Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour July 1986

LowBlowPodcast

Duggan is really making an impact! He's taking on Flair at the house shows and takes out the Horsemen with his 2x4. Duggan is already a major player here. The tag team division is on fire. Hart Foundation/Demolition and Power and Glory/Rockers are trading wins. Blade Runners making noise and now the Nasty Boys have arrived! So many contenders for Arn and Tully to work with. Muta has an impressive TV debut. Bunkhouse Buck in the WWF should be a lot of fun. Wahoo and Studd should be a solid hard hitting feud. The Battle Royals are a great idea to set up the next IC contender. 

Of all of the great house show matches, I'm sure that Arn & Tully vs. the Bulldogs would have torn the house down.  Hogan, Tito & Wahoo against the Horsemen less Flair would have been right up there.  Agreed that Bunkhouse Buck in the WWF is a little strange in theory.  

Those battle royals will definitely bring the fans in.  Not me particularly as I never cared much for them, but they seem to work.  Hogan being announced for next week is always a big deal.  Big win for Muta and it's awesome that he's getting over in New York and Texas.  Wahoo vs. Studd should be a good program for both.  Speaking of good feuds, the Nasties and Blade Runners should be beneficial to everyone involved.  Hacksaw taking on the Horsemen is definitely going to get him over and fast.

Love the debut for the Nasty Boys! Perfect first feud for Sting/Warrior!

I don't have an issue with Bunkhouse Buck being here seeing as how it's the WWF and Golden more than likely would have been given a gimmick if he went there in this era....there's been plenty of other personas introduced early in the game.

Arn/Tully vs. The Bulldogs would be enough to get my money, but Wahoo vs. Studd is a fun match up as well.

51 minutes ago, dawho5 said:

Not ruffling feathers, just an unexpected thing.  Those are usually happy things to be honest.

I then went out and looked at some Golden/Fuller stuff... I don't think Golden would go well in the WWF but the Buck gimmick is something they would go with. Just an opinion and better way to write him.

I agree with Gene. Golden would of been brought in with a gimmick and Bunkhouse fits so well with this era. It reminds me of Blackjack Mulligan's Gimmick in the WWF at this time IRL. Just a tough brawling cowboy. And like Dawho says, it's usually a happy thing when these gimmicks arrive early. 

Great Prime Time show, love how Jess stirs the pot and introduces the Nasties i cant wait to see where it leads.

I also love how you've got Duggan in the main event picture added to the face he's a thorn in the Horsemen's side reminds me of Bossman vs Heenan family from 'real life' in 90/91. 

wcd0.jpg

WWF Presents: Wrestling Challenge
Hosted By: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby the Brain Heenan
Matches from: Denver, CO - McNichols Arena

Featuring: The Nasty Boys, Hacksaw Duggan, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, & Demolition

WWF Live 7/26
Tampa, FL - The Sundome

IC TITLE BATTLE ROYAL

Greg Valentine won a battle royal featuring: Curt Hennig, Greg Valentine, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi

superstarslogo.png

WWF Presents: Superstars of Wrestling
Hosted By: Vince McMahon & Jesse ‘ The Body’ Ventura
Matches from: Denver, CO - McNichols Arena
Featuring: Don Muraco, the Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, Muta, & Bunkhouse Buck

WWF Live 7/27
Miami, FL - The Knight Center

IC TITLE BATTLE ROYAL

Wahoo McDaniel won a battle royal featuring: Curt Hennig, Tony Atlas, Wahoo McDaniel, Tito Santana, Don Muraco, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo, Bunkhouse Buck, Nikolai Volkoff, Boris Zhukov, The Tonga Kid, Jim Duggan, Pedro Morales, SD Jones, Jim Powers, Italian Stallion, Barry Horowitz, Bob Bradley, Brady Boone, Steve Lombardi

wwf-prime-time-wrestling.jpg

WWF Presents: Prime Time Wrestling

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from: Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid- Hudson Civic Center

PT opens this week with Gorilla and Jesse putting over the big battle royals this weekend and talk about how Wahoo and Greg Valentine both won. They will compete with four other men in a couple of weeks. Jack Tunney is out here saying that it will be a six--man match with elimination rules. Then we see someone out of the back…

220px-Miss_Elizabeth.jpg

Miss Elizabeth comes over to Jack Tunney and pleads with him to let Randy Savage be reinstated. Tunney says that Savage has almost broken the camel’s back. Liz says not only she but all the fans want Savage back and we hear them start to chant his name. Jack Tunney pauses for moment and then says that if the fans want Savage back they need to let him know. He will have his men ready and if he can get 10,000 calls in this week then he will think about it. Elizabeth says thank you and then pleads with the fans to call and write in!

