Pro Wrestling Only

Portland Wrestling July 1986

awesomemiz

Portland Wrestling – Episode 3

July 21th 1986 – Portland Armory (1,000)

- Portland Wrestling Show opening.

- Don Owen and Terry Garvin welcome us to the show and tell us that tonight we will see the debut of Ranger Ross, The Sawyers vs Heavenly Bodies for the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Title Tournament and a special update on Superstar Billy Graham. We go to the ring for our opening contest.

Lighting Express vs Cody Michaels/Chuck Coates

- Basic squash match that sees Lighting Express win with a double dropkick.

Winners - Lighting Express (4:25)

- We then go back to Don and Terry who send us to a special update report on Superstar Billy Graham. We go to a pre recorded video, We hear from Superstars doctor who informs us that Superstar's hip is fractured and that he will be out of action for 3 to 4 weeks. We then go back to Don and Terry who have been joined by the Sawyers. Brett says they are disgusted by the samoas actions last week and that they hope to get there hands on them in the final of the Pacific Northwest Tag Title Tournament. Big Kahuna Oliver Humperdink interrupts them and tells the Sawyers that the Samoas are going to win there match next week and then go on to take the titles. but before they can respond they are attacked by the Samoas and Sika. Sika takes a Samoan Spike to both Brett Sawyers head leaving him busted open. Coco slams Bart on the bare cement floor as Tama Samoa Runs the length of the ring apron and nails him with a huge splash. Officials and security force them to leave the ringside area as we go to commercial.

- Commercial Break - 

-  We come back from break and see the Sawyer's been loaded in to the back of an ambulance. Don tells us that there is an official from the Portland Championship Committee who is looking at replacements for the Sawyers for tonights huge Tag title Semi Final. we then go to the ring for the next contest.

Baron Von Raschke (w/Freddie Blassie) vs Red Tyler

- Basic squash match Baron wins with the Claw.

Winner - Baron Von Raschke (5.52)

We see a video of NWA Texas Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk who says hes coming to Summer Gold with the aim to become a double champion. Don also informs us that due to the high profile nature both Title Matches at Summer Gold there will be 2 special referees. Gene Anderson will be the special referee for the final of the Pacific Northwest Title Tournament and the referee for the Gauntlet for  the Gold will be Sonny King.

- Commercial -

- We come back from break and Don informs us that following our next match he will read a statement from the Portland Championship Committee regarding tonights main event. we go to the ring for our next contest.

Ranger Ross vs Alex Rizzo

- Ranger Ross dispatches of Rizzo quickly with a Kombat Kick.

Winner - Ranger Ross (2.56)

- Post match Ranger Ross does an interview he says he's here to keep everyone in Portland Wrestling in line and take the title and be a true hero for all the kids that watch.

-Commercial- 

- Don reads out a statement from the Portland championship committee saying that due to the attack on the Sawyers earlier by the Samoas and Sika it has been decided that the Samoas and Sika have been suspended for 30 days with immediate effect. They will also be fined $1000 each and will be replaced in the tag title tournament with a team to be announced next week. As for tonight and the Sawyers replacements they will be the Hillbillies.

Pacific Northwest Tag Team Title Tournament Semi Final

The Hillbilles vs The Heavenly Bodies(w/Luscious Johnny V)

Back and forth match that ends Prichard rolls Jim up and puts his feet on the ropes.

Winners: Heavenly Bodies

- Don wraps up by informing us that next week the Lighting Express will face a mystery team in the other Semi Final aswell as the debut of Brady Boone.

Wow, the Samoans did a number on the Sawyers! It ends up costing both teams in the tournament. Hope Superstar has a speedy recovery. Good TV wins for Lightning Express, Baron and a debuting Ranger Ross. Fun main event as the Heavenly Bodies advance. I'm going with them to win the tag straps. Cant wait for Summer Gold! 

3 minutes ago, spaldoni said:

Wow, the Samoans did a number on the Sawyers! It ends up costing both teams in the tournament. Hope Superstar has a speedy recovery. Good TV wins for Lightning Express, Baron and a debuting Ranger Ross. Fun main event as the Heavenly Bodies advance. I'm going with them to win the tag straps. Cant wait for Summer Gold! 

thought that twist would go down well. hopefully the go home show will be up later then summer gold will be here.

2 hours ago, gordi said:

That twist with the Samoas and the Sawyers works out well because regardless of who wins the tag tournament you have good tough challengers waiting in the wings now. 

Also brings 2 feuds together to give them both a litlle longer life without over doing it

37 minutes ago, kevinmcfl said:

It is amazing what a giant heels can do for a promotion.  The heat they get makes everything seem so big.  The Samoans are that team for you and you did a great job making them seem unbeatable.  

Thank you it means the pay off down the line will mean something

Tough night for the Sawyers. Ouch.  Funk coming in should be a nice boost for Portland.  Good wins for Raschke and Ranger Ross.  Ross should have some good momentum going right off the bat.  Heavenly Bodies going over is the right choice, as is the suspension of the Samoans.  Gets them over as dangerous.

