Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour July 1986

LowBlowPodcast

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=198607040NYN

WWF Presents: Showdown @ Shea II

July 4th 1986

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Tony Atlas & the Rockers vs Big John Studd and Power & Glory w/ Jimmy Hart

-This is the first chance the Rockers have to get their hands on Roma and my oh my does this one have some heat. Roma is garnering it all and he looks to be loving it. Inside the ring we’ve got a good 13-minute contest and we see the heat of the Rockers and P/G but also the strength match up of Atlas and Studd. Big John looks like he is in prime form here and looks good in the ring. The highlight is seeing the Rockers double dropkick him out of the ring to the floor. We see Jimmy Hart trying to get involved but nothing doing as the Rockers nail him. The finish sees Atlas and Hercules fighting outside of the ring. Inside the ring we see Marty Jannetty take a disgusting clothesline from Studd in which he does a huge flip that pops the crowd. That sets up Roma to come off the top with the flying body splash for the 3-count! Roma, Herc, and Studd have got some heat here with the crowd as they move up the aisle and work the crowd!

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © vs Don Muraco w/ Mr. Fuji

-A first solid outing for Curt Hennig as the TV Champion. This one has got a 20-minute time limit. These two go about 16-minutes. Much like their previous match we see Hennig play the face in foil in such a big way. He looks as though he is just about to be out of it and then he fights back with a great passion. This time we see Don Muraco going for the big tombstone but this time Hennig jumps over the back and the ducks a clothesline before hitting Muraco with a NASTY European Uppercut which wobbles him before Hennig grabs him for the Northern Lights Suplex for the 1…2…..3!!! Hennig holds the title high in the air and celebrates with some fans!

brothers.jpg

Sting & Warrior - The Blade Runners vs Los Conquistadors

-Who in the world is this guy?!? Sting and the Warrior come out looking JACKED and they beat the piss out of Los Conquistadors! They use some press slams and huge clotheslines to put things of tilt and then finish things off with a Warrior overhead press slam and then Sting off the top rope with a splash for the 3-count!! The crowd is going wild for these two face-painted badass dudes!

Billy Jack Haynes vs Greg Valentine w/ Jimmy Hart

-Greg Valentine is working his way back through the ranks and he really looks strong here. The crowd is behind Billy Jack who fights back but just doesn’t have the best momentum right now. The Hammer is rocking a new little shin guard and we see him flip it around before coming full board and just destroying Billy Jack’s skull with a shin kick! Billy Jack is busted wide open while the Hammer pins him with a handful of tights for the three count!

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

The British Bulldogs vs Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji

-This one has been building for quite some time and with Texas Tornado rules all hell breaks loose. These guys are all over the ring and the outside area. Smash and Ax both go against Davey and Dynamite and all the combinations get the crowd going. We do see Fuji get involved when he trips Dynamite. This leads to Demolition putting him in the ropes and then doubling up on Davey. Dynamite breaks free for the final segment and we see the Bulldogs looking strong and looking to finish. Davey hits the huge powerslam but when Dynamite is up on the top we see Fuji push him off and Dynamite goes flying into the guardrail outside the ring! Davey can’t believe it but here comes Ax with a huge double axe handle smash! Ax and Smash pick him up for a huge double spinebuster and get the 3-count! They are the winners and perhaps the new number one contenders!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth vs Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan

-We get into another hot contest here with Savage who comes out in a swank blue and orange outfit for the Mets who were victorious today against Nolan Ryan and the Astros. Windham comes out to a chorus of boos and he looks to be in great shape and steps into the ring with Randy Savage and they go through an amazing 23-minute battle. It starts with Savage being crazed and getting all over Windham before Windham slowing it down and working over the neck and the back. It builds to Savage getting a comeback and looking great before Bobby Heenan gets involved and while Savage is dealing with him Windham takes control again. Windham looks like he is going to finish when he puts Savage up on the top rope for the Superplex and hits it but gloats for just a moment too much before covering him for the 1…..2…..NO! NO! NO! Savage kicks out and the crowd erupts. Windham took too long! He can’t believe it! Now he’s coming with some huge right hands but Savage continues to come back up and the crowd is going nuts! Savage looks at Windham… he’s wide eyed and the veins in his neck are pulsing! He grabs him for some huge shots and it looks like Savage is ready to finish. He even pulls out a huge PILEDRIVER and Windham is down but not out. Savage goes to the top and waits for him to get up and when he does Savage NAILS him with a huge double axe-handle smash! Windham is down and Savage goes up top again for the FLYING ELBOW but Heenan pulls Windham’s leg and Barry rolls out of the ring before Savage can jump.  He runs to the other side of the ring and goes up top and flies outside the ring taking out both Heenan and Windham! Heenan is able to duck out of the way just enough to go over to Elizabeth! He is grabbing her arm and here comes Savage to pull him off here before Windham comes out of nowhere with a chair and BAM! He destroys Savage! The referee calls for the ring bell and this one is over and the crowd is not happy! Savage was in a position to win but the chair shot gives him the DQ victory! This is is pure chaos!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