Gorilla and Jesse put it over and then talk about how tonight we will have two big tag team matches in whcih the winners will face each other next week and the winner of that match will go on to face Arn and Tully at SNME.  The first match will be Demolition and the Harts and the second will be the Rockers against Power and Glory. Plus TV Champion Curt Hennig will be in action and then we will have a big main event with Hulk Hogan here! Let’s go to the ring!

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition w/ Mr. Fuji

-This one was hot from the onset and these two teams started throwing elbows and punches and kicks early on and this one gets out of hand. Fuji is really pushing things outside of the ring as all four men tumble to the floor and now they are fighting into the guardrail! The referee tries to get control but he ends up calling for the bell! It is a double count out! Officials and agents come out here to try and help this but these guys are all over the place! Looks like the winners of the Rockers vs Power and Glory get the shot at the gold… but what if they both lose?

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back and we see Big John Studd come out with Jimmy Hart and Greg Valentine. They put over the big tag team match later on with Power and Glory. Big John then talked about how he is going to handle that good for nothing Wahoo whenever he gets the chance. Valentine puts over winning a battle royal and getting back in the title hunt against the IC Champion but he also says that Curt Hennig better check his back because that TV Title belongs to him! Lots could happen here as the champion is in action!

Curt Hennig © vs Bunkhouse Buck

-Curt Hennig comes out with the TV title and he looks stacked right now with the gold. He and Bunkhouse Buck have a pretty good little match here and Buck is showing off some great skills and some spectacular selling. The finish sees Buck swing wildly but Hennig ducks and then an atomic drop and Buck is wobbly legged and then he turns around for the Hennig Plex and the 1...2….3! The champion retains! He walks over to the booth…

Curt Hennig joins Jesse and Gorilla and out comes Wahoo McDaniel! They both work the crowd and put over how Wahoo won a battle royal and gets his chance at the IC title but he also knows that he wants his hands on John Studd. Wahoo and Hennig say they will challenge Studd Valentine this week on Superstars!

*COMMERCIAL*

We return to PT and see Sting and Warrior come out and they are right in Jesse’s face. Jesse says that the Nasty Boys aren’t too far and that they could pounce at any time but Sting and Warrior say they are up for the challenge and welcome it whenever they got the GUTS!

The Rockers vs Power & Glory w/ Jimmy Hart

-This one has been building for quite some time and here we go with the tag title shot on the line. We see all four-men get involved and the Rockers are really on fire right now. They are hammering away with rights and lefts on both men but then it is a double dropkick that takes Hercules out of the ring. This leaves Roma to the Rockers who duck and dodge around him and then nail a double dropkick on him! Hercules staggers up outside the ring and Shawn Michaels runs and leaps over the top rope and splashes him! Jannetty goes up top and hits a cross body on Roma for the 1….2…..3!!! The ROCKERS HAVE WON IT! They will go on to face Anderson and Blanchard at SNME! The crowd pops big time for them!

*COMMERCIAL*

PT is back with Jesse and Gorilla putting over the big MSG card that will be show right after PT tonight on the MSG network where available and then we see the entrance of the Immortal Hulk Hogan!

Hulk Hogan vs Boris Zhukov w/ Slick

-The Hulkster is here and he is rocking and rolling. We see a fun little 6-minute contest with Boris working the Hulkster over a little bit but then Hogan hulks up in a big way. We see Nikolai come out but then Hacksaw and Atlas run out and hold him off for Hogan to hit the big boot and then the AXE BOMBA! 1….2…..3! Hogan is the winner and the crowd explodes! Hogan walks over to the booth…

hqdefault.jpg

Hulk Hogan: Ric Flair! I don’t know who you think you are brother but it is high time for Hulk Hogan to get his hands back on that WWF title and brother you can run but you can’t hide! I am coming for you and all those Horsemen and if it is the last thing I do I am going to come and take that title from you!

