Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/30-8/5

Beast

Kinda is...?

Who else has the resume like Roman? And this doesn't include any time after he lost a title, because the rematch clause is assumed.

In the thread, Cena is brought up as a comparison but even he would win big matches to set up shots. This is literally Roman losing big matches then being placed into championship opportunities over and over, like they think it will make him a Daniel Bryan underdog.

Either way, this isn't something that happened over and over before this era of WWE, unless you're including guys getting shots on a house show loop or something. 

Yeah, it's pretty much the Roman Problem in a nutshell: keep putting him in title matches despite him losing prior ones, then wonder why the fans feel resentment toward him. It's like they redid the Lex Express and kept it going for nearly 4 years.

Roman was one of SIX possible contenders and had to win twice in order to get the title shot. Not sure what's the big problem in this occasion - even when considering the GRR's screwy finish.

I mean, Drew was in the same triple threat as Roman and did absolutely nothing remarkable before that chance.

The argument that should be made is not that he is underdeserving - it's the repetition of telling the same story as the Road to Wrestlemania.

Anyways, strong promo and opening segment. Who knows what they'll do.

OK, but that's just ignoring the 4 years of start and stops prior to this most recent deal. This happens over and over and over and over.

And he had lost to Lashley the night before on PPV, but all of a sudden that doesn't matter and Roman still gets the title shot. 

They went hardcore with his push in 2016, which was cut short. But that's the problem - lack of culhões to actually go #AllIn on him beating Lesnar. He shouldn't even be in this position on the first place.

I always felt like his feud with Lashley was more about RESPECK at the end, as much as it started with both dudes arguing about who was going to lose to face Brock. At the very least it consolidated Brock as a strong contender and someone we should take seriously. After all, clean wins over Roman are still relevant etc.

So it seems like Heyman is going to turn on Brock given how much of a dick Brock is acting toward him.   Of course if this happens then I don't see Braun cashing in on Reigns at Summerslam.  

The idea that people would be surprised with Brock choices of magazines is hilarious.  I guess we should be happy that it was only just an outdoors one.

Miami seems to be one of the few wwe main stays that still goes along with the storylines.  They have pretty much cheered the faces and booed the heels tonight.  Even Roman got cheered more than usual and Brock is getting heel heat.   There aren't too many cities left like this.  Wwe must love going there

After all of those times chasing Brock Lesnar the idea that he has to chase Kevin Owens for his ultimate one shining moment would be a huge step down.  Just because Owens was shoved down people throats in main events for 6 months on Smackdown doesn't mean he is main event level

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Lowlight of the actually really nice episode was Seth getting catapulted into the steel frames (!) throat first (!!!) and then doing suicide dives right out of the break.

Fuck is that, my dude.

Seth is shit. His athleticism does not make up for his lack of... Well, everything else. Like, I don't care if dude can play with monster truck tires or teach a Crossfit class. Somebody like The Miz still has to drag him kicking & screaming to a decent match.

But he's the Architect! Except that he's not.

Cause, ya know. An architect can draw a house.

Watching a couple of the segments last night really made the Raw locker room look a former NXT Tag Team Champion graveyard. With Authors of Pain, The Revival, and The Ascension, it looks like its where formerly pushed tag teams go to die. I am reminded of Jim Cornette's podcasts where he talked about in the OVW days he would come up with gimmicks for the guys and the main roster writers wouldn't use them. It seems like something similar is going on now where the NXT creative really push these tag teams going to the main roster, and when they get there the main writers are like "Huh? We don't want a dominant tag team or to use these guys like this." And then find a spot for them wrestling on Main Event or doing comedy spots and jobs on Raw.