2 out of 3 FALLS

The Hart Foundation © vs The Russians w/ Slick

-We slow things down here for a nice little tag team contest with these two teams These guys go about 18-minutes and have to follow up something special but do an alright job. There is some heat and it really gets going when we see a fun little bit. The Russians bring out these chains and early on in the match they just kill the Anvil. He is in a bad way outside the ring but this also makes the referee call for the bell and awards the first fall to the Hart Foundation via DQ! Bret is out there checking on the Anvil though as he seems to be spitting up some blood from the throat shot with the chain. The Russians then double up and work over the Hitman. They are doubling up on him as the crowd is chanting for the Harts but the Anvil is down and Bret is at the mercy of the Russians! They are working him over and then we see the big finish with Boris holding Bret up in a spinebuster and here comes Nikolai with a big Russian Sickle to the back of the neck and then Boris comes DOWN with the Spinebuster and 1...2….3! The Russians have taken the second fall! They are moments away from the tag titles but the 30-second break is in effect right now. The Anvil is spitting up blood as he climbs up. The Hitman seems to be out in the middle of the ring. Time is running down and the Russians are pining for it and then the bell rings and Nikolai with a flying knee drop and the 1…..2…..the Anvil breaks it up! OMG! Neidhart breaks it up and rolls Bret out of the ring! The Harts are in a bad way and here comes the Russians but the Anvil has got a fight and he’s rocking both of the Russians with some big forearms! The crowd is getting back into it and here comes Boris from behind and now they are doubling up on him but here comes the Hitman and he throws a huge right hand and stumbles Boris! The referee gets control of the contest and they slow it down for a couple of minutes before getting into a very chaotic finish. Slick is outside the ring trying to get control of the referee but here comes Bret Hart with a huge dropkick and Boris flies out of the ring into Slick! Nikolai comes and he nails Bret who goes out of the ring but holds on to the ropes just enough. The Anvil hits the ropes and nails a HUGE FLYING SHOULDER BLOCK on Nikolai! Nikolai nails the turnbuckle and the Anvil picks him up and here comes Bret Hart out of nowhere with the HART ATTACK! 1….2….3!!!! The Harts have won it and retains the titles! Anvil is bleeding from the mouth. Bret is holding his ribs. They both have the titles and that’s what matters.

STRETCHER MATCH

Andre the Giant vs Sika w/ Mr. Fuji

-One of the big ones on the card and what a night it has been. These guys go about 12-minutes… nothing special. Just a big Andre showcase with his aura being a big deal here in Shea. Sika fights him off pretty good but just not enough to be any kind of serious threat. We see Sika work over the arm and get control but then Andre fights back and he knocks him out with the big right hand. The stretcher is laid outside the ring and Andre picks up Sika and then slams him on the stretcher and it breaks as he lands. Andre is the winner and works the crowd. Nothing too crazy but the Giant is a spectacle and worth the ovation.

-We see a spectacle of an entrance here as the lights go down a little bit and we hear a thunder as members of the crowd look up and there is a helicopter! It lands in the entry field and out walks Bobby Heenan and he opens the door for Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Angel, and the WWF World Champion… Ric Flair!

DEDYak6XUAArG-_.jpg

-The Horsemen get into the ring and the crowd is wild as we see Wahoo and Tito come out to a good ovation but then we see fireworks start to go crazy and REAL AMERICAN hits and this crowd just explodes! With close to 50,000 in the stands and then another 5,000 on the ground and they are all on their feet and Hulk Hogan is running WILD right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_k5_egUAo

MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, & Tito Santana vs Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

-This is what they’ve been waiting for and what an entrance by Ric Flair and the Horsemen only to be outdone by the ovation that Hogan gets when he comes out. This is a match that has three different parts. The first being the feeling out process in which Hogan does everything he can to get Flair in the ring but Blanchard and Anderson won’t allow it. We see Wahoo come in and he chops the hell out of everyone until Flair comes in and they start chopping away at each other until Wahoo flips Flair over his head and then Wahoo tags in Hogan but Flair tags out and the crowd is upset. The rest of the first part of this contest sees Tito Santana doing some tremendous work with Anderson and then Flair but he and Tully just tear it up inside that ring.

hqdefault.jpg

-The second part of the contest sees the pace start to quicken up as the Hulkster gets in the ring and he shows off his strength but nothing crazy. Then we see Wahoo come in and his strength is unmatched. The Horsemen then chop block him and take control. Flair is doing everything he can to rile up the fans and Hogan as he is wooing in his face! Hogan tries to get in but it just serves as foil for the Horsemen who continue to double and triple up on Wahoo as they have complete control of the match… but the fans… they remember the 1964 Jet… they remember Wahoo playing football right here in Shea Stadium and they start to chant Wahoo… Wahoo…. Wahoo…. And the big man is starting to FIRE UP! Wahoo and Flair chop one another but Wahoo gets control and whips Flair into the corner and comes with a huge CHOP!

maxresdefault.jpg

-Wahoo crawls over as Flair tags in Tully and Wahoo tags in the Hulkster who comes in like a house of fire. He is rocking and rolling all over the ring! Tito Santana out of nowhere with a flying forearm on Anderson sending him flying! Wahoo gets to his feet and tackles Tully out of the ring. Ric Flair then slowly gets up and turns around and there he is… the Hulkster!

hqdefault.jpg

-The crowd is going absolutely wild! Hogan FINALLY gets his hands on Flair with some huge rights and lefts and the fans are going wild with each shot! Anderson and Tully get back in but Hogan is able to fight them off until Flair chops Hogan’s knee! They all attack the knee and Flair then locks in the figure four and Hogan is in a bad way!

