiase was very outspoken how dissatisfied he was of Terry Funk’s performance in the match and that led to a pier-six brawl between the Funks and Dibiase’s crew. Dory Funk felt that Dibiase disrespected the Funks name and challenged him to a match in Quebec City. As for Rip Oliver, we know that his issues with Paul Jones are increasingly tense so the cage is to ensure that neither Dibiase or Paul Jones will get involved.

Édouard Carpentier: Either way, this will be an intense match because Dory Funk doesn’t want to head into his match vs Ted Dibiase with a loss 24 hours before. So he’ll have to put that aside quickly if that happens. We’re ready for our first match of the night so let’s get to it.

Match #1

Tommy Lane beat Keith Hart in 12:39 after a front suplex, however it looks like Keith Hart’s foot was under the bottom rope and referee André Roy didn’t see it. Postmatch, Keith Hart started arguing with the referee and refused to leave the ring. Eventually, the ref did but not Keith. Bruce Hart came for his scheduled match and tried to reason with Keith, who just shoved him and finally stepped out of the ring.

Match #2

MS-1 beat Bruce Hart in 6:45 after a roll-up with a handful of tights. After the match, Keith Hart, who was still at ringside, just looked at Bruce and walked away with a dejected look on his face.

***commercial break***

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to the show. Before the next match, please welcome Floyd Creatchman and the Nightmares.

(Floyd Creatchman comes out with The Nightmares to a mixed reaction.)

Guy Hauray: Floyd, last night, you got a measure of revenge on the Dangerous Alliance as your man right here, Ken Wayne, defeated Prince Alofa Fatu and as a result, Fatu has been shaved bald. Also, you took the opportunity to use One Man Gang to squash Paul E. and then, you cut some of his hair as well! You could’ve left things and it would’ve been even but you decided otherwise.

Floyd Creatchman: I could’ve decided otherwise but the truth and the matter is, it wouldn’t have been over regardless. Because had the roles been reversed, Paul E. Dangerously would’ve done the exact same thing I did. And perhaps worse. My father Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman taught me one valuable lesson when I broke into the business and that’s that the only way a war is finished is when your opponent is a broken man and has no will whatsoever. So, I might have taken some of Paul E. Dangerously’s dignity but the fact is that he’s still hanging around like the bad scent of a fart after you ate too many onions on your pizza. And that big Kokina Maximus is still lurking around but so is my 787, One Man Gang. And one day, those two behemoths will face off again. And I can assure you that if Paul E wants to get involved, what happened last night in Vancouver will repeat itself. Only this time, you’re gonna need a giant spatula to remove Paul E. Dangerously from the premises.

(Floyd Creatchman goes to the ring with Ken Wayne for Wayne’s scheduled match.)

Match #3

“Nightmare” Ken Wayne (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat the returning “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers in 7:54 with the Diving Leg Drop. Postmatch, Eric Embry and Jimmy Garvin ran in and attacked Somers, hitting him with a Spike Piledriver for no apparent reason...

****Commercial break***

While the cage is being set up for the next match, Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier run down the card for tomorrow night’s event at the Colisée in Quebec City

MAIN EVENT

NWA UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

Ted Dibiase (c) vs Dory Funk Jr

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Road Warriors (c) vs The Stud Stable (Ron & Robert Fuller)

NWA CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

“Maniac” Matt Borne (c) vs B. Brian Blair

SUBMISSION MATCH

Jacques Rougeau vs Jim Brunzell

Armand Rougeau vs Rick Martel

The Blond Outlaws (w/Paul E. Dangerously) vs The Rock N’ Roll RPMs

Richard Charland vs Satanico

Match #4

Steel Cage Match

Rip Oliver beat Dory Funk Jr by escaping the cage after slamming the door in Dory’s face!

