dawho5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWC House Show 7/24/86
Coliseo Hector Sola Bezares de Caguas, Caguas, Puerto Rico

Brad Batten w/Bart Batten vs. The Crusher w/Jonathan Boyd & Barrabas
Batten started hot, but the Crusher managed to overpower him.  A few back and forth pinfalls then the Crusher hit a big rib breaker on Batten.  While he was celebrating his move for the crowd, Bart (dressed identically to Brad), rolled Brad out of the ring and played dead.  The Crusher walked into an inside cradle by Bart when he came in arrogantly to finish him off and referee Ricky Vargas counted to 3.  Barrabas and Boyd, who had also been working the crowd with the Crusher, had no idea what went on.

The Caribbean Express/Ricky Santana vs. Owen Hart/Los Mercenarios w/Chicky Starr
Santana and the Express tried keeping the match in the ring, but los Mercenarios would move it to the floor every chance they could.  Santana got isolated and Owen gave him a good working over with the Light Heavyweight belt while referee Tomas Marin's attention was elsewhere.  Perez took a big hot tag and cleaned house.  A bloodied Santana attacked Hart viciously and almost threw Hart down the stairs leading to the dressing rooms before los Mercenarios saved Hart.  Mercenario 2 covered the retreat with a chair on the narrow staircase and the babyfaces had their arms raised in victory for a chering crowd.

Victor the Bodyguard & Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr vs. Super Medico 1/Carlitos Colon w/Super Medico 3
Colon went after Tamba from the opening bell and things never eally settled down much.  Victor and Tamba were able to work over Medico 1 briefly, but he made a comeback on his own before tagging in Carlitos.  The crowd went nuts as Colon cleared the ring and focused his attention on Tamba.  Invader 1 hit a plancha on Victor and referee Victor Quinonez counted both teams out as they brawled on the floor.

Bart Batten vs. Hercules Ayala 
This bout was wrestled legally and saw Bart Batten make a good showing against Hercules Ayala, but lose to the reverse figure four leglock.  Boyd and the Crusher were out to avenge their earlier defeat, but Ayala helped Batten fend off the attack before the two shook hands.

WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships
Los Invaders (1 & 3) vs. Los Primos Starr (C)

This match had two distinct paces early on.  Los Invaders got a hot start and used their fast-paced, smooth teamwork to work over Chicky Starr's arm.  Chicky hit a low blow on Invader 1 and the Starrs used slower, more methodical teamwork to keep Invader 1 in their corner.  After Invader 3's tag in things went roughly the same, with Ron landing the low blow on Invader 3.  Things broke down after Invader 1's tag and the Starrs narrowly avoided a few pinfalls, with Ron barely saving Chicky from being pinned after a connonball from Invader 3.  Ron pulled Chicky out of the ring and the Starrs collected their belts and left.  Los Invaders stood tall in the ring to close the show despite not winning the tag belts.

Really enjoyed this house show. I love house shows because you can throw different matches out there while continuing storylines, as shown here. Fun opener with the classic twin switch. Insane ending to the 6 man tag. The visual of a bloodied Santana wanting to throw Hart down the stairs just shows how intense this feud has become. Victor and Tamba held their own against Colon and Invader 1. Solid clean match with Ayala and Bart Batten and continues the angle from earlier. Strong main event as the Starrs again find a way to hold on to their titles. 

Original Airdate: 7/25/86

(Originally airing in Spanish on WAPA Channel 4 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  This broadcast is translated to English where applicable.)

The opening montage featuring highlights of Carlos Colon, Chicky Starr,  Invader 1, Invader 2, Invader 3, Abdullah the Butcher, Hercules Ayala, Bam Bam and Dutch Mantell plays.  Carlos Colon doing a cartwheel and coming up fists at the ready leads to the WWC logo as the music ends.

NWA and Capitol Sports Presenta
Los Campeones De La Lucha Libre
Con Tus Luchadores Favoritos De Fama Mundial

Rickin Sanchez and Hugo Savinovich sit smiling at the commentary desk in Coliseo Municipal Pedro Rodriguez Gaya De Catano.

Rickin: Welcome to another exciting week of WWC action fans.  Tonight we have another in a series of great main events.

Hugo: Yes!  Six very big names in that one!

Rickin: That is very true Hugo.  Before we get to that you will see WWC Light Heavyweight Champion Owen Hart in action.

Hugo: Always a treat!

Rickin: If he would wrestle within the rules yes.  Invader 2 will also be in singles action.  The Caribbean Express will be wrestling tonight as well.

Hugo: They are a very exciting young team!  They have had some bad luck in big matches though...

Rickin: Bad luck manufactured by Chicky Starr.  Hercules Ayala will be joining me at the desk before he wrestles tonight.

Hugo: I hear he has a big match to talk about!

Rickin: I'd call that match big as well, yes.  We'll wait and allow Hercules Ayala the opportunity to tell us about it.  Ricky Santana will be joining me at the desk for a conversation.

Hugo: We both know who that will be about!

Rickin: I can't imagine after all the talking Owen Hart has done, he doesn't have something coming back his direction.  El Profe will visit Chicky Starr in his Sports Shop, I'm sure to crow about his client's win over Gama Singh.

Hugo: As much as I don't like the man, he did find a way to turn a predicament into an advantage.

