Pro Wrestling Only

NWA World Wrestling Council July 1986

dawho5

Original Airdate: July 4th, 1986

The Batten Twins beat Mr. W & X with a double dropkick.

Dutch Mantell joined Rickin at the desk.  Dutch said that if Bobby Jaggers expected the match to be the end of things tomorrow night, he had another thing coming.  It didn't matter who bled, Dutch meant to make sure Jaggers ran back to Kansas after the beating he took.

Dutch beat El Vikingo with a gourdbuster.

TNT and El Profe were on the Sports Shop:

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard and Abdullah Tamba on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!!  This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks in wearing his custom suit and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  He picks up a microphone and sits down with an angry look on his face.

Chicky: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the most watched program in al of Puerto Rico, Chicky Starr's Sports Shop.  If you tuned and and kept watching after the show last week, you know that los Super Medicos blatantly cheated to get a win over yours truly in the main event.  You will all be releived to hear they did not win the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships, but the fact that they won at all is beyond ridiculous!

Chicky pauses to calm himself.

Chicky: Let's begin with their partner, Jos LeDuc.  I told you last week that he would be completely outclassed by my man Abdullah Tamba and he was.  So he felt the need to bully myself and Ronnie.  Your big lumberjack friend won't be around to help you tomorrow los Super Medicos!  You're starting to remind me of that coward Ricky Santana!  Jos LeDuc will pay for helping to humiliate me, don't doubt that.  And using a chair right in front of the referee, who counted the pin anyways?!?  I've always said the referees in the WWC area awful, but why did the man count me down after that blatant cheating?!?  I assure you, fans, that my lawyers have been spending the last week having this miscarriage of justice scrubbed from the history books.  Not that the WWC, our fair and impartial governing body, has deemed it necessary to help.

Chicky nods off-screen.

My guests today have their own scores to settle tomorrow night.  TNT and his manager, my friend, El Profe will be taking on a very old friend of mine in Gama Singh.

Profe and TNT sit down after Chicky shakes both their hands.

Chicky: Now I have to think you have something planned for Singh given that the stipulation to put you in a cage above the ring and give Singh 5 minutes with you if he loses was your idea.

Profe: I didn't think he was going to give me the match if I didn't sweeten the pot.  Gama Singh knew he got away with a cheap win in April and I didn't want to let him walk away with that being the end.  And, as I have been saying all along, my man TNT can beat Gama Singh with no help from me at all.  Easily.
Chicky: I have a lot of respect for TNT.  Gama Singh is no joke and has proved himself to be a threat in both matches with TNT.  Are you sure you can handle 5 minutes with Gama Singh if it comes to that?

Profe: Of course I can.  I have longer practice matches with my man TNT when we train and he is much more difficult to deal with than most pro wrestlers.  TNT is a 5th degree black belt in tae kwan do.  You just never know when you're going to be dealing with TNT the wrestler or when you will be seeing the martial arts.  With Gama Singh he's like facing any number of veteran pro wrestlers.

Chicky: Gama Singh has more than held his own with TNT, so I don't think he's as baffled as you imply.

Profe: Gama Singh is obsessed with proving that I am the wrong manager for TNT.  That may give him purpose, but it will be his downfall.

Chicky: You make a good point there.  He is a very focused man and wrestler, but you do have his attention.  And that can be an advantage if used right.

Profe: I always like coming on the Sports Shop because I don't have to explain everything to you.  What you were talking about before we started, did you need any help with that?

Chicky: Not just yet, you've got a lot on your plate.  I may take you up on that offer of help down the road though.

Profe: Always a planner. 

Chicky: I have to be.  I may be every bit the athlete that Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon are, but I have never been given the opportunities they have.  I have to make my own, just like you do.  We're out of time ladies and gentlemen.  You are welcome to watch the rest of the program, but the best part is over.

Chicky, Profe and TNT walk off set, Profe and Chicky deep in conversation.

(End Sports Shop)

Ricky Santana beat Armandito Salgado with a top rope crossbody.

Gama Singh was at the desk and thanked the fans for their support.  He wanted to let the fans know that he meant to break El Profe's jaw if given the chance, if only to shut the man up for a short time.  He put over TNT as a great competitor who had become involved with the wrong manager, but nobody keeps a manager who can't talk.

Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher beat los Tejanos efficiently with a Crusher bearhug.

Hercules Ayala came out to the desk and talked about his preparations for fighting a man like Bam Bam Bigelow.  He described the difficulty of fighting a man as big as Bam Bam with that much agility, but assured Rickin and the fans that he had ways of evening the odds.

Ayala beat Armandito Salgado with the reverse figure four leglock.

All three of the Invaders were at the desk.  Invader 3 was ready for his big match with NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit tomorrow night and told the fans he wanted nothing more than to capture a NWA title for them.  Invaders 1 & 2 talked about driving los Pastores from Puerto Rico or permanently injuring them because, in the words of Invader 1, "rabid animals sometimes have to be put down."

All 3 Invaders took on los Assassins and won with Invader 1 backdropping 3 on top of Assassin 1 after Invader 2 had hit him with a double throat chop.

Carlitos Colon came out for an interview and thanked the fans for all of their support.  He said he wouldn't have healed as fast without them and vowed to show his appreciation by avenging the attempt to blind him in Hira Bathorn tomorrow night.  He finished the interview saying that he was going to "take an eye for an eye."

Colon beat Domingo Robles with the figure four leglock to a roaring crowd.  The Caribbean Express, Ricky Santana, Hercules Ayala and los Invaders were all out to celebrate the return of Colon with the fans.

Either the first or second show after the July 5th extravaganza should be back to the normal format.  Mostly anyway.  Babyface interviews get a little tough to keep any variety going.  Heels you can just have them spew bullshit or get angry or both, whatever their personality dictates.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good last show build up to the July 5th extravaganza. Sports Shop was classic. LOL Chicky going on that cheating rant was hilarious. Hmmmm I wonder what's going on with him and Profe??? Dutch and Jaggers is going to be one heck of a brawl. Santana looks strong on TV as he prepares for Owen. I've said this before but the Gama/TNT feud has been a nice gem. Ayala sounds like he's ready for Bam Bam. The build to July 5th has been awesome. So much going on and to top it all off, we get the epic confrontation between Colon and Abdullah. The 'eye for an eye' comment guarantees a sold out stadium. 

WWC Great American Bash Tour
July 5th, 1986
Hiram Bithorn Stadium, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Victor the Bodyguard Debut
Victor the Bodyguard beat Mr. Y with a DDT.

The Batten Twins vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher
The Battens were getting the worst of the match early, with lots of good teamwork from Boyd and the Crusher.  A miscommunication between Boyd and the Crusher opened the door for a comeback.  The Battens showed their own teamwork and had the Crusher on the ropes.  Barrabas jumped up on the apron to distract Bart Batten, allowing Crusher to get a reverse bearhug on Bart.  Boyd hit his three point clothesline as the illegal man, then knocked Brad off the apron as the Crusher covered for 3.

Barrabas had his men attack after the bell, but the Caribbean Express were quick to make the save and help the Battens to their feet.  Barrabas and his men had some garbage thrown their way on their way to the back.

Tony St. Clair vs. Tiger Jeet Singh
Invader 1 came out with Tony St. Clair and the two shook hands befoer Invader 1 headed to the back.  Singh charged the ring, sword in hand, for his entrance, but St. Clair was quick to stomp away at him on his way into the ring.  St. Clair ended up with the sword and bashed it over Singh's head several times, busting him open.  Singh retreated outside the ring and referee Tomas Marin got the sword away from St. Clair.  The two men brawled all over ringside with anything and everything being used as a weapon.  A bloodied St. Clair emerged the winner by countout after repeatedly ramming Singh's head into the post and rolling into the ring at Marin's 8 count.  

Both men brawled to the back with Marin unable to determine what to do with Singh's bloodied sword in the ring.

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers, First Blood, Foreign Object Use Causing Immeidiate DQ
This one started in the entrance aisle as Dutch ran up behind Jaggers.  Jaggers was ready though, and the brawl was on.  Both men used fingernails and teeth to try and bust the other open.  Both tried using the mat in the ring, forcibly dragging the other's face back and forth.  They also threw a lot of punches.  Jaggers collapsed in the corner after a particularly vicious Dutch bite and grabbed his forehead.  While referee Ricky Vargas tried to check on the uncooperative Jaggers, Austin Idol ran out and came from behind Dutch Mantell to hit him from behind.  Idol produced a set of brass knuckles and hit Mantell several times in the forehead and rolled him on his stomach before quickly rolling out of the ring and hiding under it.  Vargas noticed Mantell was down and looked for the culprit while Jaggers recovered quickly and started biting Dutch's already bleeding forehead after rolling him over.  Vargas saw the blood and called for the bell.

Following the match, Idol and Jaggers started in on Dutch before Ricky Santana and Jos LeDuc came running down to the ring.  Jaggers and Idol retreated to massive boos and a hail of garbage.

Kerry and Kevin Von Erich vs. WCCW Texas Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk and Dory Funk
Terry Funk got a LOT of boos on his way to the ring.  He didn't make matters any better when he grabbed Hugo Savinovich at ringside and gave an impromptu interview.  The Von Erichs came out with the Caribbean Express and hands were shaken.   This one was a wild brawl with Terry bumping like a maniac.  The Von Erichs started hot, beating both of the Funks across the ring and the infield.  Dory took over after Terry low blowed Kevin and slowed things WAY down as Terry badmouthed the Von Erichs and the crowd.  Terry was already bleeding all over after the shine and he made sure Kevin shared his fate.  Terry also busted Kerry open on the apron using his WCCW Texas championship belt.  The Von Erichs made their comeback after a tag to Kerry.  Terry got hung over the middle rope using one of the A/V cables around ringside by Kevin.  This after Terry tried climbing up the cage that will hold El Profe above the ring in a later match and Kevin bashed his head into it.  He also managed to crotch himself brutally on the top rope after climbing to the top when Kevin shook the ropes.  Kevin hit Dory with a missile dropkick to send him flying out of the ring and Kerry hit the discus punch on Terry for the cover.