Ric%20Flair%20with%20Bastard%20Hogan%20i

-Hogan then starts to fight back and the crowd is going absolutely wild! He rolls over and Flair has to let go! He rolls over and here comes Tully to try and finish up the job but nothing doing as we have got a chaotic turn of events here with Wahoo and Tito coming in and pure chaos! When it is all said and done it is Tully who is looking to finish Hogan but Hogan ducks a big clothesline and then Wahoo McDaniel comes out of nowhere with a huge overhead chop on Tully and here comes Hogan with the LEGDROP! 1...2….3!! Hogan and company have won it! They are working the crowd and celebrating while Flair looks to get back in there with Hogan who welcomes him in but the Horsemen retreat. Flair continues to taunt Hogan with the title and someday… somewhere… these two men are going to have to settle this conflict!

Great card at Shea Stadium. I've always wondered what could've been for the Blade Runners on a bigger stage and we'll get to see it so I'm pretty pumped for that.

I loved the use of those images to enhance the quality of the writeups, much like gordi does with his JWA stuff. Kind of pictures the key moments of every match. Fantastic main event with Hogan scoring an important victory by pinning Tully. Great teamwork between Wahoo & Hulk and honestly, I'd like to see them team more together as you might've stumbled upon something here!

What an awesome week this has been! Showdown at Shea finishes an epic week of Super Cards! 

Fun 6 man tag to open the show. Rockers had a good shine. Atlas and Studd still have unfinished business. Strong finish by the heels. 

Very good booking here as Hennig gets his first TV title defense over the very credible Muraco. 

Oh snap! The Blade Runners in the WWF! This is way to cool! They're gimmicks fit in so well here and this team is going to generate some big time excitement.

LOL! Valentine and the shin guard, this is fantastic. Valentine sends out a strong message that he's a threat.

The tornado match was chaotic fun. Man, after that finish, Demolition deserves to be number one contenders.

The IC title match was classic but I was expecting nothing less from these two greats. This epic feud has been going on awhile and the heat just keeps coming as shown here tonight. It turns up to an even higher level! This has been one of my favorite feuds in the game and it looks like it's far from over. 

The Tag Title match had a hard act to follow but man the Foundation and Russians do the job. Intense match here with the Russians hurting Anvil with the chain. The Russians looked really strong tonight. Incredible babyface comeback by the Hart Foundation as they retain. Now they have Demolition to deal with. 

Typical Andre match but when it's Andre, that's all you need. Andre gets his revenge and the fans are happy. 

The main event, and wow was that ever a main event match. The helicopter entrance by the Horsemen was awesome! Funny side note, I had Dibiase ride out in a limo and that idea came from Flair's epic helicopter entrance. Hogan manages to eclipse this by getting a 50,000 fan pop! The match was off the charts. I loved the reference to Wahoo's football days with the Jets. The match was full of drama and anticipation. I could just imagine the roar when Hogan finally got his hands on Flair. Tito has a great shining moment with the flying forearm blast. The Horsemen looked strong but Hulkamania runs wild in the end. This just sets up more anticipation for the inevitable Flair/Hogan rematch. 

Awesome Job! With this being such a success I can only hope for a Showdown at Shea 3 next year. 

Great show that really lived up to the hype!

What a great way to debut Warrior, I think he can really benefit from being part of a tag team at this stage of his career as will Sting.

Savage vs. Windham is one of the best feuds going right now, these guys are in their prime here!

Great win for Andre in front of this huge crowd, Sika is a tailor made opponent for the Giant.

What a main event! This is the biggest feud in wrestling right now and this perfect to keep it going as Hulk and company get the win but Flair is still champion which keeps the heat.

Six man is a solid opener to get the crowd hot.  Hennig gets a big win over Muraco and his reign is off to a good start.  I liked the debut of Warrior as well.  He should do well in a tag team with the Stinger.  Hammer debuting the shin guard is a nice way to protect Billy Jack.  Demolition look very strong going over the Bulldogs.  I love Heenan saving the match for Windham.  Keeps the program hot and the fans hating the Horsemen/Heenan.  The Harts pulling the victory out after those first two falls was big.  Main event delivers in a big way with everybody getting their shit in.  Hogan pinning Tully is a great outcome, works so well towards the eventual Flair/Hogan rematch.

Nice show here.  The highlight for me would have to have been the Windham/Savage match.  I found myself wishing for the title change but with the ending, it could still happen.

I also enjoyed the debut of the Blade Runners.  To me, this marks the beginning of the gimmickly late 80's/early 90's that saw WCW and the WWF go head to head with all the glitz they could both muster as both moved away from the thought that wrestling was real to the idea that it was entertainment.

Valentine seems to be a true "company guy" as he does whatever he is asked to.  To me, he is one of the best ever.

I completely understand the slow play of Hogan vs Flair.  This two have been doing a dance now for almost 3 months and I wonder if there ever could be an end game.  Both seem to need to be the champ or the #1 contender to work so I could see this going on for years like a Dory vs Jack thing.  If it does, it would mean sell out after sell out for the WWF owners which would become a fun aspect of this project.  Would love to see Andre  or Brett Hart to get involved here as they could take some weight off of Hogan and Flair.

Also glad that it was Nolan Ryan on the mound for the Astros as the Mets couldn't touch Mike Scott in 86 as he scuffed his way to being the best pitcher in baseball

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge
Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Worcester, MA - Centrum

Featuring: The Rockers, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, & Wahoo McDaniel

WWF Live 7/5
Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana via roll up @ 46 minutes!