Rickin: This is true, even if I don't like it at all.  Carlitos Colon will be out to join me at the desk before our main event.  In that match Carlitos will be teaming with Jos LeDuc and Invader 1, taking on Abdullah Tamba and los Primos Starr.

Hugo: Like we said, HUGE match!

Rickin: We are getting close to our first match as Owen Hart emerges from the dressing rooms with the WWC Light Heavyweight Title around his waist.  The crowd immediately lets Owen know what they think of him.

Hugo: Owen Hart is a great wrestler!  For a man his age to be that good is very rare.  These fans should show him some respect!

Rickin: I don't think Owen has shown anyone, including his own older brother, any amount of respect since he has come to Puerto Rico.  Except maybe Chicky Starr.

Hugo: He likes you!

Rickin: The man plays with me as if I were a toy.  If you listen to him, he respects people.  If you watch what he does, you know the truth.

Hugo: Yeah, there is that.  And his brother Bruce..

Rickin: Exactly what I mean Hugo.  Owen Hart lied to his own brother in order to have an ally against Ricky Santana.  And not just once, over and over again for a month.

Hugo: That always made me a little uncomfortable.

Rickin: And it should.  No man should abuse the trust of his family that much.  Now Hart is fussing with referee Ricky Vargas about his belt.

Hugo: Championship belts are important!

Rickin: More important is adding prestige to the belt with your behavior while you hold it.  Hart is finally in the ring and Vargas just called for the bell.

Armandito Salgado vs. Owen Hart

Hart controls with fast-paced technical offense.  He cuts off a comeback from Salgado with a rake to the eyes and hits a side suplex after a kick to the gut.  Hart climbs up top and hits the missile dropkick for the three count.

Owen Hart by pinfall in 4:18 with a missile dropkick

Rickin: Impressive showing by Owen Hart, less the attack to Salgado's eyes.

Hugo: It's one of the fastest ways to slow a man down!

Rickin: It's also against the rules and Hart had no need to do it.  He was in control of the majorit of the match without cheating.  When we return I'll be talking to Ricky Santana.  following that interview Invader 2 will be in singles action.  Don't go anywhere fans.

(Commercial Break) 0:00 - 8:30

Rickin: We're back fans and I am joined by Ricky Santana.  I don't even need to guess who you want to talk about.

Santana: Rickin, I tried doing things the right way.  I really did.  I didn't want to win a title or keep it by cheating.  But things didn't work out that way.  And that's the way people like Owen Hart want things.  They want to drag you down to their level.

Rickin: It is an unfortunate fact of life, yes.  

Santana: Well, I finally decided to embrace it.  If Owen Hart wants to throw the rulebook out the window, then so will I.  I signed a contract for my rematch against Owen Hart for the WWC Light Heavyweight Championship on September 20th in Ponce.  In a street fight.  Anything goes, anywhere in the building.

Rickin: Well, it worked for los Invaders against los Pastores.

Santana: It did.  If a man is going to break the rules every chance he gets against you, there is no other choice but to beat him at his own game.

Rickin: And you are aware that Owen Hart has no intention of giving you any more rematches after that?
Santana: I heard.  It's funny that he has been calling me a coward every chance he gets.  It doesn't matter.  I'll only need one shot to take the belt that is rightfully mine back from Hart.

Rickin: You seem very confident.

Santana: I've always been a good fighter.  I can mix it up with anyone.  But in wrestling there is more finesse involved.  And I embraced that opportunity to improve my skills.  Now isn't the time for that.  Now is the time for Owen Hart to learn what happens when you push me too far!

Santana stalks off towards the back as the crowd cheers him on.

Rickin: It seems Owen Hart has angered Ricky Santana.

Hugo: It's about time!!

Rickin: You like this side of Santana.

Hugo: If he had been that way all along he'd still be champion!!

Rickin: True enough, but the fans would not embrace him the way they do.  Speaking of the fans embracing a wrestler, Invader 2 is on his way to the ring.

Hugo: I've never had a problem with Invader 2.  He's a very good wrestler!

Rickin: Just Invader 1.  And yes, Invader 2 is a very impressive wrestler and athlete.

Hugo: There are a lot of great light heavyweights in the WWC besides the champions we have had recently.  Super Medico 1 qualifies as a Light Heavyweight, as does TNT!

Rickin: Both members of the Caribbean Express, Huracan Castillo Jr. and Miguelito Perez, are light heavyweights as well.

Hugo: And of course Invader 2!  He has a deadly cross chop to the throat!

Rickin: Yes, it is one of those moves that can come out of anywhere.  As long as Invader 2 is on his feet he can hit you with it.

Hugo: That makes a move very dangerous!

Rickin: Yes, the top rope moves have a lot of impact, but we often see them reversed to the detriment of the man doing the move.

Hugo: Exactly!  It's much harder to see the double throat chop coming!

Rickin: Invader 2 is in the ring and referee Tomas Marin has called for the bell.

Domingo Robles vs. Invader 2

Invader 2 uses his beautiful left hooks and babyface technical offense to control early.  Robles goes to the eyes to gain control but Invader 2 hits a dropkick to stop the comeback.  A few roll-ups by Invader 2 get close.  Robles hits a few punches and bounces off the ropes, right into a double throat chop from Invader 2, who covers for the 3.

Invader 2 by pinfall in 4:11 with a double throat chop

Rickin: Invader 2 showing us how versatile the double throat chop can be.

Hugo: Domingo Robles thought he had something going there!