Dory collected Terry, who was swearing bloody revenge as garbage rained down on the Funk brothers.  The Von Erichs were in the ring celebrating to a very good crowd reaction.

(Intermission)

Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr vs. Jos LeDuc
Leduc's power advantage and Tamba's quickness were the story here.  When one could exploit their strength they would control the match.  It went back and forth a few times, with LeDuc finally able to set Tamba up for the one handed backbreaker.  Starr jumped on the apron and was quickly knocked to the floor by LeDuc.  Tamba took advantage and rushed LeDuc, hitting him several times before knocking him out of the ring with a big throat thrust.   A tope was quick to follow, with Chicky Starr having to scramble to get out of the way at the last moment.  LeDuc was counted out by referee Victor Quinonez, giving Tamba the win.

After the match, Chicky cut a short promo talking about Abdullah Tamba's superiority over Jos LeDuc.  Starr and Tamba were bombarded with garbage on their way out with LeDuc recovering and following them to the back while the crowd cheered him on.

Owen Hart vs. Ricky Santana (C) for the WWC Light Heavyweight Championship
Santana got the biggest pop of the night so far, with the Von Erichs win not far behind.  Santana started hot with his babyface offense, but Owen used every dirty trick to slow his momentum.  He went to the eyes multiple times and complained about hair-pulling constantly.  Owen never ventured far from the ropes and used them often.  He also retreated to the floor several times.  A frustrated Santana finally made a mistake, missing a dropkick after sending Owen to the ropes.  Owen took full advantage and cut Santana's comebacks off with even more cheating, including to a low blow in full view of referee Ricky Vargas.  Santana made his comeback, hitting his own low blow right in front of the referee.  Owen rolled out, but Santana hit a plancha to the crowd's delight.  Santana didn't get Owen in the ring fast enough as the Canadian reversed an attempt at running him into the post.  Owen went under the ring and found what looked to be the riding crop both Dutch Mantell and Bobby Jaggers famously use and nailed Santana several times with it, busting him open.  He rammed Santana's back into the ring before rolling him in and covering.  Vargas refused to count and Owen obliged him by sending Santana off the ropes and hitting a beautiful belly to belly then climbing up top.  The missile dropkick connected and Owen Hart covered to become the new Light Heavyweight Champion.

After the match, Chicky Starr came out and congratulated Owen Hart.  He held up Owen's arm in victory after spitting on Ricky Santana.  The two were showered with garbage on their way to the back.

(A reminder here, the Express are going after los Mercenarios because they cost the Express a match against the Starrs in the tournament that the Starrs eventually won to become champs.)
The Caribbean Express vs. Los Mercenarios
The Express came out second, which led to a brawl on the infield as los Mercenarios had no interest in keeping things in the ring.  Things didn't go the Express' way outside the ring, but when the match spilled back in the ring they used their smooth teamwork and quick tags to their advantage.  Los Mercenarios tried baiting the Express out of the ring several times, but the young team waited out referee Tomas Marin's 10 count.  Chicky Starr came out, which got the attention of Miguelito Perez.  Castillo tried to help him regain his focus, but that led to Castillo being shoved into Perez, knocking their heads together.  Perez fell to ringside from the apron and Mercenario 1 tied him up in the AV cable.  Los Mercenarios double teamed Castillo for a short time before Mercenario 1 hit a rib breaker and Mercenario 2 hit a running splash for the three count.

An enraged Miguelito Perez, who had just missed interrupting the pinfall, was after both Mercenarios with a vengeance.  Los Mercenarios cleared the ring and headed for the back, Perez checking on Castillo.

Jacques Rougeau vs. Keith Hart w/Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle
Keith Hart also had Owen Hart come out with him.  The two shared an embrace, which drew the reaction you think it did from the fans.  Jacques had Bruce Hart with him on his way to the ring and Bruce looked to be staying around.  Keith was incensed by this, audibly demanding why his brother was here.  Jacques had a few words to say to Don Kernodle before turning his attention to Keith.  The match is back and forth with no clear advantage between the two veterans.  Keith gets the advantage after Jacques turns his attention to Kernodle for too long and tries for the sharpshooter, but Jacques makes the ropes.  A side suplex from Keith and he looks ready to try again, but Bruce Hart gets his attention from ringside and Jacques sneaks in a schoolboy for the 3 count.

Kernodle and Keith Hart try to attack after the bell, but Bruce and Jacques are ready for it and send Kernodle and Keith out of the ring.  Jacques makes the belt motion at Kernodle as he and Keith Hart retreat to the locker room.

(Intermission 2)

TNT vs. Gama Singh, El Profe in a cage above the ring, Gama Singh gets 5 minutes alone in the ring with Profe if he wins
Singh is out first.  TNT comes out with El Profe, who has some words for Singh before he is ut in the cage.  The match goes much ad their previous encounters, TNT winning the striking battle and Singh able to get the advantage when in close and grappling.  Singh takes advantage with a big vertical suplex and side slam. He continues his advantage, working over TNT's back.  TNT comes back with his overhand chops to the forehead and neck, mixing in big throat thrusts and a spinning roundhouse kick that gets him a very close 2 count.  Gama Singh fires up in the corner and chops TNT to the center of the ring.  A slam and an elbow drop from the second rope give Singh a close nearfall.  TNT hits a throat thrust on Singh and both men are down.  Profe drops something from the cage and Singh is the first to it.  He is puzzled by it and that distracts him long enough for TNT to hit a superkick.  TNT locks in the cobra dinamita and referee Ricky Vargas calls for the bell.  

Profe orders TNT to keep the hold on and he does.  He picks up the object he dropped and shows the fans that it is a piece of garbage they had thrown at him.  It takes some time for help to get to the ring in the form of a bandaged up Dutch Mantell and Ricky Santana.  By this time Singh is foaming at the mouth and neither Dutch nor Santana can bring him back to consciousness.  Singh is stretchered to the back by medical personnel.

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships
The Starrs were out first and used the advantage to attack.  Medico 3 took the brunt of the assault in the ring after the initial rush.  Medico 1 took the tag and cleaned house, hitting his signature punch combination on both Starrs.  Los Super Medicos used teamwork to isolate Chicky for a while.  Chicky capitalized on a mistimed tag and got the tag to Ron, who was able to get some offense in on Super Medico 3.  Medico 3 made a short comeback, but got sent into the wrong corner.  Ron stayed in view of referee Victor Quinonez so he didn't see Chicky low blow Medico 3 while he was in the corner, then rolled Medico 3 up in an inside cradle for the 3 count.

Los Primos Starr exited the ring immediately and grabbed their titles as Medico 1 charged them after the bell.  The crowd was merciless in pelting Ron and Chicky Starr with garbage, but both seemed to enjoy it.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Hercules Ayala (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship
Both wrestlers got a very good reaction, Ayala getting more crowd support.  Bam Bam didn't seem worried about this, just stayed focused on his opponent.  Bigelow used his agility advantage early and cemented it by using his power offense.  Ayala weathered the storm and went after Bigelow's leg with everything he had.  Bigelow fought back with power offense and big headbutts, but it was looking like the veteran Ayala had the strategy for beating him.  Bigelow powered Ayala over with a powerslam after sending him off the ropes and got a close nearfall.  He came up limping and Ayala went after the knee desperately.  He almost got the reverse figure four on, but Bigelow powered through and kicked him off into the corner.  A running corner splash by Bigelow left Ayala on the mat.  Bigelow slammed him in the center of the ring and hit a running senton for the three count to become the Caribbean Champion.

Bigelow came up slowly, limping on the leg Ayala had worked.  He helped Ayala to his feet and held up Ayala's arm before shaking his hand.  The two men left the ring with Ayala helping hold Bigelow up occasionaly on the way to the back.  The fans were wildly behind both men as they returned to the back.

Invader 3 vs. Chris Benoit (C) for the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship
The match began with a handshake between the two competitors.  It was fast-paced action with a lot of reversals and cutting edge wrestling.  Things got a little heated when Benoit hit some very loud chops on Invader 3, which brought out the fire in the masked Puerto Rican.  His uppercuts were a match for the Canadian's chops and elbows, leaving both on one knee.  Invader 3 hit his dropkick and a vertical suplex, then went into several odd lucha-based submissions.  Benoit chopped his way back into the match, doubling Invader 3 over with a boot tothe midsection and snapping him over with a suplex.  Benoit followed with a dropkick and used a few roll-ups to try for the pinfall, but came just short.  Invader 3 rolled outside the ring and Benoit went to the top rope, jumping off with a crossbody onto Invader 3 outside the ring.  He rolled Invader 3 back in the ring and covered, but Invader 3 barely kicked out.  Invader 3 hit a few roll-ups for nearfalls before Benoit took over again and sent him into the corner.  A corner lariat missed and Invader 3 monkey flipped Benoit back to the center of the ring.  An amrdrag by Invader 3 set up a dropkick that sent Benoit to the outside.  Invader 3's bullet tope sent Benoit back first into the guard rail.  Benoit was rolled back into the ring and Invader 3 slammed him down.  He climbed up top and hit the cannonball (top rope flip senton) for the three count.  Invader 3 is the new NWA Light Heavyweight Champion!

Benoit and Invader 3 are both slow to get up and they shake hands after Invader 3 raises Benoit's arm for the crowd.  Benoit makes his way back to cheers.  The Caribbean Express, Ricky Santana, Invader 2, Invader 1, Hercules Ayala and Carlitos Colon join Invader 3 in the ring as the crowd celebrates his victory with him.