Wahoo McDaniel defeated Barry Windham via DQ

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation © defeated Demolition via DQ when Demolition attacked and destroyed Bret Hart on the guardrail outside of the ring

Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

The Rockers vs Power & Glory went to a double count out

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © went to a 20-minute draw with Greg Valentine

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Worcester, MA - Centrum

Featuring: Demolition, Billy Jack Haynes, Barry Windham, Power & Glory, and Sting

WWF Live 7/6
Chicago, IL – Rosemont Horizon

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana @ 54 minutes

Randy Savage defeated Barry Windham © via DQ

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard defeated The Hart Foundation to become NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Big John Studd & Power & Glory defeated Tony Atlas & The Rockers

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © vs Greg Valentine went to a 20-minute draw

Huge News! Tully and Arn win the WWF Tag Titles! Wow, I did not see that coming at this point but man that's awesome. I like how Tully and Arn do the job to Hogan and Savage in Detroit and bounce back the next night to win the titles. I think their rematches with the Hart Foundation will be money. However, the Hart Foundation looks to have unfinished business with Demolition. Things in the tag division have become very interesting.

Flair has the World Title. Windham has the IC title and now Tully and Arn have the tag straps. The 4 Horsemen rule the WWF right now. The clubs in Chicago made a lot of money that night. I love the Flair/Santana main events. I think their chemistry works so well here. The Hennig/Valentine matches looked pretty solid and I hope this program continues for a bit. Power and Glory/Rockers continues to be a fun feud. 

wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from: St. Louis, MO – Kiel Auditorium

Prime Time opens this week with some footage from the Rosemont Horizon last night in which Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard defeated the Hart Foundation! We go to the arena and Jesse and Gorilla are standing by as out walk the Horsemen and they have all the gold and they are led by Heenan and followed by Angel and Sherri and they are making a scene...

real-horsemen-stories4.jpg

The promo starts with Gorilla Monsoon trying to get the Horsemen to admit that Hulk Hogan and company won at Saturday Night’s Main Event and at the Showdown but the Horsemen have this to say...

Ric Flair: I got one question for you Gorilla Monsoon… WHAT’S CAUSING ALL THIS!?!? Look at it right here… the World’s title… the Intercontinental Title… the Tag Team Titles… the Brain… the Women… and my oh my we have got SO MUCH MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bobby Heenan: Let me tell you something Monsoon and all the naysayers out there. You all said it couldn’t be done. You all said that it wouldn’t happen. Jesse Ventura was in our corner. The people who know who we are supported us but no… not you… not Hulk Hogan… not Randy Savage… not the Hart Foundation. Well look at what is going on right here… look at the gold and this is just a taste of what is going to happen from here on out. This is just a preview of where we’re going and how there will be no one safe from what we look to accomplish!

Gorilla: Yeah you say that now… but how about Showdown at Shea… Savage won… Hogan, Tito, and Wahoo won…

Barry Windham: What you fail to understand Monsoon is that we may have stumbled but we haven’t fallen. You see the Intercontinental Championship right here… it is with me… not Randy Savage. These tag titles… with Arn and Tully not the Harts… the World title… here with Ric Flair and not Hulk Hogan! Randy Savage in my mind you are done. You are not even in my league and no longer a challenger for this title. At best you couldn’t even lace my boots pal… and I have proven it time and time again!

Arn Anderson: If you have ever heard the term lose the battle but win that war that’s exactly what we have going on here. You see we don’t worry about the past… we focus on the here and now and the future. The here and now is that we have all the gold. We have got the titles and we are the ones in control. The future… well that means the end of Hulk Hogan… the end of Randy Savage… the end of the Hart Foundation… the end of Tito Santana… and the end of Wahoo McDaniel! What you have here is a unit of men all working collectively for a common goal and we are meeting those goals week in and week out!

Gorilla: Yeah but how about the fact that the Harts were hurt at the Showdown and then injured again the next night against Demolition?

Tully Blanchard: What you just can’t seem to get is that we fight night in and night out! If they couldn’t handle the match they shouldn’t have walked down the aisle. If they couldn’t cut the mustard well don’t get in the kitchen pal. I will give credit where it is due and that they are fighting champions but when you fight with the best… you go down like the rest!

Bobby Heenan: And that goes for everyone out there. I want everyone to understand something right now… these titles are firmly where they belong. They are ours and will forever be ours. We open the door for any and all challengers but know this… when you step in the ring with one of us you are stepping into the ring with all of us!

-We then hear a pop from the crowd when Tony Atlas and Dino Bravo walk out to the ring. They come out and say that they wouldn’t mind going up against Arn and Tully for those titles but Arn and Tully say they don’t belong in their league. They won’t give them a shot at the titles but they will take them on in an six-man tonight if they can find a partner. Then the crowd really gets hot when Curt Hennig comes out and he makes it clear that the Horsemen don’t have all the gold and he is open to challenging any of them if it comes down to it. Atlas says they will be ready and the Horsemen are ready whenever they are! We’ve got a big one lined up tonight! Get Pumped!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we see the Rockers come out and they put over the tag team division and talk about Paul Roma and Hercules. They put them over as Herc and Jerk and say that their issue is far from over and would like to challenge them anytime… anywhere…

Dennis Stamp & Barry Horowitz vs Power & Glory w/ Jimmy Hart

-A great showcase for P&G. They look great here and a lot of people want to see them and the Rockers go to work at some point soon. The PowerPlex is the finish and they get the win.