Match #5

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion The Great Samu (without Paul E.) vs Chris Candido ends in a double knockout in 11:17. Towards the end of the match, the lights went out and when they came back on, a masked man was standing in the middle of the ring while both Samu & Candido were knocked out in the middle of the ring. Referee André Roy made the count and since no one answered the 10-count, the match was ruled a draw.

***Commercial break***

Guy Hauray: Before our main event gets under way, we have to wonder what just happened as a masked man stood in the middle of the ring and both The Great Samu and Chris Candido were knocked out, thus making this match a draw. And...I see Chris Candido coming our way. Chris, what just happened?

Chris Candido: What just happened is that one man robbed me of a win, a most important win. Now, don’t let the mask fool you, I knew exactly who it was. And I’m talking to you....Bob Armstrong!

Guy Hauray: Bob Armstrong? What the hell are you talking about? He’s in the Mid-South area right now.

Chris Candido: OH, PLEASE! THIS IS A TRAVESTY! DON’T YOU KNOW THAT THE OLD MAN USES A MASKED ALTER EGO CALLED THE BULLET? (Candido tries to calm down).... Well, you might not have been wearing the same mask, nor the same colors but I’m not an idiot, I know it was you, old man. So next week,  I want you inside the ring one-on-one and I won’t even need 10 minutes to beat you. And if I have to go all the way to the UWF and smack around those kids of yours to get your attention, I’ll do it. But, trust me, this is the only time you’ll do such a thing. And please, bring that mask of yours so I can shove it down your throat in the process!

(Chris Candido walks to the back.)

Édouard Carpentier: I think Chris Candido has been knocked loopy here. There’s no way this was Bob Armstrong!

Guy Hauray: Well, Bob Armstrong is scheduled to work our August 1 event in Calgary so perhaps if he hears in time what Chris Candido just said about him, he might show up either in Kingston for TV next week or Toronto the next night.  But when we come back, we’ll be ready for our huge main event!

******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #6

MAIN EVENT

6-Men Tag Team Match

The Rougeau Brothers beat Andre the Giant, “Gorgeous” Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry (w/Precious) in 41:51 with La Bombe Rougeau on Eric Embry. Things got heated when Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry accidentally double dropkicked Andre and tied him in the ropes towards the end of the match. When Andre got free, he got angry and headbutted both Jimmy Garvin & Eric Embry before leaving. Garvin & Embry fought as hard as they could but in the end, the tables got turned on them. After the match, as the Rougeaus celebrate, Jimmy Garvin and Eric Embry seem to be arguing in the ring when the International TV Champion Matt Borne shows up at the broadcast booth.

Matt Borne: Well, well, well....what was it that you said, gentlemen? All you needed was one shot, uh? I guess that you were wrong. But...wait, I take that back. You were right. It takes only one shot to screw up so bad you can suffer a lifetime of consequences. Well, guys, since you two are still around, I thought I should make it worth your while. You seem to be in the mood to settle some scores and I figured that ours, Gorgeous Jimmy, isn’t quite settled yet. So, with that in mind, I propose that you two face myself and my tag team partner in a Toronto Street Fight next Sunday at the CNE Coliseum. What say you?

Jimmy Garvin (taking the mic from the ring announcer): You’re dumber than I thought, Borne. We might not have come out victorious tonight but that’s because of that big oaf Andre the Giant who didn’t know how to be a team player. But Eric and I are a team and you’re still one man. So we’ll gladly face the one of you on August 3rd!

Matt Borne: Well, I gotta be honest here....I was gonna make that challenge to you two, regardless of what happened tonight. Turns out that the original plans called for me to challenge the both of you alone but after your buddy Embry had that brilliant idea tonight, I happen to have a partner for that Street Fight.

(Matt Borne turns to the entrance area and here comes.....”Pretty Boy” Doug Somers!  Jimmy Garvin is incensed at Eric Embry as the show ends with Somers standing side by side with Matt Borne while Garvin & Embry are throwing a hissy fit in the ring!)

101101carpentier-edouard-carte_g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!