(Intermission 3)

Los Invaders (1 & 2) vs. Los Pastores, Street Fight
This one was wall to wall brawling all around the baseball stadium infield.  Early on a few fans threw punches at Butch while he was laying on the announce table and had to be moved back by the military police with their batons at ringside.  After this a ring of MPs followed the action around.  Everything not nailed down ended up being used, all four men bled.  Even things that were fixed, like the solid barriers to keep the crowd in the stands, got used.  Invader 1 and 2 hit stereo throat thrusts to the delight of the fans.  Butch and Luke headed for the hills with los Invaders hot on their heels, the crowd cheering them as they chased the foreign menace to the back.

Rick Martel vs. Nikita Koloff (C) for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Extra security was led out by men in suits who sat down near ringside before the match.  Nikita and Uncle Ivan came out to little reaction.  Rick Martel got a HUGE pop even before he turned around and appeared to have a short argument with Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon.  The two Puerto Ricans relented and all three shook hands before they continued to the ring.  Nikita quickly got heat with the fans after he took advantage of Martel's worn down neck and laid into him.  Martel made a big comeback and got the Quebec crab on, but Nikita did a pushup and made the ropes.  Martel, not to be denied in front of the frenzied WWC crowd, hit a back suplex and went for the crab again only for Nikita to use his leg strength and flip Martel over.  Nikita wears Martel down with a bearhug before hitting the ropes and decking him with a Russian Sickle.  Not satisfied with one, he immediately follows with another.  Nikita goes to pose for the crowd, who are throwing garbage at him like he's Chicky Starr.  Colon and Invader 1 hit the ring and stand between Nikita and the downed Martel.  Nikita turns around after motioning for another Sicle, only to see Colon and Invader 1 in his way.  Nikita advances towards the two Puerto Ricans, who don't budge but don't move forward either, and a host of MPs rushes the ring.  Referee Ricky Vargas calls for the bell as Nikita starts tossing MPs around, sending a few over the top rope.  He hits a few big Russian Sickles as well, but the sheer amount of people pins Nikita in the corner as Ivan protests.

Invader 1 and Colon get Martel out of the ring and he is able to stand on his own, holding his neck, after the 2 Sickles.  Colon and Invader 1 have to keep moving Martel towards the exit as Ivan fumes at the NWA officials over this treatment of the champ.

Carlitos Colon vs. Abdullah the Butcher (C) for the WWC Universal Championship
The fans are ready for a fight, but this one starts slow.  Abdullah tries to brawl with Colon, but Colon is far too fired up.  Abdullah tries leaning on Colon in the corner repeatedly, while Colon's purpose is singular.  Attack Abdullah's left eye any way possible.  Colon finally has enough of Abdullah fighting back and punts him downstairs before going to town on the eye.  Colon produces HIS OWN FORK and starts stabbing Abby in the eye.  Blood from the attack gets all over the ringside camera lens and stays there the rest of the match.  Which consists of mainly Colon beating the shit out of Abby's eye any way he can.  Referee Ricky Vargas tries to keep things under control when Colon grabs a wooden chair, but takes a short shot to the stomach for his trouble.  Abdullah takes a few to the head before Colon is done.  The doctor comes out to check on Abdullah's eye after he has stopped fighting back, but Abdullah pushes him away and Colon continues his assault.  One of the NWA officials at ringside finally gets involved and calls the match over, Colon the winner.  

Colon isn't satisfied and tosses Vargas aside, continuing the assault on Abdullah.  Abby rolls out of the ring and tries to escape, but Colon is all over him.  Chicky comes out to distract Colon, but goes down immediately after a big right hook from Colon and Colon is chasing Abby down to the fans delight.  Colon is put on the shoudlers of the fans who have been walking along with the action after Abby retreats to the back and paraded around in front of the dugouts by the fans as the crowd goes nuts.

Video Daily Double here.

The main event because I couldn't have scripted Colon's vengeance any better: 

And if you were wondering about Terry's promo, just insert something about the Funks instead of Colon in this one: 

WOW. A fantastic event from top to bottom. Loved the creativity you used in the First Blood Match, considering that neither Jaggers or Dutch could use a weapon to draw first blood. Big momentum shifts in both Light Heavyweight title matches. If you thought Owen was insufferable before, wait now that he's got the WWC Light Heavyweight title. And I don't know if anyone here will ever be able to match the intensity of the double main event. Vintage WWC booking and I enjoyed every moment of it! :)

The long awaited Great American Bash card has arrived and wow did it ever go above and beyond expectations! 

I liked Victor opening the show with an impressive debut.

Boyd and Crusher get back into the tag ranks with a solid win over the Battens. 

St. Clair and Singh take their heated rivalry over here. St. Clair gets the C.O. but I don't think this feud is over. 

Dutch and Jaggers was every bit the fight I thought it would be. WOW, Austin Idol runs in and helps Jaggers get the win. I'm sure Dutch is going to want some old fashion revenge. This is what I love about territories. Idol is a top face in Mid Atlantic but a hated heel here. Great stuff.

Von Erich's and Funks brought their craziness here and man was it crazy. Terry's pre match promo was classic. Loved the wild finish and it seems the Von Erich's really got over with the crowd. 

Tamba and Leduc was a fun match. Tamba might of got the C.O. victory but I don't think Leduc is done with him or Chicky.

Owen and Santana was high flying and non stop action with some intense heel work by Owen. Owen wins the title! Chicky comes out to congratulate him. I guess aligning with Chicky has paid off for Owen. Looking forward to more of this relationship.

Mercenarios beat the Caribbean Express in a chaotic match. Chicky is everywhere tonight but his interference and distractions are paying off for his guys. I can tell the fans are happy about this LOL. 

I really liked the Jacques/Keith match. Bruce and Kernodle added so much to this. The finish was perfect and sets up Jacques/Kernodle so well. 

The gem I was waiting for as TNT takes on Gama. The match lived up to expectations and I loved the back and forth battle. Even from up top in a cage, Profe manages to determine the outcome. I liked the finish because it elevates TNT to another level. Gama really put him and his finisher over well and then even does the stretcher job. That was a great blow off.

Medicos and Starrs was a fun fast paced match. Starrs retain but were showered with trash. Chicky is way beyond heat level. 

Battle of the power guys as Ayala and Bam Bam have a hard hitting contest here. Bam Bam wins the belt, in sort of a passing of the torch match. Love the display of sportsmanship afterwards. 

Nice contrast from the last match, as Invader 3 and Benoit go at it for the NWA Light heavyweight title.  This is one of those show stealing matches as these guys put on a classic. Invader 3 wins the title! Great match and Invader 3 should be a fun champion. 

The Invaders/Pastores fight was literally insane! Fans getting involved, police with batons, just a wild scene! It doesn't look like these teams are finished with each other.

Next up we get an eagerly awaited NWA World Title rematch between Nikita and Martel. I wonder what the argument between Martel, Invader 1 and Colon was about? Martel has been pretty beaten up lately but gives Nikita a good fight. Nikita looks strong at the end with 2 sickles. Man, it looked like Nikita was ready to take on the entire stadium. I have to say, Nikita has had a strong showing at the Bash cards. In one week he's defended against Idol, Magnum and Martel. Who can dethrone this monster???

After all of this, it's the grudge match of all grudges. This match was perfect booking as Colon just takes it to Abby and goes after the eye, even using a fork of his own. The Doctor stopping the match just shows how crazy Colon was on revenge and that he succeeded in achieving that. It's obvious the fans loved this as Colon gets a hero's celebration with the crowd. That was an awesome way to end the show and send the fans home very happy.

You did an excellent job and this card exceeded all the hype. It had something for everyone and the ending was so well done. 

The NWA must be ecstatic as WWC represents with a very successful Great American Bash show! 

And the Bash continues to roll on in a major way!  

• Nice start for Victor the Bodyguard
  • Boyd and Crusher would be a perct fit for WCCC as they are violent times 10.
  • I will admit that I know little of TOny St. Clair but he is becoming a major brawler here in two promotions of late.  Tiger Jeet is also a nice fit for WCCW here.
  • Idol makes his mark as a big heel here in WCCW and it will be interesting to see how this plays out with his babyface run in MACW.  Idol is one of those guys who can go either way.
  • Funks vs VonErichs in the  middle of the card shows you how great this show was.
  • Tamba and LeDuc would be one of the highlights for me.  YOu mentioned his quickness...  I have not seen many of his matches.  Was he noted for this?

Will finish later as I have to go out

Continued from before

• Owen is a nice fit as the Light Heavyweight Champion.  Even though he is only 21, wrestlingdata.com had him winning 127 matches in 1986; granted working for Dad helps but historically, he is more than ready
  • The Caribbean Express vs. Los Mercenarios:  to me, the perfect WWC match as the brawl started before them match.  I could see the fans going wild.
  • I think Bigelow makes a great champion anywhere and the match with Hercules was fantastic.
  • Benoit is a lot like Owen Hart in that he can do so much at such a young age but Invader 3 gives a nice local flare to the NWA Lightweight belt.  Good choice here.
  • The Invaders chasing Butch and Luke and the fans cheering them on was a perferct ending for this one.  I could see this feud growing or ending so I am eager as what comes next here.
  • Poor Rick Martel.  He just keeps eating Sickles!  As for the end, Colon vs any NWA Champ would work in WWC.  You should use them more.  I think the Road Warrios style would go over big also.
  • Well the story line doesn;t change much for Colon and Abbie in each match, historically anyway, it always works!  A Great Main Event.

Was wondering what the bell time was here and the ticket price as 16 huge matches was an awesome display of not only WWC but the entire NWA.  Thanks for doing som much work here and I really enjoyed it.

Gosh you've got SO much going on here and everyone has said it all with WWC and just how vital it is to the NWA right now. I love Owen winning the title as he is one I have enjoyed following down here in WWC.  The Von Erich and Funk match was also a highlight for me as they are almost Gaijin down in PR which is something I always like to see.  I can imagine seeing some huge heat for the Nikita contest only to be followed up by Colon and Abby. Funny story... I started a 1980 TEW game and in the game Carlos Colon died in June of 1980 and I just thought about what the world of wrestling would look like if he had died at that time. Could someone else take his place to make PR as big as it was? Does Brody ever go down there to be murdered? Some really interesting stuff in regards to Colon's place in history. 