Rickin: And then it was over.  Up next El Profe will be in the Sports Shop and the Caribbean Express will be in tag team action.

(Commercial Break) 8:30 - 15:30

Rickin: It's time for Hugo's favorite part of the show.

Hugo: Bam Bam Bigelow is here?!?

Rickin: No, the other one.

Hugo: Oh!!  It's Sports Shop Time!

The Sports Shop intro plays and we cut to Victor the Bodyguard and Abdullah Tamba on the Sports Shop set.  A voice-over by Hugo Savinovich plays.

Hugo: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the most watched wrestling program in Puerto Rico!!  This is Chicky's Sports Shop and I'm pleased to announce your host, the most charismatic, best dressed man in Puerto Rico today, Chicky Starr!!

Chicky walks in wearing his athletic gear and his WWC Caribbean Tag Team Title over his shoulder.  He picks up a microphone and sits down with an angry look on his face.

Chicky: I would just like to point out that last week that big Canadian oaf Jos LeDuc was out of control in the main event.  He was attempting to injure my bodyguard Abdullah Tamba at the behest of Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon.  Luckily Abdullah Tamba is a tough man and has no lasting damage.  To top it off the man came after me.  And I wasn't even in the match!  In the end, all was well as my cousin Ronnie pinned that musclehead Hercules Ayala for the one, two, three. 

Chicky pauses.

Chicky: Tonight, Abdullah Tamba, my cousin Ronnie and I will prove again how great we are.  We will make Invader 1, Carlitos Colon and that ridiculous Canadian lumberjack look like the idiots they are in front of all their fans.  Well, more like idiots than usual.  And we'll be sure to give them a chance to make it a good show, because Chicky Starr always puts on a good show.  Just look at my Sports Shop.

Chicky nods off-screen.

Chicky: My guest this week is the one and only El Profe.  The man who can influence the outcome of a match from a cage suspended above the ring.

El Profe comes in and shakes hands with Chicky.  Both sit down.

Chicky: That was an impressive strategy.  You lured Gama Singh into your trap, no easy thing to do.  And you used something that came to you from the fans to pull it off.

Profe: The fans that were so vigorously supporting Gama Singh.

Chicky: That does make it even better.

Profe: It wasn't all that difficult to fool the fans, that's for sure.

Chicky: Invader 1 and Carlitos Colon have had them fooled for a long time.

Profe: It hardly matters.  You don't need the fans on your side to make money.  As long as you can out-think your opponents.

Chicky: Which you seem to be doing.  The WWC has made life more difficult with the 6-month ban on championship matches after injuring a man.

Profe: Hardly an issue.  TNT and the cobra dinamita are feared now in the WWC.  As much as I hate to admit it, Ricky Santana and Dutch Mantell did us a favor by not letting TNT bring Gama Singh out of the hold.

Chicky: Still, it's never wise to let people get away with sticking their nose in your business.  As much as I respect Dutch Mantell I think that was a mistake.

Profe: You have something there, but that's for later on.  When TNT comes back we'll be making sure to let the fans and all of the wrestlers in the locker room know that TNT is still a man to be feared.  

Chicky: I was sold on that right away.  You've got yourself a great client.  TNT should be a big name in the WWC for years to come!  That's all for the Sports Shop this week.  Next week will be a little bit of a letdown after these two excellent shows.  I'll be hosting los Super Medicos.  Under the condition that if anything happens to them while they are on the Sports Shop my cousin and I forfeit our titles.  The WWC made me sign that little piece of paper as if I would use the Sports Shop as a way to injure my opponents.  Now back to your regularly scheduled boring show.

Cut to the arena with an exasperated Rickin.

Rickin: There are certain comparisons I could make that I feel are very accurate for interviews like that.

Hugo: Award-winning TV shows?!?

Rickin: Not exactly.  The Caribbean Express is on their way to the ring and they are interacting with the fans along the way.

Hugo: Castillo and Perez have gained quite a following!

Rickin: Do you believe it is due to their fathers as Barrabas would say?

Hugo: No.  The fans really started to get behind them when they stopped bringing Miguel Perez Sr to ringside!

Rickin: I recall you were skeptical about the move right away.

Hugo: I was!  But these boys have really grown up since then.

Rickin: I think you will agree that the World Wrestling Council forces you to grow up quickly or get lost in the shuffle.

Hugo: Yes!  The Caribbean Express and Ricky Santana have shown how quickly that can help you improve!

Rickin: Well, when it's sink or swim I can't imagine going with the former.  Both members of the Caribbean Express are in the ring and ring announcer Eliud Gonzalez is finished with his introductions.  Here we go.

Mr. W & Z vs. The Caribbean Express

The Express uses their smooth teamwork and quick tags to control the action.  Z gets a short comeback but is cut off by a Castillo clothesline.  Castillo tags Perez and sends Z off the ropes right into a Perez powerslam.  Perez covers for the three.

The Caribbean Express by pinfall in 5:24 with a powerslam (Perez)

Rickin: Another win for the Caribbean Express.  They have been a lot more confident since beating Jonathan Boyd and the Crusher.

Hugo: That's a tough team to beat!  Those kinds of wins really build confidence in young teams!

Rickin: And they ought to.  Barrabas may not be my favorite man to talk to, but Boyd and the Crusher are a very dangerous tag team.  Up next I'll be joined by Hercules Ayala before he heads to the ring for his match. We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 15:30 - 25:00

Rickin: I am now joined by the former WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Champion, Hercules Ayala.  That was a tough loss to Bam Bam Bigelow on July 5th.