Jimmy Hart and company walk over to the booth and put over wanting to face the Rockers whenever they sign the contracts. Speaking of contracts we hear that Greg Valentine is going to challenge Curt Hennig at the earliest date for the Television Championship! Then we hear that Big John Studd is going to come out here and put on a showcase next week and he challenges any man to come out here and do the same!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we hear from Slick who has got his Russians. He puts over how they may not have the titles but they put everyone on notice. Slick says he may not be in line against the Horsemen but don’t put it paste them! The Russians flex and cowl as they have some heat and could be in line for more down the line with the right wins.

Sting w/ Warrior vs Super Invader III (Jim Powers)

-Another great showcase for the Stinger who is up against the Super Invader here. Sting is really on fire right now and looks fantastic in the ring. The Warrior is a jacked up dude outside the ring and he gets the crowd going. Sting hits the big Splash and then hits the big splash for the 3-count.

DYHJgp8UMAIQyuW.jpg

Sting and Warrior come over and work the crowd. Gorilla and Jesse put them over as a new team but Jesse says they couldn’t handle what the Russians bring to the table or some of the other teams out there. Sting and Warrior say they are up for the challenge against anyone. Jesse says he has got the word on a new team here in the WWF that doesn’t like to follow the rules. He has got a line on a new team that doesn’t quite like to follow the rules per se. Warrior and Sting say they are up for any challenge and don’t care who it is!

*COMMERCIAL*

We are back here on PT and Demolition are out with Mr. Fuji. He puts over Demolition and how they have clearly become the tag team champions and he holds the Harts personally responsible! He says that they have cost them the titles and that retribution will come to them. Fuji puts over how Don Muraco was cheated out of the Television Title and that he has got a new talent coming in. He is from the land of the rising sun and he has plans to make him number one here in the WWF like the others.

The crowd then pops when the Harts do come out. They put over how they may have bitten off more than they could chew by facing the Russians, Demolition, and the Horsemen in three days! But they know that’s part of the job when you are a champion and whether you have the titles or not you are still fighting for them every time you step into a ring! The Harts say that they aren’t afraid of Demolition and that they are merely stepping stones to get back to the titles. Fuji puts over how Demolition will be here with Don Muraco next week and the Harts say they won’t be alone and here comes Billy Jack Haynes! Billy Jack says he will be with the Harts next week against Demolition and Muraco and that has got some juice in it.

*COMMERCIAL*

-PT is back and the Horsemen are in the ring. They are working the crowd and out comes Tony Atlas, Dino Bravo, and Curt Hennig. Gorilla puts this over in a huge way and talks about the

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT MAN TAG

Tony Atlas, Dino Bravo, & Curt Hennig vs the Horsemen w/ Bobby Heenan

-It may not be Savage, Tito, Wahoo, or the Hulkster but damn the Horsemen have got some new challengers and Ric Flair puts it over as he’s in the booth. Hennig gets a huge pop from the crowd and he has got a lot of fans behind him. This is a great tv main event with some fresh faces for the championized Horsemen. The power of Atlas and Bravo is something to behold. The real treat of this match is seeing Hennig in there with Arn, Tully, and Windham.  They are going wild and Hennig is actually getting the better of the champions for a couple of minutes. The Horsemen do get control of the match and they all take their turns. We see them all take apart Hennig who plays the babyface in peril in such a great way. He is able to make the big tag to none other than the Tony Atlas though and he comes in like a damn house of fire and he is throwing rights and lefts like crazy. Atlas with a huge back body drop on Arn and then a powerslam on Tully! Windham dives for a clothesline but Atlas ducks and nails him with a big clothesline and a USA!! The crowd is going wild but the Horsemen pounce and we’ve got some chaos here. Everyone is fighting but then it is Windham who gets control of Bravo and he is looking to finish. The crowd then explodes when out of nowhere comes Randy Savage! The Macho Man is here and he jumps into the ring and attacks Windham! The referee calls for the bell and the Horsemen win via DQ! Savage is pounding away at Windham and the fans are just going nuts. The Horsemen are all taking shots at Savage and here come the officials and agents. They are pulling him off. Atlas, Bravo, and Hennig are now in the mix trying to hold him back as Savage is trying to get to Windham. The Horsemen back up the aisle and Flair is even interested in getting involved but backs off… Savage goes over to Monsoon!

hqdefault.jpg

Randy Savage: BARRY WINDHAM! This isn’t over pal! This is FAR from over! You want to talk down to me huh? You want to take the crown huh? You want to take the title huh? Well brother you can have them but you can’t take my pride yeah… I am coming for you and brother consider it the brawl to end it all! OHHH YEAAAAHHHH! I am coming for everything you got and I am not going to finish until it is all said and done. I am going to leave you lay brother and there will be nothing left! DIGT IT!

-The crowd pops for Savage and Gorilla puts it over in a big way. Fans next week we’ve got a huge six-man with the Harts and Billy Jack taking on Fuji’s guys… plus we will have The Russians in action!

Typical Horsemen interview to completely dismiss Showdown at Shea but they had a pretty darn good reason to do so! They got the top titles in the company so they can fully brag about it. I loved that you booked Tony Atlas, Dino Bravo & Curt Hennig right off the bat to go against them. This really makes us feel like in the eyes of the Horsemen, they've already beaten everybody and they don't take the opposition seriously. Adding Curt to Atlas & Dino definitely added some oomph to that 6-Men Tag (and not 8-Men Tag, as the typo said! :p ) so job well done.