Epic Bash event! Not a lot I can add to everything that's been said but here's the personal highlights to me.

Crusher and Boyd have kind of been in limbo since dropping the Six Man belts but this is a great win for them on a huge show that should put them back in contention.

Owen Hart vs. Ricky Santana has been one of the top feuds in WWC and this is another great twist with Owen winning the Lightheavyweight title and having plenty to gloat about on the next TV.  I love that Chicky came out to celebrate as well.

Great showing for the Funks and Von Erichs here in Puerto Rico....Terry Funk was made for WWC!

I love the First Blood Match with Mantel and Jaggers, great seeing Idol show up to play off the previous angle earlier this year.

Invader 3/Benoit was a great match and Invader 3 will make for a versatile champion to be heel or baby whatever the title defense/territory may call for.

BamBam/Ayala was the match I was most excited about Hercules Ayala made a great champion but Bigelow is really on his way to being an even bigger star sooner than he did IRL which is really saying something

TNT/Gama was a great match and I look forward to seeing either of these guys challenging Bigelow down the line.

Nikita just looks stronger and stronger with each title defense....poor Martel has really taken some punishment from the big Russian, can anyone stop him??

What better Main Event can you have in Puerto Rico than Abby vs. Carlos...great story with Carlos going for revenge for the eye injury and it's far from over.

17 hours ago, kevinmcfl said:

Was wondering what the bell time was here and the ticket price as 16 huge matches was an awesome display of not only WWC but the entire NWA.  Thanks for doing so much work here and I really enjoyed it.

Bell time would have had to be 3:00 in the afternoon.  Most of your PR matches don't run longer than 12-15 minutes, which works given the more brawl-oriented nature of the style.  Main would have run a little longer, probably the NWA LHW title too.  So you're looking at a 4.5 to 5 hour show, which is the reason for all of the intermissions.

Original Airdate: July 11th, 1986

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr,  Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays.  Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta
Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre
Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another week of incredible World Wrestling Council action lucha libre fans.  Tonight we have a lot to talk about.

Hugo: A lot happened in Hiram Bithorn Stadium!

Rickin: That is no exaggeration at all.  We have to talk about Carlitos Colon's victory over Abdullah the Butcher.

Hugo: I've never seen Abdullah the Butcher beaten so badly!  

Rickin: Carlitos Colon is not, however, the Universal Champion.  The NWA official present during the match ruled that his actions after the match were too much and the title has been held up.

Hugo: Obviously nobody has ever tried to blind them!

Rickin: I tend to agree with you on that.  The return match has been signed for the Universal Title.  That match will be a fire match in Pachins Vincens Stadium, Ponce on September 20th.  There can be no disqualifications and there is no time limit.

Hugo: What a great match to start off that card!!  I don't know if Colon can handle Abdullah in that kind of match though!

Rickin: I'm sure Carlitos will hold his own.  The other match we have to mention at the top is TNT and Gama Singh.  TNT held the cobra dinamita on well after the match and the news I have been hearing is that we won't be seeing Gama Singh anytime soon.

Hugo: That hold is dangerous!

Rickin: It is, and the WWC has backed up their statement about injuring other wrestlers for the long term.  TNT has been suspended for a month and cannot hold a title for another 5 months after he returns.

Hugo: As much as I hate to admit it, El Profe is a smart man.  He knew the consequences going in and had his man do it anyway.  Sometimes making a statement is more important.

Rickin: I can't imagine many wrestlers are looking forward to TNT's return.  When a wrestler has a hold like that in his arsenal, it must instill a little fear in the other wrestlers.

Hugo: You definitely have to know about it going into a match.  And have different ways to counter it.  If you don't, you're in for a bad night.

Rickin: We will touch on more events of last Saturday as we go on with the show.  Tonight we will see the Batten Twins and the Caribbean Express in tag team action.  

Hugo: Both teams had tough losses last week.

Rickin: Tough losses very much due to the manager of the opposing team.

Hugo: You have to know how to stay focused, even with someone on the outside interfering!

Rickin: True enough.  Ricky Santana and Jos LeDuc will be in singles action tonight.

Hugo: Also looking to bounce back!

Rickin: Chicky Starr was very active in Hiram Bithorn last week.  He made his presence felt in more than one match.

Hugo: Yes, but I bet he wishes he hadn't gotten in between Colon and Abdullah the Butcher!

Rickin: I can imagine that being the case.  Barrabas will be out to the desk, as will Owen Hart.

Hugo: I know you are going to enjoy those conversations!

Rickin: .....Chicky Starr will host Abdullah the Butcher in his Sports Shop tonight.  No doubt an opportunity for Chicky to complain about the injustices done to himself and Abdullah last week.

Hugo: Carlitos gave Abdullah a beating no man could ever forget!  But then again, he had his reasons.

Rickin: Yes he did.  If a man tried to blind you, how would you react?

Hugo: Hire Abdullah the Butcher and Bam Bam Bigelow to break him!

Rickin: That seems about right.  Los Invaders will stop by the desk before our main event.  That main event will see Hangman Bobby Jaggers teaming with los Primos Starr against Dutch Mantell and los Super Medicos.

Hugo: What a great match!  I doubt it will be in the referee's control for very long!!

Rickin: I doubt that very much also.  After what happened last week, both Dutch and los Super Medicos have every right to be angry.  The WWC has signed rematches of both los Primos Starr against los Super Medicos for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships and Dirty Dutch Mantell against Hangman Bobby Jaggers, this match in a cage, for September 20th.

Hugo: I'm sure Chicky is thrilled about that!

Rickin: Yet another thing for the man to complain about on the Sports Shop.

Hugo: And Dutch against Bobby Jaggers in a cage?!?  I'm not sure that will go well for either man!

Rickin: One man will have to come out victorious.  It looks like the Batten Twins are on their way to the ring.  They look 100% tonight, which they can thank the Caribbean Express for.

Hugo: Those two teams have been saving one another over the past few months!

Rickin: It's good to have allies when there are men out there like Barrabas searching for every advantage they can find.

Hugo: Every advantage counts!  I know you don't like it, but it's true.  If nothing else that is what you should take away from what happened at Hiram Bithorn!

Rickin: Only nothing was settled, with the exception of TNT injuring Gama Singh with the cobra dinamita.  The Batten Twins are still ready to fight and I doubt they are done trying to prove Barrabas wrong.

Hugo: They have yet to show me they can!  Maybe they have great teamwork going their way.  Are they good enough to beat the size advantage of Boyd and the Crusher?

Rickin: Heart and determination can go a long way.  That has been proven many times by Carlitos Colon and Invader 1.  Referee Ricky Vargas has called for the bell, here we go.

Los Assassins vs. The Batten Twins

The Batten twins use teamwork and quick tags to control the match.  Assassin 2's comeback is cut off by a few right hands from Bart Batten.  The Battens hit a double dropkick for the three count.

The Batten Twins by pinfall in 5:21 with a double dropkick

Rickin: The Batten Twins look like they haven't lost any confidence after their loss to Boyd and the Crusher.

Hugo: It was a close match.

Rickin: And the deciding factor was not Boyd or the Crusher.  When we return I'll be talking to Barrabas and the Caribbean Express will be in the ring.  Don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 0:00 - 10:00

Rickin: Welcome back fans, I am joined by Barrabas and his tag team, Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher.  

Barrabas: And I'm waiting for you to tell me how these two men didn't really beat the Batten Twins.

Rickin: They were doing well until you jumped up on the apron and distracted them.

Barrabas: Then maybe they should learn to pay attention to the matter at hand and not somebody on the apron who isn't a part of the fight!  These two men displayed great teamwork and wrestling ability.  And they won the match, but I guess that's not enough for you!

Rickin: I have never once questioned Jonathan Boyd or the Crusher's abilities as wrestlers or a team.  I would like point out that the Battens showed great teamwork of their own to counter your team's attack.

Barrabas: I'd say they are a second rate team and clearly inferior to Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher.  Who was it celebrating after the 1, 2, 3?  

Rickin: Good teams lose matches.  Your team has lost matches and I think nothing less of them for it.  I would note that the losses your team has taken happened without the benefit of a manager at ringside to turn the tide in the favor of your opponents as well.

Barrabas: That...is unexpected.  I think it's a good time to end the interview.  It's not often I get a compliment from Rickin Sanchez!  When you talk to the Battens, remember both of them will need a shoulder to cry on.

Barrabas, Boyd and the Crusher walk away from the desk to boos and some garbage being thrown.

Rickin: That was less unpleasant than anticipated.

Hugo: He seemed like he was almost in a good mood!

Rickin: Indeed.  I suppose winning will do that.

Hugo: It will!!

Rickin: The Caribbean Express are on their way to the ring.  It seems the crowd is happier to see them than Barrabas and his team.

Hugo: Perez and Castillo have been gaining a lot of fans lately!

Rickin: I'd guess that breaking from Miguel Perez Sr. and forging their own path has something to do with it.

Hugo: These fans LOVE Miguel Perez Sr.!  I found that out the hard way.

Rickin: I watched you find that out.  And I agree, but a man can live off of his father only so long.  Castillo and Perez are both second generation wrestlers, but they have to make their own way.  I think the crowd respects that choice.

Hugo: Even if they have taken some tough losses!

Rickin: I think if you talked to Miguel Sr. or Commissioner Castillo they would readily admit they had their tough losses as well.

Hugo: We all did!

Rickin: Exactly.  And it doesn't look like the Caribbean Express is ready to lay down and give up just yet.

Hugo: That is an important thing to have!  I had my share of setbacks, but I always kept going.

Rickin: Not always in a way I agreed with, but that is true.  The Caribbean Express is in the ring and referee Tomas Marin is calling for the bell.