Ayala: It was.  I give all the credit in the world to Bam Bam Bigelow.  We knew he was very big and very agile.  He fought me tooth and nail to keep me away from that injured leg, and that was all the difference.  Bigelow showed a lot of toughness and heart in that match.  I have no shame at all about that loss.  We both gave it everything we had.

Rickin: So the question is, will there be a rematch?

Ayala: It's already signed.  No stipulations, just me taking another shot at a man I think I can beat.

Rickin: So the strategy will be different than last time?

Ayala: I'm not sure.  I think I was close enough that it wasn't a bad way to handle him.  Maybe a few small changes.  

Rickin: In the meantime, you did take a loss to Ron Starr after a very blatant low blow.

Ayala: He did.  And we have a match coming up on Sunday, one on one.  How about we up the ante a little bit and make it a taped fist match?  

Rickin: I'm not sure it's wise to challenge Ron Starr when you've got your hands full with Bam Bam Bigelow.

Ayala: Bigelow and I have a date on September 20th.  And you already know, but it's time to let the fans know.  Two weeks from today I'll be teaming with Invader 3 to take on former NWA Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit and current WWC Caribbean Champion Bam Bam Bigelow in the main event on TV.  Since I've got time to spare, how about we make it a best of 5 taped fist matches across Puerto Rico between Ron Starr and Hercules Ayala next week?

Rickin: I'm sure the WWC will approach Chicky Starr about the idea.  I doubt he will approve.

Ayala: If I know Ron Starr at all, he'll be up for it.  Thanks for your time Rickin.

Ayala heads to the ring to cheers and interacts with the fans.

Rickin: Well, that went an unexpected direction.

Hugo: YOU brought up the Ron Starr thing!

Rickin: I did.  And I suppose there is no love lost between Hercules Ayala and the Starr Corporation.

Hugo: No, I don't think that would be true at all.  Ayala broke Al Madril's leg!  Twice!

Rickin: He did, and with good reason.  Ayala must be frustrated that he is struggling with Bam Bam Bigelow, regardless of Bigelow's size and agility advantage.

Hugo: Ayala more than held his own!  He was giving away at least 100 pounds and came very close to winning!

Rickin: Yes, and he seems to be confident he can win in a rematch.  It's good to see some respect being shown to an opponent once in a while.

Hugo: Well, I don't think you'll see that from Barrabas or El Profe.

Rickin: Or Chicky Starr.

Hugo: He respects Dutch Mantell and Gama Singh!

Rickin: He says he does.  You can't trust what comes out of Chicky Starr's mouth.  I trust Hercules Ayala.

Hugo: It's hard not to respect Bam Bam Bigelow!

Rickin: That might help, yes.  But Hercules Ayala is a man of his word.  Ayala is in the ring and there is the bell.

Mr. X vs. Hercules Ayala

Ayala runs over Mr. X with brawling and power wrestling, giving him no offense.  Ayala works on the leg for a bit, then puts on the reverse figure four for the submission.

Hercules Ayala by submission in 3:48 with the reverse figure four

Rickin: Ayala is a dominant wrestler when face with most opponents.

Hugo: Well, he is an experienced veteran who throws heavy punches, has great technique and weighs 270 pounds!

Rickin: Those are all attributes that make a man dominant in the ring, yes.  Up next I'll have a conversation with Carlitos Colon.

Hugo: And then the main event!! 

Rickin: Yes, Colon will team with Jos LeDuc and Invader 1 to take on Abdullah Tamba and WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions Los Primos Starr.

Hugo: What a big match!!  You really don't want to go anywhere!!

Rickin: We'll be right back.

(Commercial Break) 25:00 - 31:30

Rickin: Fans, I am talking to Carlitos Colon for the first time since that horrific beating he gave Abdullah the Butcher on July 5th.  Do you regret doing that when you think about the consequences?

Colon: Not one bit.  The man, if you would call him that, tried to permanently blind me.  There is no going back after that.

Rickin: So you have no regrets about the WWC Universal Title being held up?

Colon: I do, but I had to ask myself something.  Could I really stand before these great fans as their champion knowing that I hadn't taken my vengeance on Abdullah the Butcher for what he tried to do to me?  If he had succeeded I would have had to retire and live the rest of my life as a blind man!

Rickin: That is unforgiveable.

Colon: Yes it is.  And I will never forgive it.  As a man I had to show Abdullah the Butcher what happens when I am attacked on a level that personal.  I know Abdullah and I have had a lot of fights in the past and I have wanted nothing more than to drive him from Puerto Rico forever.  But to permanently blind a man is going too far.

Rickin: And the fire match, do you think it is a wise choice?

Colon: I'm not worried about wise.  I want my Universal Championship back and I want to hurt Abdullah the Butcher.  I get to do both.  I know the dangers and accept them.

Rickin: I can tell you based on my conversations with fans, the amount of support you got in the hospital and the turnout for your return that you have the unanimous suppport of the WWC fans.  

Colon: That is such a great thing.  People like Chicky Starr are driven by money and fame.  Abdullah the Butcher and los Pastores are bloodthirsty.  I want to give these great fans what they want, justice!  And that's what they will see on September 20th in Ponce!

Colon goes to join Invader 1 and Jos LeDuc in the aisle, but is mobbed by fans and takes the time to shake hands and briefly greet them.