And I'll be damned, Dennis Stamp got booked in the Project!

(And please, refer to Power & Glory as Herc & Jerk from now on LOL)

Great follow up here. The Horsemen with another classic promo and all the titles back up their claims. The tag team division here is on fire. The promos by Harts, Russians, and Demolition put them right back in the swing of things. Then you have the gem feud with Power and Glory/Rockers. And now the Blade Runners are making some noise along with a new team on the horizon. It just keeps getting better. Fun 6 man TV main event. Tony Atlas was always one of my favorites so it's fun seeing him get some shine. Hennig is really becoming a star here. Savage made it clear, he's not done with Windham. Man, it's great seeing the Horsemen dominant the WWF. 

WOW loved Shea Stadium each match had a big match feel and deserved a place on the card and really made me wish i could have watched it for real. 

As for prime time I loved the Horsemen and Savage promos and once again a great main event.

All in all it was a great introduction for me into the WWF.

Arn and Tully are the tag champs and all is well in Horsemen land

Hennig/Atlas/Bravo may be one of the most unique 6 man teams to ever come together in the project..great opponents for the Horsemen.

Looking forward to the slow build to the top for Dennis Stamp....just think of all the marketing opportunities Vince can capitalize on with him! A 'Dennis Stamp's Rock & Wrestling' cartoon, Dennis Stamp Action Figure, Dennis Stamp Stamps...I go could go on and on!

Detroit got a big time show for Challenge.  Seriously looked like big house show quality stuff.  The double main with Flair/Tito and Barry/Wahoo would have brought the house down.  Same goes for the Rosemont with a tag title change to boot!

WHAT'S CAUSING ALL THIS?  You did your homework on Flair my man, and it's paying off. :)  Great promo by all of the Horsemen and Heenan.  Herc and Jerk is a good cheesy 80s line.  Good squash for P & G.  Another good squash for the Stinger.  I like that the Harts and Demo are still going despite no titles.  Savage crashing the main and cutting a very, very Savage promo to close the show is a great way to sign off.  Great PT yet again.

wcd0.jpg

Featuring: The Great Muta w/ Mr. Fuji, Bunkhouse Buck, The Blade Runners, The Rockers, & Curt Hennig

BIG NEWS: We also get news that Jack Tunney will be on Prime Time to address Randy Savage!

WWF Live 7/12

Dallas, TX - The Convention Center

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Tito Santana @ 47 minutes

INDIAN STRAP MATCH

Wahoo McDaniel defeated Barry Windham

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Arn & Tully ©  defeated Dino Bravo and Tony Atlas

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

superstarslogo.png

Featuring: Tony Atlas & Dino Bravo, Curt Hennig, The Russians, Greg Valentine, & Big John Studd

BIG NEWS: We also get news that Jack Tunney will be on Prime Time to address Randy Savage!

WWF Live 7/13
Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum

MAIN EVENT

EIGHT-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, Tito Santana, & HACKSAW DUGGAN (surprise) defeated The Horsemen

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

The Hart Foundation defeated Demolition via DQ

The Rockers defeated Power & Glory

Big John Studd defeated Tony Atlas

Matches from: Phoenix, AZ – Veterans Memorial Auditorium

Prime Time opens up with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the nights big card with a huge six-man tag and then a special one on one contest with Tully Blanchard and Tony Atlas! We then hear the crowd stir as out comes Jack Tunney...

wwf-president-jack-tunney-ringside.jpg

-This is an interesting little bit as Tunney comes out and calls out Savage who is white hot right now. Savage says he wants the title match from Windham and wants it so that no Horsemen can get involved. He wants Heenan suspended from ringside and he says that he will make it so Liz won’t be there. Jack Tunney then comes back with the fact that Savage has not truly beaten Barry Windham. This starts to rile Savage up. Tunney says there are many other contenders for the Intercontinental Championship that deserve a shot and it is time to give them an opportunity. Savage says he understands but knows that Windham has never beaten him without the help of the Horsemen or Bobby Heenan! Tunney says that at this time… Randy Savage is no longer a contender for the Intercontinental Championship and then Savage grabs him by the coat and Gorilla and Jesse intervene! Here come officials and agents like Pat Patterson and Gerry Brisco! They are trying to get control of him as Jack Tunney storms off… my oh my what a start…. Let’s head to the ring.

The Tonga Kid vs Steve Lombardi

-This is a quick one as Tonga Kid looks good in the ring. He has got some speed here and looks great with a flying dropkick off the top rope! The crowd is going wild and Tonga Kid grabs Lombardi and hoists him up for a big SAMOAN DROP for the 3 count! Tonga goes and works the fans who appear to be pretty excited for him!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Slick coming out and putting over the Russians again! He heard some rumblings about WWF officials not knowing who the true number one contenders for the tag titles where and Slick says that they have to look no further than the Russians. They are in action as we head to the ring!

Todd Champion and Curtis Thompson vs The Russians w/ Slick

-The Russians looks STRONG here tonight and they have got some big time heat with the crowd. Boris and Nikolai really beat the hell out of these two guys before finishing them off with the Russian Nightmare as they call it with the holding Russian Sickle into the Spinebuster for the 3-count!