Los Tejanos vs. The Caribbean Express

The Express use their smooth teamwork and quick tags to keep control.  Tejano 1's comeback is cut off by a Perez powerslam.  He tags Castillo, who climbs up top.  Perez picks Tejano up for a vertical suplex and Castillo comes flying off the top with a crossbody for the three count.

The Caribbean Express by pinfall in 5:17 with a suplex/flying crossbody combo

Rickin: The Caribbean Express bounce back from their loss to los Mercenarios with a win.

Hugo: They had los Mercenarios on the ropes in that match too!

Rickin: They did, but Chicky Starr knows they want to get to him.  And he made his presence known.

Hugo: It's hard to ignore Chicky!

Rickin: I will admit, that's true.  Up next we will see Chicky Starr in his Sports Shop and Ricky Santana will be in action.  You don't want to miss it.

(Commercial Break) 10:00 - 17:30

Rickin: It's time for Hugo's favorite part of the show.

Hugo: Let's go to Chicky's Sports Shop!!

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard, Abdullah Tamba and Abdullah the Butcher on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!!  This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks in wearing his athletic gear and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  His left eye is black and blue.  He picks up a microphone and sits down with an angry look on his face.

Chicky: As you can see ladies and gentlemen, my guest this week is Abdullah the Butcher.  I have good news and I have bad news.  You will have to forgive me for getting the bad news out of the way first.  Look closely at Abdullah the Butcher.  The man has been beaten up.  His left eye is a mess.  Carlitos Colon went into that match with one goal in mind, to take the use of that eye away from Abdullah the Butcher.  Much to Carlitos Colon's regret, Abdullah is a very tough man and retains the use of the eye.  I talked to the WWC about this flagrant disrespect shown the policy they put forward on injuring other wrestlers and do you KNOW what they told me?!?

Chicky pauses and calms down.

Chicky: They said that Abdullah the Butcher tried to blind Carlitos Colon with ammonia.  And that any attack on Abdullah this soon after the recovery is to be expected.  I know very well that if the situation was reversed, Abdullah the Butcher would be on the receiving end of very heavy fines.  But this is the nonsense I have come to expect from the WWC.  Also, Carlitos Colon gave ME a black eye when I happened to be in the vicinity.  I don't recall attacking Colon once during that match, yet he felt it was necessary to attack me when Abdullah the Butcher started running away.  The WWC told me, "You stuck your nose where it didn't belong one too many times."  Can you believe THAT?!?

Chicky again pauses and walks a slow circle around his chair.

Chicky: Now on to the good news.  The best comes first.  As a result of his conduct during and after that match, Carlitos Colon is not the WWC Universal Champion.  The NWA officials in attendance ruled that he went too far and is undeserving of a championship.  I could have told them that.  It might make more sense to bring my problems to the NWA.  They actually get things done, not like the useless World Wrestling Council!

Chicky takes another moment to calm himself.

Chicky: And the WWC seems to think they are punishing Abdullah the Butcher by putting him in a fire match with Carlitos Colon.  You just made it 100% legal for Abdullah to hold Colon's face into fire until his eyes are burnt out.  I guess their idiocy works in my favor sometimes.  In obvious good news, my cousin Ronnie and I are still the Caribbean Tag Team champs.  Not that los Super Medicos were ever any real threat.  We are already signed to wrestle against them again on September 20th in Ponce.  Another shining example of the WWC's brilliance.  My good friend Owen Hart was victorious over the man who cheated him out of the Light Heavyweight Title and is now champion.  I would like to give my congratulations to a very talented young man.

Chicky pauses, beaming as he claps.

My protege Abdullah Tamba was able to best that lumbering Canadian Jos LeDuc in a surprise to no one.  Victor (Chicky points back at Victor) got his first win!  Los Mercenarios embarassed the Castillo and Perez brats, which may have had something to do with the WWC's dismissal of my complaints.  All in all, I'd say the Starr corporation did very well.  And we will show all the fans again tonight how badly los Super Medicos are outclassed against us.  Make sure to tune in next week when my guest will be the new WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Owen Hart!  You can go back to your boring TV show now.

Cut back to the arena.

Rickin: I always wonder how you can stand to be friends with him.

Hugo: He's always very entertaining!

Rickin: If that's what you want to call it.  Ricky Santana is on his way to the ring and he seems to be a little unsettled without his championship belt.

Hugo: It can be tough to lose a belt!  You are riding high when you have it, but that can make it a really big fall.

Rickin: The fans don't seem any less happy to see him though, and Ricky has been feeding off of their energy of late.

Hugo: I fed off the crowd myself, of course they didn't care much for me.

Rickin: You might be surprisd to know you've gained a bit of a following since you began announcing.

Hugo: Really?!?

Rickin: Indeed you have.  Young Ricky Santana has seen a lot of trials and tribulations since returning to Puerto Rico.  So far he has pulled through, but it will be interesting to see how he handles this.

Hugo: It should tell us a lot about what we can expect from him.  That was the toughest loss i've seen him take and those kinds of things can change a man.

Rickin: I know he has a lot of support from los Invaders, Hercules Ayala and Carlitos Colon.  He should pull through.  Ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez is finished with the introductions and we're ready for action.

El Vikingo vs. Ricky Santana

Santana uses his babyface technical offense to control.  Vikingo makes a short comeback that Santana stops with a dropkick.  He climbs up top after a slam and hits the flying crossbody for the three count.  

Ricky Santana by pinfall in 4:15 after a top rope crossbody

Rickin: Big win for Santana given the circumstances.

Hugo: Yes, and he's not getting overly excited.  Trying to keep yourself a little more even keel when things are tough is important!

Rickin: Well, it looks like Ricky Santana is on the comeback trail.  Up next I will be talking to Owen Hart and Jos LeDuc will be in singles action.  We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 17:30-26:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans and as you can see I have been joined by a very happy Owen Hart.

Hart: I worked so hard for this Rickin!  I know you don't want to hear this, but you did help.  You gave me some very good advice along the way and I can't thank you enough!

Rickin: Which advice of mine did you actually listen to?

Hart: Does it matter??  I'm the champ!  Now you can talk all you want about how I won the belt.  And I'm sure you will.  Just so you know I forgive you in advance.  But I won and that's what matters!

Rickin: Let's go back a bit.  You cheated more in that match than in any other match I've seen you wrestle.  My recollection is that you told me that you were the best technical wrestler in Puerto Rico.  How does that qualify as technical wrestling.

Hart: You see what I mean.  Isn't it nice to know you're already forgiven?  To answer your question, I was fighting fire with fire.  The man, if you would call him that after he hid behind Jos LeDuc's flannels, hit me with a blatant low blow to win that belt.  And he tried it again!

Rickin: I recall you hitting him with several low blows, one of which could not be called anything but blatant, leading up to that.

Hart: I was young and inexperienced.  I don't need that kind of thing now, but I felt it was necessary given the amount of cheating I expected from Santana.  Now I know he's going to want a rematch and that the World Wrestling Council will probably give it to him.  But I know that my right as a champion is to refuse challengers when I see fit.  And after this rematch Ricky Santana will get no more matches for this title until I lose it.  I'm being kind by even allowing this rematch after all of the things he's said about me and done to me.

Rickin: I hardly think you are in a position to complain.

Hart: Once again, forgiven.  I don't care what you say about me Rickin.  You're a good man and I respect you.  Thank you for taking the time to interview me.

Owen leaves the desk to boos and garbage thrown his way.

Hugo: His attitude has changed since he became champion.

Rickin: And not for the better.

Hugo: It affects different people in different ways.  Some men became impossible to manage when they got belts.

Rickin: Owen Hart is a highly skilled young wrestler, but I don't like the idea of him as champion.  Jos LeDuc is on his way out and the fans are giving him a lot of support.

Hugo: He had Abdullah Tamba on the ropes!  I'm sure Chicky was sweating more than a little during that match.

Rickin: Until he made sure he got LeDuc's attention.  And paid for it.

Hugo: Sometimes that's what you do as a manager to help your clients win.  When they win you get more money, so it is worth that tumble to the ground!

Rickin: Maybe for some.  LeDuc doesn't seem to be bothered by his defeat.  He's stopped to slap a few hands on his way to the ring.

Hugo: Jos LeDuc is a very experienced veteran.  A loss like that won't stick with him long.  He's been through worse.

Rickin: That can be a very valuable thing to have.  

Hugo: Yes!  It makes bouncing back from a loss much easier!

Rickin: LeDuc is in the ring and there is the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Jos LeDuc

LeDuc uses his power to control the match.  Salgado gets in almost no offense and LeDuc finishes him off with a one-armed backbreaker.

Jos LeDuc by pinfall in 3:08 with the one-armed backbreaker

Rickin: Convincing win for Jos LeDuc.

Hugo: He's a big man who knows how to use his power advantage!

Rickin: And after speaking with him earlier this week he's still after Abdullah Tamba.  When we come back I'll be talking to los Invaders right before our big main event.

Hugo: The Starrs and Hangman Bobby Jaggers against Los Super Medicos and Dutch Mantell!  What a big match!

Rickin: Don't touch that dial fans.

(Commercial Break) 26:30 - 33:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans, I am now joined by all three Invaders after their triumphant night in Hiram Bithorn Stadium last weekend.  I'm going to start with Invader 3, who captured the NWA Light Heavyweight Championship in a thrilling match against Chris Benoit.

Invader 3: Thanks Rickin.  And thank you to all of the fans who have supported me through the years.  Chris Benoit was a very skilled opponent and I don't think I could have won without all of the fan support in Hiram Bithorn.

Rickin: How does it feel to be an NWA champion?

Invader 3: It feels great.  I love being able to represent Puerto Rico all around the world.  I love being able to defend this belt right here in Puerto Rico in front of the greatest wrestling fans in the world.  But there is a lot of responsibility involved too.  You know I've always taken things seriously, but that's not enough.  I will be facing world class competition every time I defend this belt.  If I give anything less than 100% it won't be enough.