Rickin: Carlitos Colon has been known to go to great lengths when he is pushed too far.  We saw that on July 5th in Hiram Bithorn Stadium.

Hugo: He definitely went a long way in Hiram Bithorn!  But after a man has tried to blind you how far is too far??

Rickin: Definitely a worthwhile question.  I wonder if Colon won't be distracted by the similarity between Abdullah Tamba and Abdullah the Butcher.

Hugo: It could happen!  And it could cost his team!

Rickin: It very much could.  If he is too focused on Tamba the Starrs could take advantage of that.

Hugo: And they will!  

Rickin: But then again, Carlitos has to believe that Chicky Starr had something to do with the attempt to blind him and that could be foremost on his mind.

Hugo: Yes, and I'm not so sure I believe Chicky wasn't involved.

Rickin: Speaking of Chicky Starr, here he is and the fans are greeting him.

Hugo: Chicky has really learned to enjoy the boos and garbage being thrown at him!

Rickin: This is an important thing?

Hugo: If the crowd isn't going to cheer you, yes!

Rickin: I suppose.  You do often say that there is more than one way to feed off of a crowd.

Hugo: Because there is!

Rickin: I have been aware of that for some time, I simply don't agree with it.

Hugo: Next time you talk to Chicky ask him if he wants your agreement.

Rickin: I know very well that Chicky Starr gave up on that long ago.  But he has always shown me a certain amount of respect.

Hugo: You two have mutual friends!

Rickin: Fair enough.  Ron and Chicky seem to be discussing strategy.

Hugo: Probably trying to make plans for how to take advantage of Colon being too aggressive!

Rickin: It would be a smart way to plan.  Referee Victor Quinonez has called for the bell.

Jos LeDuc, Invader 1 & Carlitos Colon vs. Abdullah Tamba & WWC Caribbean Tag Team Champions Los Primos Starr

Colon is under control right away as the faces control the match by isolating Chicky Starr.  Chicky hits a few punches on Invader 1 to make the tag to Ron, who immediately gets into trouble.  Finally Abdullah Tamba hits the ring illegally and LeDuc is quick to intercept.  Things break down as Colon attacks Chicky and they go outside.  Tamba hits a dropkick to send LeDuc outside, leaving Invader 1 and Ron in the ring.  Ron goes low on Invader 1 to take control and hits his big running knee.  Tamba punches LeDuc down outside and they double team Invader 1 while Quinonez shouts at Colon to stop punching Chicky and get back to his corner.  The match settles into Ron and Tamba giving Chicky time to recover.  Invader 1 finally tags Colon and the crowd goes nuts.  Colon goes right after Tamba, which lets the Starrs double team him and Tamba hits a splash off the top on Colon.  LeDuc breaks up the pin just in time, which touches off another brawl.  LeDuc ends up catching Tamba in the one-armed backbreaker for the three count just before Ron can break up the pin.

LeDuc, Invader 1 & Colon by pinfall in 14:39 with a one-armed backbreaker (LeDuc)

Following the match, the Starrs get Tamba out of the ring and retreat to the back.  Chicky is not at a loss for words towards the 3 men in the ring as he backs away from the ring.  Colon raises the arm of both LeDuc and Invader 1 in victory.

Rickin: More bad news for Chicky Starr and his Corporation.

Hugo: That was a wild finish!  Colon's unpredictability ended up making things go right for his team!

Rickin: It could have gone either way.  We are out of time fans.  We leave you with the cards for our big show in Ponce on September 20th.

Main Event: Abdullah the Butcher vs. Carlitos Colon for the vacant WWC Universal Heavyweight Title in a Fire Match

Los Super Medicos vs. Los Primos Starr (C) for the WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championship

Hercules Ayala vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (C) for the WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship

Dirty Dutch Mantell vs. Hangman Bobby Jaggers in a Cage Match

5 hours ago, kevinmcfl said:

Very intertesting to read your house show.  It is so different in style from your TV show with a focus on the wrestlers instead of the announcers.  I enjoy both and you seem to have WWC down pat, at least for what I saw of WWC IRL.

They are for different purposes.  The TV is to get the next generation of stars (Santana/Express/TNT) and the new foreign talent I cycle in (Battens, RPMs, eventually the Fantastics) over and give guys nationally televised maintenance wins after high profile losses.  Throw in a main event worth watching and the announcers to talk about the major things going on and frame the narrative.  Then add in the interviews with Rickin guiding the wrestlers to the major talking points and the Sports Shop to showcase Chicky's charisma.  He is easily the most charismatic guy in PR.  But with a very Tully Blanchard sensibility.  

I am going to alter the TV a little with some snippets of house show stuff from the past week and setting up the next week.  May end up cutting a squash to do it.

The house shows are 80s house shows.  It's where I make my money and the TV is so you go see those and watch the major (and minor) feuds unfold.  Will also be running one or two towns that don't have major arenas per loop too, just wanted to hit the big ones this time.  Most of it is within 15-20 miles of the major arenas anyway, so you can cover it pretty easy with the big arena shows.

I liked the spotlight put on Owen's  Light Heavyweight title by the announcers mentioning other contenders. Owen and Santana in a street fight will be an epic end to this feud. Cool seeing a different spin put on the Ayala/Bam Bam program with the respect angle. Ayala and Ron Starr in a taped fist series...YES!  Caribbean Express continue to look strong on TV and are climbing the tag team ranks. Fun Sports Shop as always, nice way to keep the heat on TNT while he's gone. Colon gets a good segment. I liked what he had to say. Wild main event as the faces end the show on a high note.  