Sting and Warrior come out and cut another promo with Jesse and Gorilla. Jesse says that these two guys may have the bodies but they don’t have the brains. That's when Sting gets hot with Jesse but the Body says that he isn’t out here for a fight… he just wants to see if they are up for a challenge. The Warrior comes back saying they spend a lot of time in the gym and a lot of time in the ring but they don’t spend time with losers and that’s what Jesse is being right now and if he’s got a team then he should send them out and lets the Blade Runners do what they do best! We’ll see where this one goes!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Jimmy Hart out here with his men and he puts over Big John Studd who is about to do something no one else in the WWF can do… he is going to face two men at the same time! He puts over the Power and Glory stuff with the Rockers and says that they will get exactly what’s coming to them before too long. Then he finishes saying that Greg Valentine will be looking to get his revenge on Curt Hennig and challenges him for the TV title on Superstars this week if he’s up for it!

Dennis Stamp & Bob Bradley vs Big John Studd

-Studd looks awesome here and looks to be in great shape. He handles Stamp and Bradley here with no problem whatsoever. He ends up slamming both men on top of one another. Studd just puts his foot on these guys and gets the victory. He then starts throwing them around and looking pretty nasty...

As the agents and referees are helping Stamp and Bradley we see Wahoo McDaniel come out and he cuts a promo on the Horsemen saying that his business with them is far from over. He says he understands just how upset Randy Savage is and knows that he will get his hands on Barry Windham some day. Then we see Big John Studd and Jimmy Hart come over and say they are the ones who deserve the prime time treatment here… not Wahoo. They of course have words and Wahoo says that he is open to seeing Studd one on one anytime he gets the guts to step in that ring. Studd and Hart laugh it off and then walk away.

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we’ve got two more huge matches coming up as Gorilla and Jesse put them over and then we hear them say that Jack Tunney will address the incident with Randy Savage earlier on this evening after this next contest as we head to the ring!

SIX-MAN TAG

Billy Jack Haynes & The Hart Foundation vs Don Muraco & Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji

-A pretty good little six-man with these guys all having some issues with one another and we can see the veracity between the Harts and Demolition as they have got some serious issues with one another after Demo cost them the tag titles. Billy Jack and Muraco do enough to keep it interesting but aren’t a huge commodity in the scheme of things. The finish is pretty slick when we see the Hart Foundation look like they’re ready to finish off Muraco but when Bret hits the ropes for a Hart attack it is Fuji who DESTROYS a cane over his back which leads to Demolition coming in and getting control. We see them look to finish but then Billy Jack comes back in a big way. The Harts start rocking and they look to finish but out of nowhere a guy shows up!

D1YnGeQ.gif

What in the world is going on here? This guy just sprayed the green something into the face of Bret Hart! Bret has been blinded as Billy Jack and the Harts are winners via DQ. Jesse puts over how this is Muta! He is Fuji’s man from the Orient! These guys are beating the piss out of the Foundation and Billy Jack as officials come out. This mysterious man has made himself known...

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back with PT with limited time remaining… but we see Jack Tunney come out and he announces that due to the actions from earlier this evening that not only will Randy Savage not receive a rematch against Barry Windham but he has also been suspended for 30 days for his actions! The crowd is not happy about it while Tunney leaves the area and we head to the ring.

MAIN EVENT

Tony Atlas vs Tully Blanchard w/ Angel
-This one doesn’t have a lot of time remaining but these two get right to work. Tully is perhaps the best chicken shit heel in wrestling and he cans till bring it when he needs to in there and he does. Tully carries the contest with some nice heat and he sells for Atlas who throws him around pretty good. Tully controls the beginning of the contest but then Atlas takes control and a couple of huge powerslams is spelling the end for Tully. We see Arn Anderson and Barry Windham come out and the crowd is stirring. They are trying to get involved but here comes Dino Bravo out and we’ve got a brawl in the aisle. Here comes Ric Flair now and he attacks Bravo! The Horsemen have control of this one outside the ring but inside the ring Atlas grabs Tully for a powerslam but Angle holds his leg and Atlas then sees what’s going on outside the ring and goes out to help Dino as the fight goes back into the ring but then the crowd pops as out of the back come HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN! He is back in the WWF and comes out with the 2x4 and clears house with a couple of whacks to Anderson and Blanchard. He calls Flair a pussy as time is running out. Hacksaw is here! Savage is suspended! More on PT next week!

hqdefault.jpg

Fun cards in Texas. Smart booking having Wahoo beat Barry in a strap match. The fans in Houston must of blown the roof off the place when Duggan showed up. 

TV starts off hot and we find out later Savage will be out of the picture for 30 days. I wonder who Barry's next challenger will be? You can count on Tonga Kid to get a crowd going. I love your booking of the Russians and that finisher was insane. Studd makes a dominant statement here. I'm all for a Studd/Wahoo program. Wow what a debut for Muta! A Muta/Hart match will be off the charts. Liked the Tully/Atlas match. Cool seeing Atlas and Bravo teaming again. The show ends with a bang as Hacksaw Duggan returns in a big way! It seems like a lot of alliances might be forming to take on the Horsemen. 

Dallas got a great card with an under the radar 20 minute match between Hennig and Valentine.  Do you have that match on tape? :)  Houston got one too, I'm so jealous.  