Rickin: It's good to hear that a champion has respect for what holding a title means.

Invader 3: Any belt is an honor to carry, but an NWA championship is something more to me.  It means you are among the very best at what you do.  I mean to prove that I am deserving of that honor.

Rickin: Invaders 1 and 2 had a street fight against los Pastores and in the end chased Butch and Luke out of the arena.  Tell me about the match.

Invader 2: They are very tough.  And they fight like nobody I've ever fought.

Invader 1: Los Pastores would have my respect if they showed any.  They are easily two of the toughest men I have ever faced.  And I have been in the ring against Bam Bam Bigelow, Bruiser Brody, Abdullah the Butcher and Carlitos Colon.  The problem I have with los Pastores is their lack of respect for anything at all.

Rickin: They did run away, however.  The fans were certainly behind you as you stayed on the attack.

Invader 2: We want to make sure that los Pastores understand what it means to come to Puerto Rico and fight.  It's easy when your opponents are trying to wrestle within the rules.  But when we are able to do everything they are, it levels the playing field.

Invader 1: If los Pastores have no interest in returning to Puerto Rico, then our job is done.  If they want to come back for more, we want a match they can't run from.  We want a match that they have to stick around and face the consequences in!

Rickin: But the hope is that los Pastores are gone.

Invader 1: Yes it is.  We have enough trouble with Chicky Starr bringing in Ron Starr, Abdullah Tamba and Abdullah the Butcher to carry on his crusade against myself and Carlitos Colon.  By injuring men who have a vague association with us.  The sooner we get rid of los Pastores, the sooner we can start dealing with the real problem.

Rickin: Thank you for your time gentlemen, I always enjoy talking to the three of you.

Invader 3: We should be thanking you Rickin.

Invader 2: Yes, thank you.

Invader 1: Thank you, Rickin.

Los Invaders make their way to the back through the crowd, stopping to greet fans along the way.

Rickin: It's good to remember there were some bright spots last weekend in Hiram Bithorn.

Hugo: I'd say the show was a big success all-around!

Rickin: There were a lot of fans in attendance.  As well as quite a few fans in Roberto Clemente Stadium watching the show on closed circuit.

Hugo: They wanted to see Carlitos Colon get his revenge on Abdullah!

Rickin: And they did.  I would like to thank all of the fans who came to the show for their support and remind those who didn't that it will be available on videocassette in a matter of weeks.  It looks like or main event is getting close.  Dutch Mantell and los Super Medicos are on their way to the ring.

Hugo: Dutch appears to be talking strategy with los Super Medicos!

Rickin: That would be wise, given that they do not team often.

Hugo: Yes!  I didn't know how well they would get along.  Dutch Mantell can be very particular about who he talks to!

Rickin: I would guess that even if he didn't care to befriend los Super Medicos, he knows that it makes a win more likely.

Hugo: It does.  Dutch is still bandaged up after losing that first blood match to Hangman Bobby Jaggers!

Rickin: You'll recall it was Austin Idol who bloodied Dutch.

Hugo: Do you think Bobby Jaggers had anything to do with that?

Rickin: Are you and Chicky Starr friends?

Hugo: Did you just....I......agree with you.

Rickin: Jaggers is pushing Dutch Mantell farther than I would believe to be safe.

Hugo: And they have a cage match in just over 2 months!

Rickin: Bobby Jaggers is a dangerous man, but an angry Dutch Mantell is not a man I would want to face.  The three men have reached the ring and here come the Starrs along with Bobby Jaggers.

Hugo: I know you are no fan of los Primos Starr, but they did have an impressive win last Saturday to retain their titles.

Rickin: I would agree that they won the tactical battle and capitalized on several mistakes by los Super Medicos.

Hugo: See!  We can agree on things like that!

Rickin: I was not impressed by how Ron and Chicky Starr won the belts, but I understand that there are valid arguments for it.

Hugo: Yes there are!  It works both ways!

Rickin: Again though, los Super Medicos have not given up coming after the Starrs for the Caribbean Tag Team Championships, so I would not call it a decisive win.

Hugo: Decisive wins can be very hard to come by!  Most men don't give up after just one try!

Rickin: When matches are won the way Chicky Starr tends to win them, I don't think there is any chance of a decisive win.  Both teams are in the ring and referee Victor Quinonez has called for the bell.

Dutch Mantell & los Super Medicos vs. Bobby Jaggers & WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions los Primos Starr

The match starts out with Mantell and the Medicos working together to isolate all 3 of the opposing team members.  The Starrs and Jaggers start to stall, but it only leads to a brawl with them getting the worst on the outside.  Chicky goes to the eyes on Medico 2 and the heels work him over.  Dutch gets the tag and cleans house until Ron hits him with a low blow.  Chicky stays away from the ring, letting Jaggers and Ron Starr work Dutch over.  Dutch catches Ron with a low blow and tags Medico 1.  He cleans house as well, finally getting Chicky Starr alone in the ring.  Dutch has Jaggers on the outside and goes under the ring after banging Jaggers head into the guard railing.  He comes out with the riding crop and starts working Jaggers over with it before Jaggers runs for the dressing room with Dutch in hot pursuit.  Ron Starr slams Medico 2 on the outside and gets back in the ring, where the Starrs double team Medico 1.  Medico 1 avoids a clothesline from Ron that ends up hitting Chicky.  ron gets dropkicked outside as he is apologizing and Medico 1 rolls Chicky up with a jacknife hold for the 3 count.

Rickin: Big win for los Super Medicos, that should give them a lot of momentum.

Hugo: They just beat the Starrs after Dutch Mantell and Bobby Jaggers were gone.  If that had been a title match they would be champions!

Rickin: I can't imagine that will sit well with Chicky Starr.  We are almost out of time fans.  Be sure to tune in next week when our main event will be Ron Starr and Abdullah Tamba teaming against Jos LeDuc and Hercules Ayala.  We will show you the already signed matches for September 20th in Ponce as we go off the air.

Main Event: Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlitos Colon for the vacant WWC Universal Heavyweight Title in a Fire Match

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a Cage Match

Great follow up show. I like the comeback wins for the guys who came up short on the stadium show. Fun seeing the announcers back in full force tonight. Owen Hart's promo was outstanding and his segments are getting close to Chicky Starr level. Speaking of Starr, he continues to crack me up and in his mind, he does bring up some valid points LOL. Fun main event and the ending surprised me a bit as Medicos and Mantell score the pin. Big time matches announced for the next stadium show. Colon and Abby in a fire match! Mantell/Jaggers in the cage! Just those 2 matches make this card insane! I'm sure the build will be another wild ride. 

Great show coming out of the Bash!  Loved the Six man tag with Dutch/Los Super Medicos against Bobby Jaggers/Los Primos Starrs... Dutch vs. Jaggers in a Cage will be a helluva brawl.

Now we're really getting into the fun unique Puerto Rico stuff with the fire match! Great way to up the ante on the already intense Abby vs. Carlos feud.

I've been going back on youtube and watching a lot of old WWC footage (I didn't realize there was so much out there) and man I can't put over enough how well you capture the feel of those shows....so well done!

I totally agree with Gene: You do an amazing job of capturing a specific feel and atmosphere. It really makes the WWC stuff stand out in this project.

I love the use of video, too. 

I'm being entertained and educated all at once. 

Original Airdate: July 18th, 1986

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr,  Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays.  Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta
Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre
Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another hour of World Wrestling Council action fans.  We have a big show for you this week.

Hugo: What a main event!

Rickin: Indeed we do have a great main event.  We have to talk about something that happened last week.  In our six-man tag main event Super Medico 1 pinned Chicky Starr after Dutch Mantell had chased Bobby Jaggers backstage, leaving the match essentially as a tag match.

Hugo: After Ron Starrr accidentally hit Chicky!

Rickin: It's a more convincing way to finish a match than the Starrs usually employ.  Despite Chicky Starr's insistence that los Super Medicos are beneath him and Ron Starr as a team, Chicky has been pinned twice in non-title matches against los Super Medicos.

Hugo: You said it!  Non-title!

Rickin: Say what you will, it has to have Chicky Starr worried.  Los Super Medicos will be in tag team action tonight.

Hugo: Let's see if they can keep that momentum going.

Rickin: If they can keep it going until September 20th the Starrs will be in trouble.  Tonight we will see Victor the Bodyguard and Dutch Mantell in singles matches.

Hugo: Victor had a good debut and he should continue his success here tonight!

Rickin: Also in singles action is the new NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Invader 3.

Hugo: In a non-title bout.  But it's always fun to watch Invader 3 wrestle!

Rickin: He is a very exciting wrestler to watch.  I'll be talking with los Super Medicos before their match.  And I'll be talking with El Profe.

Hugo: Isn't he suspended?!?  

Rickin: TNT is because he injured Gama Singh.  El Profe apparently had nothing to do with that.

Hugo: Not from what I saw!

Rickin: You won't get any argument from me.  I'll be talking with Dutch Mantell before tonight's main event.

Hugo: I'm sure Dutch will have a lot to say!

Rickin: This is his first time addressing the fans since Hiram Bithorn, so I would think so.  Chicky Starr will have Owen Hart in his Sports Shop.  If that weren't bad enough, I'm sure he'll have something to say about how last week went.

Hugo: Probably something interesting!  And Owen has been a favorite of Chicky Starr's since he came to Puerto Rico!

Rickin: I know.  In our main event tonight Hercules Ayala will team with Jos LeDuc against Ron Starr and Abdullah Tamba.

Hugo: Big test for Abdullah Tamba tonight!  Two big men who have no love lost for the Starrs!

Rickin: We'll see how Abdullah Tamba handles that later.  Right now Victor the Bodyguard is on the way to the ring with Chicky Starr.  Who has a baseball bat.