WWC House Show 7/25/86
Pachin Vincens Stadium, Ponce, Puerto Rico

Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr vs. Brad Batten w/Bart Batten
Brad gives a good effort, but Abdullah Tamba constantly cuts him off with his power offense before he can get anything big in.  Brad rolls Tamba up for some close near-falls before Tamba hits a fall-forward slam and climbs up top for a big splash that gets the three.

Jos LeDuc vs. Jonathan Boyd w/Barrabas
Boyd has his ways of dealing with LeDuc's power advantage, namely brawling.  LeDuc is no slouch in this department but cannot keep up with the younger, more energetic Boyd when he is outside of arm's reach.  LeDuc controls when he can use his strength to ground Boyd and wear him down.  Barrabas, of course, tries to create openings when Boyd is being overpowered.  The end comes when Boyd misses a clothesline and runs right into a slam by the big Canadian.  LeDuc drops an elbow for a nearfall and then sets Boyd up for the one-armed backbreaker.  Abdullah Tamba hits the ring and starts brawling with LeDuc for the DQ.  Barrabas calls Boyd off and the brawl continues until security can get things cleaned up.

Super Medico 1 w/Super Medico 2 vs. Chicky Starr w/Ron Starr
This match goes back and forth with brawling from both sides.  The obligatory nutshot is seen from both Chicky and Super Medico 1.  Medico 2 and Ron start brawling on the outside while a bloody Chicky Starr rolls up Medico 1 with his feet on the ropes for the win.  The Starrs make a hasty retreat with their title belts.

Ron Starr & Bobby Jaggers vs. Dutch Mantell & Invader 1
This is a blody brawl with all four men bleeding, bringing the stiffness and selling.  Chicky Starr comes out to attack Invader 1, leading to a huge fracas involving Chicky Starr's entire entourage, Owen Hart, the Caribbean Express, Jos LeDuc, Ricky Santana, los Super Medicos, Ricky Santana and Hercules Ayala around ringside.  Invaders 1, 2 and Carlitos Colon overbalance the odds and the heels retreat.

NWA Light Heavyweight Championship
Ricky Santana vs. Invader 3 (C)
Mostly even match with Invader 3 pulling ahead in the end after a series of nearfalls for both.  Invader 3 hits the cannonball from the top rope for three.  Both men shake hands afterwards as Invader 3 holds up Santana's arm for the cheering crowd.

Great main event between Ricky Santana and Invader 3 here. I thought with Santana's latest interview on TV, he'd be able to regain the title but alas, that wasn't the case. And I shouldn't have expected anything less than a pier-six brawl in the semi-main event! Vintage Porto Rico! :)

I'm loving these house shows and was so happy to read you're going to be doing more of them. Tamba opens the show with a strong showing as his stock continues to rise. Tamba then does a run in on Leduc to continue their feud. Classic heel win for Chicky. It wouldn't be a WWC show without an all out brawl and the fans get it during the tag match. Solid and well wrestled main event without any chaos. This match showed the importance of the NWA Light Heavyweight title. 

WWC House Show 7/26/86
Rafael A. Mangual Coliseum, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

Bart Batten & Dutch Mantell vs. Mercenario 1 & Bobby Jaggers
Dutch goes after Jaggers before the bell and the match becomes Mercenario 1 against Bart Batten while Mantell & Jaggers brawl their way through the ring , much to the chagrin of referee Tomas Marin, occasionally.  Both Mantell and Jaggers use their riding crops and bust one another open.  Jaggers sneaks in a low blow on Dutch before getting in the ring and double teaming Batten.  A Jaggers hangman's neckbreaker finishes Batten off.  Jaggers is back on the outside after Dutch, but Dutch makes a big comeback and Jaggers heads for the hills.  Mercenario 1 had left ringside after the match and Dutch helps Batten to his feet.

Jos LeDuc vs. Victor the Bodyguard w/Chicky Starr
Victor is green, but he bumps well enough for LeDuc's power offense.  Chicky creates openings for his bodyguard, but the momentum is difficult to maintain.  LeDuc hits the one-armed backbreaker and covers Victor for the three.  Chicky motions to the back and Abdullah Tamba comes out to brawl with LeDuc.  Chicky and Victor don't have any intentions of getting in between the 270+ pounders and retreat as Abdullah Tamba slams LeDuc down on the outside and climbs into the ring.  A tope by Tamba hushes the crowd before they start booing and throwing garbage at Tamba on his way out.

The Caribbean Express vs. Jonathan Boyd & the Crusher w/Barrabas
This old rivalry picks up right where it left off with Barrabas sending his men (who got to the ring first) right after the Express.  The Express ends up taking over on Boyd for a while.  A distraction by the Crusher and a low blow by Boyd on Perez brings the Crusher in the ring to work on Perez.  Barrabas taunts Castillo at ringside to buy his men time to illegally double team.  Perez hits a powerslam on the Crusher (big pop) and barely makes the tag to Castillo.  Castillo cleans house to a frenzied crowd and even hits a sliding dropkick to Barrabas outside.  Castillo climbs up top and hits a missile dropkick on the Crusher to get the three.  Boyd and the Crusher are checking on Barrabas and helping him to the back as the Caribbean Express celebrate their win in the ring.

