Pro Wrestling Only

Lutte Internationale/International Wrestling July 1986

SirEdger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun show with lots of twists and turns. Ut Oh, looks like there's dissention in the Hart family. Doug Sommers returns but takes a spiked piledriver but Borne is going to help him get some payback. Creatchman has some strong words for Paul E. Rip Oliver gets a big win over Dory. Rip's on quite a roll. However, I think Dory will be more than ready to get his hands on Dibiase. Who is this masked man? I liked Candido getting some shine here. Great main event. One thing you don't want to do is make Andre mad, Garvin and Embry found that out. Fun while it lasted LOL. 

Loved the interview with Embry carrying his character from Texas over.  Can't wait for the main!  Keith and Bruce are certainly nowhere near the same page right now.  I liked Floyd Cretchman's interview a lot.  We have heard a lot from Paul E. but not as much from Floyd.  Embry and Garvin are really on a tear in Lutte.  The Ripper should stop by Portland and get his stretcher if he continues that behavior.  I wonder who the masked man was.  Bob Armstrong?  Not sold on that yet.  Main was great with Andre turning on Embry and Garvin.  Then we see their earlier transgression come back and bit them.  Great stuff.

July 27th, 1986

Colisée de Québec

-Satanico beat Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) in 9:51

-The Rock N' Roll RPMs beat The Blond Outlaws (w/Paul E. Dangerously, sporting a baseball cap) in 9:28 when Mike Davis pinned Hiro Saito

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Road Warriors beat The Stud Stable in 48:56 to retain after a Doomsday Device on Robert Fuller

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat B. Brian Blair in 3:09 to retain

Submission Match: Jim Brunzell beat Jacques Rougeau with a Boston Crab

-Armand Rougeau upsets Rick Martel in 7:02 with a small package

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship Falls Count Anywhere Match: Ted Dibiase beat Dory Funk Jr to retain

The shenanigans continue with Garvin/Embry.....great stuff! 

Intrigued with the masked man/Candido angle...Could Candido be correct in his assumption of Bob Armstrong, or might he be mistaken?

How is the NWA when you can watch a guy from Mid Atlantic settle a score with a guy from World Class in Lutte? Great match with Dibiase and Dory Jr.!

Like seeing Satanico and the RPMs getting wins.  Road Warriors are great as traveling champs.  Brunzell beating Rougeau with the crab is actually a big upset.  Armand's upset of Martel dwarfs that one though.  Ted continues his rise in the NWA and it has been incredibly entertaining wherever he goes.

Armand might of scored the upset of the year beating Martel. Brunzell making Jacques submit might be a close second. Bittersweet night for the Rougeaus. Stud Stable put up a fight but the Road Warriors retain. Road Warriors are becoming quite the NWA draw. Main event was a wild one. Dibiase just seems to always find a way to retain the US title. 

I love all the talent moving around among the promotions in the NWA. It makes everything truly unpredictable and creates the very real potential for a surprise to happen at any time.

I might have taken a few minutes from the Road Warriors match and added those minutes to Borne vs Blair, mainly because the latter sounds like a fun match-up.