Hugo: Chicky needs to protect himself!

Rickin: Or to illegally use the bat to hit someone.

Hugo: That works too!  Like I always say..

Rickin:...Every advantage counts.  I remember several occasions where Chicky Starr was outnumbered at ringside, so I understand this somewhat.

Hugo: A man like Chicky Starr makes a lot of enemies.

Rickin: Which should tell him something.  Victor seems unfazed by all of the garbage being thrown his and Chicky's way.

Hugo: He is unfazed by everything!

Rickin: That much is true.  He doesn't say much either.

Hugo: He is very focused on his job!  That's a good thing you know.

Rickin: So it is.  Victor is in the ring and referee Ricky Vargas just called for the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Victor the Bodyguard

Victor controlled with brawling and a body slam.  A short comeback was cut off by a Victor clothesline.  Victor hit the DDT for the 3 count.

Victor the Bodyguard by pinfall in 5:09 with a DDT

Rickin: Victor continues to impress.  He's done well in his first few matches.

Hugo: I'm sure Chicky helped train him!

Rickin: I am afraid that might be more true than I like.  Chicky is making sure the crowd knows Victor won.

Hugo: One of the perks of working for Chicky Starr!

Rickin: I'm not sure that will get you anything but more garbage thrown your direction.  Up next I'll be joined by los Super Medicos before their match.  We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 0:00 - 8:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans.  With me now are two men who have proven they can beat the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions on multiple occasions, los Super Medicos.

Medico 1: We have to beat them in a title match for it to matter Rickin.  Hugo isn't wrong.

Rickin: To relieve them of the titles, yes.  But those wins have to give you two confidence and momentum towards doing just that.

Medico 1: Absolutely Rickin.  And we are feeling like our teamwork has never been better.  We will be ready to face los Primos Starr on equal terms on September 20th.

Rickin: I doubt Chicky Starr will leave things like this leading into that match.

Medico 1: We have talked about that and it's something we are on the lookout for.  We have our friends watching our backs and that will help.

Rickin: Los Mercenarios have openly said they will injure men for Chicky Starr as long as they continue to be paid for their absence.

Medico 1: We are aware of that and we keep our guard up when we're at the wrestling venues.  These fans need champions they can be proud of and we feel like we can give them that!

Rickin: Thank you for your time gentlemen, good luck tonight.

Medico 1 & 2: Thank you Rickin.

Los Super Medicos make their way down to the aisle as the fans cheer.

Rickin: A very confident Super Medico 1.

Hugo: They still haven't proven they can win in a title match, but I think they are a good enough team to do it.

Rickin: I agree completely.  And I think they would make great champions.

Hugo: If they can beat los Primos Starr!

Rickin: You keep going back to that.

Hugo: When the titles were up for grabs, los Super Medicos lost both matches!

Rickin: Due to los Mercenarios interfering and Chicky Starr cheating.

Hugo: Still losses.  That mean the Starrs are still the champions!

Rickin: Sometimes you are impossible.

Hugo: I like to have fun with you!  I think los Super Medicos have as good a chance as any team of beating the Starrs!

Rickin: I'm going to leave it at that, easier that way.  Los Super Medicos are in the ring and referee Tomas Marin is calling for the bell.

Mr. X & Y vs. Los Super Medicos

Medicos use superb teamwork to control the match.  They smoothly cut off any comeback by Mr. X.  Medico 1 slams X down and tags in 2.  Medico 1 slams Medico 2 into a senton, which gets the three.

Los Super Medicos by pinfall in 5:15 with an assisted senton.

Rickin: It's good to see such smooth teamwork by los Super Medicos.

Hugo: They are working together very well now!

Rickin: Time and confidence will help that.  Up next we will visit Chicky Starr in his Sports Shop and Dutch Mantell will be in singles action.

Hugo: You don't want to miss any of that!

(Commercial Break) 8:30 - 15:30

Hugo: We're BAAAACK and it's SPORTS SHOP TIME!!

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard and Abdullah Tamba on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Chicky walks in wearing his custom suit and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  He picks up a microphone and sits down with an angry look on his face.

Chicky: Before we go any further, I am going to take this time to say tha los Super Medicos will learn how insignificant they really are sooner than they think!  Ronnie and I had an ill-timed miscommunication and los Super Medicos think that they should have THESE (points to his belt)!  Well that's not how it works and if you think for one second that you cold beat us without your friends Jos LeDuc and Dutch Mantell around, you're dreaming!  I'm tired of having to deal with this idiocy!

Chicky takes a moment to calm himself down.

Chicky: Now that I have that out of the way, on to the good news.  The WWC has a new Lightweight Champion.  The man who should have won the belt in the first place and my friend, Owen Hart!

Hart walks on set with his title around his waist and hugs Chicky.  Both sit down.

Chicky: I wore the custom suit that Ric Flair gave me as a gift for this occasion.  It's not often we have such deserving champions in the Sports Shop!

Hart: You believed in me from the start and I'll always appreciate that.

Chicky: I'll do more than that.  We'll go shopping for a suit for you too.  You deserve to dress like a champion!

Hart: I do.  Ricky Santana always talks about how I did this and I did that to him.  When the time came to wrestle for this prestigious title, who was the one who cheated?

Chicky: Ricky Santana.  Hypocrite.

Hart: Exactly!  And now that I did the same thing back to him to get this belt, I'm sure he's crying to the WWC about a rematch.  And giving them some sob story about how he was cheated out of his title.

Chicky: When it never should have been his in the first place.  Do you think he'll whine about Abdullah Tamba attacking him too?

Hart: I know he will.  The man will use anything and everything to get his way and I'm getting sick of it.  The worst part of it is these idiot fans buy it all hook, line and sinker.

Chicky: The fans here are nothing to concern yourself with.  They don't know talent when they see it.  You have already promised Santana a rematch as I recall.

Hart: I have.  One match.  When he loses he never touches this belt while I still hold it.  Like I said I am sick of Ricky Santana.  I hate even saying the name.

Chicky: He is an irritating, cowardly, hypocritical man.  Wrestle him this one last time and put him out of your mind.

Hart: I don't put it past him trying to interfere in my matches and cost me the title after he loses.

Chicky: He did that very thing when you wrestled Jacques Rougeau.  And succeeded.

Hart: Yeah.  Some people get a little obsessive.

Chicky: Invader 1 is that way with me.  You find ways to deal with it.  Thank you for joining me this week.  I don't know if I have told you this but you are my favorite guest.

Hart: Really?  Thanks.  For everything.

Chicky: Anything I can do to help a young man find his way.  We're out of time fans and you'll be forced back to the boring part of the show.  Next week my guest will be El Profe, so it will be another good show.  Be sure to tune in!

Owen and Chicky walk off the set, talking.  Cut back to the arena.

Rickin: I always wonder if there is a point to those conversations.

Hugo: they have some very real grievances!

Rickin: Proportionally, not many.  Dirty Dutch Mantell is on his way to the ring.

Hugo: And the fans are giving him a lot of support!

Rickin: He has fought through a lot and has yet to slow down in any way.

Hugo: Hangman Bobby Jaggers will do just about anything to win a match.  Is he here tonight?!?

Rickin: I don't believe he is.  He was told specifically not to be here tonight because of this match.

Hugo: Jaggers and Mantell have been in some very vicious fights!  It's probably a good idea to keep them separated!

Rickin: I would agree.  Dutch will be out here later, presumably to talk about the events of July 5th and the upcoming cage match.

Hugo: That's what I would be talking about!  That cage match is going to be something!

Rickin: It should give Dutch ample opportunity to punish Jaggers for his involvement in Dutch's arm injury.

Hugo: Jaggers is no slouch in the ring when he needs to fight!

Rickin: I know, but Dutch has to be about at his boiling point.  And that is a dangerous state to fight any man in.

Hugo: Dutch Mantell more than most!

Rickin: Exactly what I was getting at.  Ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez has finished his announcements and Dutch is in the ring.  There is the bell.

Domingo Robles vs. Dutch Mantell

Dutch is in control with his dirty tricks, brawling and technical offense.  Robles tries to make a comeback with dirty tricks of his own but Dutch stuffs any offense Robles tries.  Dutch hits the short lariat and the gourdbuster for the three count.

Dutch Mantell by pinfall in 3:28 with a gourdbuster

Rickin: That was a coinvincing win for Dutch.

Hugo: Like you said, any man as angry as Dutch is tough to fight..

Rickin: But since it is Dutch it just makes things that much more dangerous.  Up next I'll be talking to El Profe and we'll see NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Invader 3 in a non-title match.  Don't go anywhere.

(Commercial Break) 15:30 - 23:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans.  I have been joined by a man we all know, El Profe.  Your client TNT was the first to find out that the WWC meant business when they made their new policy on injuring another wrestler.

Profe: Of course they did you imbecile.  Do you think they wanted to see wrestler after wrestler carried out of the ring in a stretcher like Gama Singh was after TNT held onto the  cobra dinamita as long as he did?

Rickin: If you understood this, why order your man to do that?  And how is it that you are not suspended for taking part in this situation?

Profe: After listening to you and your loudmouth partner these past few weeks I had started to give you both some credit.  I can see I was wrong.  Everyone respected TNT for his wrestling ability and his skill in the martial arts.  Now they fear TNT because of his lethal finishing hold.  Like they should have from the start.  And to address your second question, the WWC did try to include me in the suspension.

Rickin: Yet you are still here.

Profe: Don't look so unhappy about it.  You never know what I might do if I felt insulted enough.  I do not recall ordering TNT to do anything.  He is a man, capable of making his own decisions.  I just happen to have a friend with several very effective lawyers who let the WWC know what would happen if I was suspended without good reason.

Rickin: We all know who that friend is.

Profe: And yet you and the WWC were intent on including me in this suspension that has nothing at all to do with the policy that was made.  It shows how stupid and foolish the people with the power here are.  I'm sure these fans were right along with you, imbeciles that they are.