Ricky Santana & Invaders 2 & 3 vs. Owen Hart, Mercenario 2 & Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr
Owen makes sure that Ricky Santana is aware he is the WWC Light Heavyweight champ.  Chicky Starr's men are the bigger team and try to dominate through strength (Merc 2 & Tamba) and technique (Hart).  Santana and los Invaders are all quick teamwork,speed and heart.  Santana sends Hart outside and hits a big plancha.  Both Invaders dropkick Merc 2 outside and Invader 3 hits a big bullet tope.  Tamba sends Invader 2 to the outside and hits his tope on everyone.  Referee Ricky Vargas is counting everyone out as Jos LeDuc hits ringside to start beating on Abdullah Tamba with big punches and forearms.  Los Invaders use a double clothesline to knock Mercenario 2 down then whip Tamba into a running clothesline by LeDuc.  Santana has been chasing Hart, who collected his belt and ran towards the exit.  Hart turns around and decks Santana with the belt, busting him open.  LeDuc and los Invaders go over to help Santana, carrying him between los Invaders to the back.

WWC Caribbean Tag Team Championships
Invader 1 & Carlitos Colon vs. Los Primos Starr (C)
The Starrs are on the run early as both Invader 1 and Colon are always ready to get their hands on Chicky.  Both Starrs take punishment for extended periods before Chicky goes to the eyes on Colon.  Colon is not having it and keeps coming so Chicky goes low.  Colon takes a short beating before he tags Invader 1.  Invader 1 immediately has his mask pulled sideways by Chicky before the Starrs go to work on him.  Invader takes quite the beating befoe he hits a low blow on Chicky and tags Colon. Carlitos is cleaning house and the crowd is going insane.  Ron gets on all fours behind Colon after being knocked down and Chicky rushes forward, pushing Colon over Ron.  Invader 1 is still down as Chicky grabs two handfulls of trunks and leans all of his weight over Colon for the three.  Colon is even more furious and sends both Ron and Chicky out of the ring, standing tall as the Starrs get pelted with garbage taking their belts to the back.  Colon checks on a bleeding Invader 1 and the crowd roars as both Colon and Invader 1 walk around ringside interacting with the fans.

Fun makeshift tag match to start the show. Tamba and Leduc are really going at it and they're not even wrestling against each other. This really adds intensity to their feud. Caribbean Express get a big win. Love the 6 man tag match and craziness involved as it continues more feuds. The main event was the money match. I cant imagine how much Chicky infuriated that crowd. I feel bad for the clean up crew.  

I love how you get the heels over as heels purely by their actions even without the commentary. 

I really enjoyed the contrast between the clean-fought and respectful main event and the other matches on the card at Pachin Vincens Stadium.

WWC House Show 7/27/86
Roberto Clemente Stadium, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Dutch Mantell vs. Jonathan Boyd w/Barrabas
Boyd gets a quick start, but Dutch brawls right back into the match.  The match goes back and forth with very little wrestling.  Boyd tries using the tights to get the win but Dutch is just close enough to the ropes.  This only makes Dutch angry and he hits the short lariat followed by the gourdbuster for the three.

Jos LeDuc vs. Bobby Jaggers 
You can tell Jaggers isn't used to giving away 20 pounds, but he finds ways to stay in the match.  Mostly illegal.  LeDuc gets sick of it and starts doing a little cheating himself, which has Jaggers outside the ring and backing away.  Right into a Dutch Mantell clothesline right to the back of the head.  Mantell hammers away on the downed Jaggers with the riding crop, busting open the back of Jaggers' head.  LeDuc calmly walks by on his way to the dressing room, making no move to help or hurt Jaggers.  Abdullah Tamba and Victor the Bodyguard come out to run Dutch off and help Jaggers to the back.

The Caribbean Express & Ricky Santana vs. Owen Hart & Los Mercenarios
This match never truly gets started.  Before Hart and los Mercenarios get 5 feet out of the entrance Santana and the Express are sprinting at them from ringside.  Not one competitor ever enters the ring and everything at ringside gets used.  Eventually security has to help the referee and officials break up the brawl.

Ron Starr vs. Hercules Ayala in a taped fist match
Ayala goes right after Ron and hits an early low blow to keep the advantage when Ron starts in with right hands.  Ron regains the advantage the same way, then hits a big running knee before unloading on Ayala with punches.  Ayala takes Ron down and starts working over the leg, but Ron kicks him off on the figure four attempt.  Ron is looking for the DDT but gets a forearm right between the legs and Ayala rolls him up for the 1,2,3.

The Batten Twins vs. Invader 1 & 2
The Battens do surprisingly well with their very smooth teamwork to match that of los Invaders.  The match goes back and forth with no illegal tactics.  Invader 2 hits an out-of-nowhere double throat thrust on Bart and covers for the 3.  Both teams shake hands after the match.

Super Medico 1, 3 & Carlitos Colon vs. Victor the Bodyguard, Abdullah Tamba & Chicky Starr
The heat for this is off the charts.  Los Super Medicos and Colon control early, but Colon's need to go after Tamba gets him in trouble.  He takes a lot of damage before hitting a low blow on Chicky and tagging in Medico 1.  Medico 1 clears the Starrs from the ring but has some trouble with Tamba.  Luckily for him Medico 3 is there to help.  Medico 3 gets tripped up by Chicky Starr as he is the legal man taking on Tamba and Tamba slams Medicos 3 down.  He climbs up top and hits the big splash to put the match away.  Colon and Medico 1 hit the ring on fire and all three opponents are moving towards the exit as Medico 1 and Colon check on Medico 3.