Portland Wrestling – Episode 4

July 28th 1986 – Portland Armory (1,000)

- Portland Wrestling Show opening.

- Don welcomes us to another exciting edition of Portland Wrestling. Don and Terry run through tonight's card which will feature a Special Summer Gold Update, Brady Boone and the Mongolian Stomper will be in action aswell as the second Semi Final in the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Title Tournament as the Lighting Express take on a mystery team.

Brady Boone vs Ron Powers

- Brady Boone squashes Powers with a spine tingling Frankinsteiner.

Winner: Brady Boone (4.26)

- Following the match Don interviews Brady and when asked why he decided to come to Portland Wrestling. He says he came to Portland to make a name for himself in this business and Portland is the place to do that. 

- Commercial -

- Back from Commercial and Don gives us an update on the Sawyers saying that they are home and recovering from their injuries and hopefully will return to action soon. We then see a pre tape promo from Dirty Dutch Mantell who says hes coming to Portland next Friday to capture the Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Title. 

6 Man Tag Team Match

Los Villanos vs Ron Powers/Red Tyler/Cody Micheals

Squash match to showcase all 3 of the Villanos.

Winners: Los Villanos (6.25)

- Don informs us that next weeks addition of Portland Wrestling will be a special 2 hour champions addition in which we will bring to you both the Title matches from Summer Gold featuring the crowning of both the Pacific Northwest Tag Team and Heavyweight Champions.

- Commercial- 

Mongolian Stomper (w/Classie Freddie Blassie) vs Alex Rizzo

Stomper goes to town on Rizzo gets the quick win.

Winner: Mongolian Stomper (1.23)

- We go to a special Summer Gold Update. In which Don and Terry run down the card

Summer Gold Update

Live August 3rd from Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Title 30 Man Gauntlet for the Gold Special referee Sonny King

1)     Jushin Liger

2)     Billy Jack Haynes

3)     Dutch Mantel

4)     Bob Backlund

5)     Bruiser Brody

6)     Stan Hansen

7)     Ranger Ross

8)     Mongolian Stomper

9)     Bugsy McGraw

10)  Porkchop Cash

11)  Tiger Chung Lee

12)  Tiger Conway Jr

13)  Baron Von Raschke

14)  Pez Whatley

15)  Bob Roop

16)  Abdullah the Butcher

17)  Mil Mascaras

18)  Antonio Inoki

19)  Rip Oliver

20)  Terry Funk

21)  Rick Martel

22)  Mike Graham

23)  The Spoiler

24)  Brady Boone

25)  George Steele

26)  Alexis Smirnoff

27)  King Cobra

28)  Hacksaw Higgins

29)  Wayne Bloom

30)  Johnny Ace

Pacific Northwest Tag Team Title Tournament Final special Referee Gene Anderson

Heavenly Bodies (w/Luscious Johnny V) vs Winners of Tonight Main Event

International 6 Man Challenge

Los Villanos vs Masahiro Chono/Hiroshi Hase/Kensuke Sasaki

Tag Team Challenge

Zambuie Express vs Pretty Young Things

Grudge Match

Mike Graham vs Tiger Chung Lee

- Commercial - 

Pacific Northwest Tag Team Title Tournament Semi Final

Lighting Express vs Zambuie Express

Good strong back and forth match both teams coming close to winning until the Lighting Express hit a double dropkick for the win.

Winners: Lighting Express (12.38)

- Don closes the show by reminding us of next weeks special 2 hour edition featuring both huge title matches from Summer Gold in there entirety.

I like that this week you went a bit slowly here after everything that went down in last week's episode. Focusing this time on progressing the road to the title matches and Summer Gold. Always important to slow it down a bit once in a while to let the reader breath and brace himself for what's coming up.

Good wins for Boone and the Villanos.  The Stomper with a very convincing win.  I like your battle royal line-up.  Lots of possible winners.  That international 6-man is a very interesting match.  Lightning Express moving on is definitely the right choice here.  Showing both championship matches should boost the ratings for your next TV big time.

Solid debut for Brady Boone.  Los Villanos should be fun to watch in Portland. Blassie has quite the stable of awesome heel veterans. Heavenly Bodies and Lighting Express battling for the tag titles...YES! Summer Gold looks pretty awesome. Man, hard to pick a winner for the title. 

1 hour ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I think I missed how Brady Boone got to Portland while he was on my roster but I am sure we can figure that out. Outside of that looks like things are coming along here for Portland. Continue to put out good shows and see the product grow and the roster take better shape. 

Cant remember where he came from will look later if he is still on ur roster i wont use after the summer gold

1 hour ago, awesomemiz said:

Cant remember where he came from will look later if he is still on ur roster i wont use after the summer gold

Yeah he's on my roster as a jobber pack but I would prefer you use him as something here rather than a jobber for me. Keep an eye on those things in the future but I am good with you taking the rights to him. 

7 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

Yeah he's on my roster as a jobber pack but I would prefer you use him as something here rather than a jobber for me. Keep an eye on those things in the future but I am good with you taking the rights to him. 

Thanks i cant remember where i saw his name but will check everything wen i get chance. Thanks for that