Rickin: Our time is running short, so I'm going to ask you if you are aware that traditionally a man who puts on a hold resembling a sleeper, like the cobra dinamita, brings a man back out of the hold before leaving the ring?  Or was that not part of the wrestling you learned?

Profe: First, your tradition and mine are as far apart as our intelligence levels.  And I would consider my tradition to be as far above yours as well.  Second, how do you know TNT wasn't going to bring Gama Singh back?  Ricky Santana and Dutch Mantell were out for blood when they ran for the ring and a two on one fight was not what either TNT or I was looking for at that time.  So we left.  Like I am now.

El Profe walks away from the desk and has more than a few pieces of garbage thrown at him on his way out of the arena.

Rickin: I cannot believe that man's arrogance.  Even while making excuses that are clearly outright lies.

Hugo: If there is one thing we agree on, it's El Profe!

Rickin: At least there is that.  Here comes Invader 3 with his NWA Light Heavyweight Championship around his waist.

Hugo: And Invader 1 is coming to the ring with him!

Rickin: You never know when somebody from Chicky Starrs corporation might attack.  Not Chicky himself, but I'm sure Victor the Bodyguard, Abdullah Tamba and los Mercenarios are expendable for a month.

Hugo: You're starting to understand!

Rickin: What I wish you would understand is that men like los Invaders and Carlitos Colon don't have men who do their dirty work for them.

Hugo: I do!  I just don't think that's the wisest way of doing things!

Rickin: I recall your way of doing things.  Invader 3 is really taking his time to mingle with the fans on the way to the ring.

Hugo: They have always loved him.  Now that he's captured an NWA belt it's got to make them happier!

Rickin: I can tell you the WWC is very excited to have Invader 3 as the NWA Lightweight Champion.  That match against Chris Benoit was great.

Hugo: Yes!  Lots of action!

Rickin: And both men kept it clean.

Hugo: If Benoit had done whatever was necessary to win he would have kept his belt!

Rickin: That's not always the case Hugo and some men don't feel the need to break the rules as a matter of habit.  Both wrestlers are in the ring and there is the bell.

Mr. Z vs. Invader 3

Invader 3 controls with his babyface offense and some excellent punches.  A short comeback by Z is cut off with a beautiful dropkick. Invader 3 slams Z down and climbs up top.  A cannonball (top rope somersault senton) by Invader 3 gets the three.

Invader 3 by pinfall in 4:07 with the cannonball (top rope somersault senton)

Rickin: The crowd is loving Invader 3's win.

Hugo: They loved him before the win!

Rickin: Even so, the ringside fans are celebrating the win with Invader 1 and 3.  Up next I'll be talking to Dutch Mantell and we'll have our main event.  

Hugo: Hercules Ayala and Jos LeDuc against Ron Starr and Abdullah Tamba!!

Rickin: You don't want to miss it, don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 23:30 - 31:30

Rickin: Welcome back fans, I have been joined by Dutch Mantell.  (English)  I'm sure there is a lot you want to talk about.

Dutch: Damn right there is Rickin.  First off I wanna  talk directly to that no good, yellow dog Austin Idol.  You can use Bobby Jaggers to hire men to break my arm.  You can wait under the ring with a riding crop and bust me open behind the referee's back.  That ain't nuthin' but feul on the fire.  You keep runnin' off like a scalded dog before I can get you in my sights, but that's okay.  Come Hell or high water you and I are gonna end up face to face one day.  And ain't no way you walk away from that the way you walked into it.  I'm gonna give you a whuppin' like you ain't never had before and leave you with a few souvenirs to remember Dutch Mantell by.

Rickin: I hope that one day-

Dutch: Ain't no hope involved Rickin Sanchez.  I just told you and anybody else watchin' that it's gonna happen.  That's 100% truth.

Rickin: In the meantime, you have a cage match signed against Hangman Bobby Jaggers.  We can hope that will ensure a match on equal grounds.

Dutch: Equal ground would be a Hell of a thing wouldn't it?  But we both know Bobby Jaggers ain't gonna leave it at that.  He's gonna do somethin' to tilt it his way and that's fine by me.  I can play that game better'n anyone and I damn sure mean to.

Rickin: I don't think anyone would hold that against you given the circumstances.

Dutch: What makes you think any of that matters right now?  That man had a hand in what those Mercenario boys did to me and he's got somethin' comin' for it.  End of story.  You and all of these people, as much as I do appreciate 'em, can like it or not.

Rickin: I can understand that attitude.  After Bobby Jaggers do you intend to go after los Mercenarios?

Dutch: I ain't worried about what happens after that match.  Before I can look at what comes next I gotta take care of what's in front of me.  That would be Hangman Bobby Jaggers, and you can bet there's things gonna get taken care of.

Dutch stalks off, ignoring the fans cheering him as he heads for the dressing room.

Rickin: (Spanish) Dutch is definitely focused on that match.

Hugo: He is!  If he carries that all the way to the cage match I don't want to be Bobby Jaggers!

Rickin: I doubt Dutch will cool off much by the time September 20th arrives.  Here come Jos LeDuc and Hercules Ayala, two very strong men.

Hugo: Yes, but can they handle the the speed, technique and agility of their opponents??

Rickin: Both are veteran wrestlers.  I would say they have both had to deal with men more agile over their years of experience.

Hugo: But not many men are as versatile and skilled as Ron Starr!

Rickin: True enough.  And I would also say tha Abdullah Tamba is a man who is difficult to deal with due to the style he wrestles for a 270 pounder. 

Hugo: Yes!  But you aren't wrong in saying Ayala and LeDuc are veterans.  Ayala came very close to beating Bam Bam Bigelow twice by using his experience and changing his  strategy.

Rickin: Yes, and LeDuc did very well against Tamba before he turned his attention to Chicky Starr for a little too long.

Hugo: Every advantage counts!

Rickin: And having a man like Chicky Starr in your corner can be seen as an advantage.

Hugo: Yes!  He will do just about anything to turn a match in favor of his man!

Rickin: Reminds me of a manager who retired just before Chicky Starr rose to prominence.

Hugo: I know who you're talking about!

Rickin: And you should.  I'm guessing you had a great influence on Chicky.

Hugo: Thank you....

Rickin: And here comes Chicky Starr, leading his cousin Ron and Abdullah Tamba out.

Hugo: Don't forget that Ron is one half of the Caribbean Tag Team Champions!

Rickin: I couldn't if i tried.  If it wasn't you reminding me it would be Chicky Starr.

Hugo: It is something to be proud of!

Rickin: Not the way they won them.  Or have kept them.

Hugo: They still have them though!

Rickin: So they do.  I see the fans are giving Chicky his usual warm greeting.

Hugo: He doesn't want your garbage!  Or those rocks I see flying...

Rickin: There is something to be said for not pushing these fans past their limits.

Hugo: These fans should know better than to bring all of that into the arena!

Rickin: Chicky Starr should know better than to constantly antagonize the fans, Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon.  The fan reaction goes from Chicky Starr to men he represents, like Ron and Abdullah Tamba.

Hugo: They don't seem to mind.  But you're right!  The fans shouldn't treat them like that just because they are friends of Chicky!

Rickin: It's going to happen.  Everyone is in the ring.  Chicky is having a heated conversation with Ayala and referee Victor Quinonez calls for the bell.

Ron Starr & Abdullah Tamba vs. Jos LeDuc & Hercules Ayala

Starr and Abdullah rush Ayala, but LeDuc is quick to intervene and a 4-way brawl ensues as Chicky Starr scrambles out of the ring.  Ayala and LeDuc take over after sending Starr outside.  They work over Tamba only for Chicky to distract Ayala again and play face in peril.  Ayala makes the tag after hitting Tamba with a few big punches and a clothesline.  LeDuc and Tamba are brawling back and forth and it spills outside.  Ayala has the advantage on Ron, who kicks him low while the referee is looking at the action outside and ties him up in an inside cradle for the three count.

Ron Starr & Abdullah Tamba by pinfall in 13:42 with a Ron Starr inside cradle

Ron and Chicky stat retreating to the back as Ayala is recovering, but they have to go back to ringside.  LeDuc has Tamba against the guard rail and is laying in big forearms to the chest.  Security is watching ringside fans to ensure no one joins in the fun.  Ron and Chicky peel LeDuc off of Tamba, but soon have to turn tail and run as Ayala joins the fray.

Rickin: Tainted victory for Ron Starr, but as you are known to say a win is a win.

Hugo: Yes!  But I won't take anything away from Ayala or LeDuc.

Rickin: I'm sure Abdullah Tamba would agree in LeDuc's case after that beating he took outside the ring.  Tamba may have the quickness advantage, but I wonder how much of an advantage that gives him.

Hugo; That all depends where they are in the ring!

Rickin: I suppose it does.  Fans we are almost out of time.  We leave you with the card so far for September 20th in Ponce.

Main Event: Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlitos Colon for the vacant WWC Universal Heavyweight Title in a Fire Match

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a Cage Match

Right off the (Chicky Starr) bat, I have to say once again how much I love the announcers here. They just add so much to the show and storylines. The highlight for me was Owen on the Sports Shop. These two together are magic. Looking forward to seeing Owen show off his new suit lol. The Dutch/Jaggers feud continues to be one of my favorites. Fun seeing the new NWA Light heavyweight champ, Invader 3 in action. Super Medicos have a solid claim for the tag titles but the Starrs always find a way to walk out with them. Victor is looking impressive. I like when bodyguards are showcased in the ring because they can really show what they're capable of. Fun main event. I don't think Ayala is going to let that low blow slide.  

I agree with spaldoni that Owen on the Sports Shop is gold. I like how Rickin and Hugo can still get along respectfully even when they disagree. That's so much better than the tiresome name-calling and bickering we get with WWE announcers these days. Those three matches you've announced for September 20th in Ponce: Wow. Already a must-see card.