Always love seeing Mantel and Jaggers go at it, didn't seem like Leduc was to interested in it LOL. Owen and Santana are out of control. Only a street fight can only resolve this. Ayala gets the first taped fist win. I liked the clean match between Invaders and Battens. Just two contending teams wrestling. Man, Chick and friends have been getting the best of Colon and friends on the loop. 

WWC House Show 7/31/86
Humacao, Puerto Rico

The Batten Twins & Dutch Mantell vs. Jonathan Boyd, the Crusher & Bobby Jaggers w/Barrabas
The babyfaces get a nice shine on Boyd and a short advantage on the Crusher before Jaggers interferes and Dutch goes right after him.  Both Mantell and Jaggers are busted open a few minutes later after brawling on the outside.  Boyd and the Crusher work on Bart for a while.  He makes the hot tag to Brad and Boyd ends up on the floor after a quick dropkick.  The Crusher takes a dropkick from Brad and doesn't go down, but a double clothesline puts him on the mat.  Dutch and Jaggers end up brawling into the ring, which leaves the Crusher with an advantage after he is pushed into Brad in the corner, squashing Brad.  Brad barely makes it to the ropes in a bearhug and the Crusher signals to the crowd it's over.  Bart has taken this time to roll into the ring and rolls the Crusher up for three.  Dutch and Jaggers are at the entrance, brawling their way out of the arena.  Barrabas sees it this time and is furios at referee Tomas Marin for counting to three.  The Crusher holds Marin at Barrabas' insistence and Boyd gets ready to hit the three point stance clothesline, but the Battens make the save and send Barrabas and his men packing to a hot crowd.

Super Medico 1 vs. Mercenario 1
Medico 1 is taking things slow and steady in this match.  He lets Mercenario 1 try to turn the match into an all-out brawl, but frustrates the bigger man by going after an arm.  Merc 1 ends up getting Medico 1 on the floor, but he counters a series of clubbing blows with his signature punch combo before slamming Merc 1 on the floor and hitting a plancha from the ring.  Merc 1 turns things around in the ring with a low blow and starts using his strength advantage.  Medico 1 reverses a slam attempt into an inside cradle for the three count.

Ricky Santana & Invader 3 vs. Owen Hart & Chicky Starr
Santana and Invader 3 work pretty well together, isolating first Owen and then Chicky early.  Hart goes to the eyes on Santana and the heels take over.  They use every dirty trick in the book to keep Invader 3 on the apron.  When Invader 3 does take the tag, referee Victor Quinonez doesn't see it.  Finally a bloody Santana crawls through the legs of both Owen and Chicky to tag Invader 3.  Invader 3 cleans house with the crowd eating it up.  He sends Chicky outside and hits a bullet tope while Santana drops Owen with a series of punches.  Santana climbs up top and hits the flying body press for the three count.  Post-match, Owen is yelling at Santana and pulling up on his own tights.  He and Chicky yell at Quinonez for not seeing the obvious cheating until both Santana and Invader 3 climb up on turnbuckles they can reach Hart and Starr from.  The heels retreat, shouting back at the ring along the way.

Victor the Bodyguard & Abdullah Tamba w/Chicky Starr vs. Invader 2 & Carlitos Colon
This one is a flat-out brawl.  Colon goes right after Tamba from the opening bell and referee Ricky Vargas loses all control of the match.  Colon has Tamba bloodied when Tamba makes a comeback and hits a clothesline on the floor.  The elephantine tope follows and both men are down in a heap.  Invader 2 is mostly in control with Victor, but he has learned the Chicky Starr way and has a power advantage.  And he has Chicky Starr interfering on his behalf.  A Victor DDT comes close to winning, but Colon is just in time.  Victor and Tamba double team Colon before Victor grabs a chair to hit Invader 2.  Invader 2 surprises him with a double throat chop and covers for the three while Colon and Tamba exchange punches on the floor.

Ron Starr w/Chicky Starr vs. Hercules Ayala w/Invader 1, taped fist, low blow results in DQ
This match is pretty much just these guys punching each other.  And running each other's head into the turnbuckle.  And the ringpost.  Mostly just two guys punching each other though.  Ayala doesn't even go for the leg to set up the reverse figure four.  Both Chicky and Invader 1 interfere liberally to get their man back in control.  Invader 1 finally just starts attacking Chicky, which distracts referee Victor Quinonez.  Ron uses this distraction to hit a low blow on Ayala and roll him up with a schoolboy that gets him three.  Ron and Chicky quickly retreat as Invader 1 checks on Ayala.  The fans let the Starrs know how they feel about that win.

I cant tell you how much I'm loving your house shows. You're doing such a great job with them. Hot opening 6 man tag to really get the crowd going. I've always enjoyed when tag wrestlers go one on one like here with Medico 1 and Merc 1. If I heard Owen was teaming with Chicky, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ticket. Santana gets the pin on Owen, just adds more fuel to this heated feud. Owen/Santana has been one of my favorite feuds in this game. Colon and Invader 2 needed that win. Even though coming up short, Victor and Tamba make a pretty good team. Awesome main event as Ron evens up the series with a dirty low blow. I liked seeing this match in the main event.