Jesse: Well Hogan… it just so happens that I spoke with Ric Flair today… and he has a challenge for you… he wants you to meet him at Saturday Night’s Main Event in the Body Shoppe with me and he is going to smack you around like the CHUMP that you are!

Hulk Hogan: Jesse… I know you have got the silver tongue brother and you come out here and run your mouth but trust this... Hulk Hogan will be there at Saturday Night’s Main Event and I am goign to destroy Ric Flair and the Body Shop but first… I am going to jump on my Harley and head down to Madison Square Garden right now with Hacksaw and Tony Atlas and we are going to tear those Horsemen apart!

Hogan flexes and walks off as the crowd pops! Remember to let Jack Tunney know if you want Randy Savage reinstated next week! Hennig and Wahoo vs Studd and Valentine on Superstars. We’ve got MSG coming up here tonight so stay tuned!

WWF Presents: SNME X

8/30/86

The Forum - Montreal Quebec Canada

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner of Battle Royal vs Barry Windham © w/ Bobby Heenan

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Rockers vs Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson © w/ Bobby Heenan

Plus: THE BODY SHOP featuring Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair!

944368.jpg

WWF Live
New York City, NY – Madison Square Garden
Hosted by Gene Okerlund & Lord Alfred Hayes

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © defeated Curt Hennig in a 45 minute contest

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Tony Atlas & Hacksaw Duggan defeated Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, & Barry Windham

The Hart Foundation vs Demolition went to a double DQ

Big John Studd, Greg Valentine, & Hercules defeated Wahoo McDaniel, Dino Bravo, & Billy Jack Haynes

Muta defeated the Tonga Kid

The Russians defeated the Bulldogs

Classic 80s WWF TV. The 10,000 calls segment was great. The IC title picture is heating up as Valentine and Wahoo are in the mix. The feud between the Hart Foundation and Demolition is out of control. The Rockers taking on Tully and Arn will be a wrestling clinic. Hennig continues to look strong on TV, the way a TV champ should. Vintage Hogan TV main event. 

Really liked the MSG card. Hennig might of lost to Flair but he comes out looking strong after going 45 minutes. Fun 6 man as the patriotic faces defeat the Horsemen. Muta/Tonga is a show stealing match. Russians get a big win over the Bulldogs, making a statement that they're still in contention. 

I love that you have SNME taking place at the Montreal Forum. There never was a SNME taking place outside of the US so I thought it was pretty cool.

I thought it was really interesting that you had a segment featuring Miss Elizabeth alone. Especially given that IRL, we didn't really see her featured in a solo segment, let alone speak on the mic. But it definitely made for some serious heat in favor of Randy Savage and it's exactly in line with something we would've seen back then. Very well done.

Flair vs Hennig at MSG surely was a barnburner. I bet they had the crowd in the palm of their hands throughout the whole thing.

The IC Battle Royals looks like they could be a blast when they got down to the non-jobbers.  And I don't like Battle Royals as a rule.

I love Liz opening Prime Time trying to garner support for Savage.  It is sort of a play on the Jake angle, but with different circumstances.  I'm sure Tunney will be an asshole about it as best he can.  Harts and Demo as a feud would be sweet.  Hennig and Wahoo vs. Studd and Valentine is a really good match.  You've got the two workrate guys, the power guy and the wily vet.  I like the build for Blade Runners and Nasty Boys.  The Rockers getting a shot at Arn & Tully is such a great match-up.  The Rockers are a small enough team that the Horsemen can beat them up believably, but then turn around and put over their speed offense great too.  So much going on in that last segment.  Montreal for SNME!!  Hogan building to the Flair rematch is gold.  

Some great stuff at MSG.  Muta and Tonga would have torn the house down.  Harts and Demo is a big, big feud.  That Hogan six-man would have had the fans blowing the roof off.  And then tack on a 45 minute match between Flair and pre-injury Hennig.  Yeah, I think the fans got their money's worth.

Love the 10,000 calls gimmick from Tunney! 

Rockers vs. Tully/Arn will make for an exciting match on SNME.

I like utilizing the Body Shop to keep things going with Hogan/Flair.

Biggest boost to date for Hennig to hang with Flair for 45 minutes in a title match....he is going to be HUGE in the game down the line.