Savage getting hot at Tunney is a nice touch.  Tunney is as unaware of his being an asshole as ever.  Excited to see Tonga Kid.  He was such a great talent in the 80s.  And super energetic.  Russians are killing it of late.  Jesse vs. the Blade Runners sounds like a good way to get babyfaces over.  Please let Hennig accept that challenge.  Studd looks very menacing, right up until he won't fight Wahoo.  Great, great debut for Muta.  He is going to be a big time addition to your roster.  Just remember that you might need to turn him face when the fans start thinking he's way too cool to boo.  Big debut for Hacksaw on TV too!  If he keeps rolling like that he'll be a Hogan partner against the Horsemen in no time.

WWF on Tour
San Diego, CA – Sports Arena
Sacramento, CA – Arco Arena
Anaheim, CA – Convention Center

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © w/ Angel defeated Hacksaw Duggan via DQ

The Hart Foundation defeated Demolition

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Hercules & Roma defeated The Rockers

WWF on Tour
Tucson, AZ – Civic Center
Fresno, CA – Convention Center
San Bernardino, CA – Orange Pavilion

Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tito Santana

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Arn & Tully © defeated The British Bulldogs

Don Muraco w/ Fuji defeated SD Jones

The Great Muta defeated Jim Powers

wcd0.jpg

Featuring: The Rockers, The Hart Foundation, Barry Windham, Billy Jack Haynes, & Don Muraco

WWF Live 7/19
Oakland, CA – The Coliseum

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Windham, Arn, & Tully

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan via DQ
TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © defeated Greg Valentine via DQ

Demolition defeated The Hart Foundation

The Rockers defeated Hercules & Roma

superstarslogo.png

Featuring: Demolition, Big John Studd, The Great Muta, Bunkhouse Buck, & Wahoo McDaniel

WWF Live 7/20
Los Angeles, CA – Sports Arena
MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, & Wahoo McDaniel defeated Windham, Arn, & Tully

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan via DQ
TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Curt Hennig © defeated Greg Valentine via DQ

Demolition defeated The Hart Foundation

The Rockers defeated Hercules & Roma

Matches from: Denver, CO - McNichols Arena

PT opens this week with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the big week they have and then we see President Jack Tunney come out. Jack Tunney announces that the next three weeks there will be special battle royals on the Saturday and Sunday supershows for the WWF… the six men who win will then be entered into a match on Prime Time to see who will face Barry Windham at SNME 10! Next week, we will also have Hulk Hogan in action!!

Jim Powers vs The Great Muta w/ Mr. Fuji

-We finally see Muta in action here on PT and he is something special. He has some amazing aerial techniques and finishes things off with a huge moonsault that really gets the crowd going. After the match we see Powers try to get up but Muta spits the mist in his face!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the big announcement from Tunney about the battle royals and Hogan being here next week. Jesse puts over how it is just too bad that Savage won’t be involved. Jesse says he has to go check on something as we cut to our next match.

Wahoo McDaniel vs Bunkhouse Buck

-Given that Jesse leaves we then see Jimmy Hart come out with Studd and they put themselves over during this contest with Wahoo and Buck. Buck has got some bucksnort coming but the chops keep him going as Wahoo is in complete control and finishes things off with a huge overhead chop and it is all over!

Studd and Hart put themselves over and Studd says he is ready to get that shot at the IC title and he puts over how anyone in his way will feel his wrath. Wahoo says he would love to have a shot at the big man and Studd says he doesn’t have time for such games. Wahoo pushes him and Studd pushes back and Wahoo asks if that’s all he’s got… and if it he… he doesn’t have time for his games and Wahoo walks off to some cheers!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Blade Runners vs Dennis Stamp & Steve Lombardi

-Sting and Warrior in tag team action here and they are all power. Sting is polished due to his last two years of work but Warrior has definitely got some work to do. The finish is once again a press slam by Warrior and a splash by Sting for the 3-count!

Jesse once again comes out and the Blade Runners trade barbs with him before Jesse says he knows these guys can do the fight in the gym but can they do it in the streets. Just then we see two guys come out from the back and attack the Blade Runners!

0cad8f072636df16d5ca3ddec87337de.png

Jesse jumps back on commentary to put over how it is Saggs and Knobbs the Nasty Boys from the streets of Brooklyn! They hammer on the Blade Runners who sell but then come back… the Nasties back off when Sting and Warrior come for them but officials and agents come out and back things off!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Gorilla and Jesse putting over a night full of action… they put over the Nasty Boys and our big main event coming up with Hacksaw Duggan and Barry Windham.  They also pump up the big battle royals that start next week!

Hacksaw Duggan vs Barry Windham w/ Bobby Heenan

-This one isn’t for the IC title but these two fight like it is. These two guys throw some big bombs and Barry Windham bumps and flies for Duggan who looks like a contender right now. Windham gets some offense in but it all sets up for Duggan to come back and fire off some huge shots and this brings out the tag team champions. The chaos ensues in which Hacksaw Duggan ends up getting tired of the BS and here comes Duggan with the 2x4 and nails everyone! The crowd is hot for Hacksaw and he has made a statement here to the WWF, the fans, and to the Horsemen… Hacksaw is ready for a fight!

I'd never thought I'd see Bunkhouse Buck in a WWF program but there you go. Personally, I think he'd be a good fit with Jimmy Hart. Otherwise, great series of shows as Hacksaw Jim Duggan is gearing up to be a major thorn to the side of the Horsemen!