Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver Brooklyn 4

KawadaSmile

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black's injury really put the Title match in a corner creatively. NXT didn't want to do another Gargano/Ciampa singles match. Black was going to be the loser of the fall tonight. It is too soon for Ciampa to lose the title and too early for Gargano to win the title with the long-range story they are telling. Last Man Standing is a way for Gargano not to do a clean job. A Cage match was also muted as the stipulation.

Obviously, the card will be great.

26 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I realize shit happens in wrestling, but I was a little surprised they didn't use this as an opportunity to stick someone else in the match. 

The issue with that would jobbing that person.

Using one of the other singles matches tonight as qualifier match was discussed. Adam Cole being the frontrunner in that scenario as he can retain his heat on a loss.

Jobbing Keith Lee or Riddle already would be a bad idea.

Having a one night return of Drew Galloway (who won the title in Brooklyn last year) or Bobby Roode was also kicked about too.

Lars was discussed too. With him strong-arming his way into the main event somehow. Gargano and Ciampa even briefly working together to take Lars would be a fun deal. But I guess they want to protect Lars for something bigger down the road.

Like I said Black's injury put NXT Creative in a bind. After four and half years of doing NXT Takeovers NXT's taping schedule was bound to throw up a situation like this. However, with the talent depth NXT has, you'd think a substitution for Black should be really easy.

53 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah I thought they would have Riccochet win the NA title and have Adam Cole weasel his way into the title match, or something along those lines. 

I honestly don't know the finish there. But Ricochet hasn't wrestled in two months as he's been rehabbing his shoulder and he seems to be staving off an inevitable shoulder surgery. NXT loves Cole obviously.

I don't really have a problem with doing another Ciampa-Gargano singles match especially considering it wasn't the plan (although a last-minute replacement probably would have been better), but I think if this isn't the feud-ender they should probably wait until the Rumble or Mania Takeover before running this match again.

So based on Regal's interview on the pre show, it sure does seem like he saying the person who attacked Black was a new person.  Which makes the odds of it being Riddle even more likely

I am pretty sure I said this before last show but is working with Barstool really that important to have a complete idiot (whether real or pretend) like Pat McAfee on the show

1 hour ago, Boss Rock said:

I don't really have a problem with doing another Ciampa-Gargano singles match especially considering it wasn't the plan (although a last-minute replacement probably would have been better), but I think if this isn't the feud-ender they should probably wait until the Rumble or Mania Takeover before running this match again.

I'm tired of the match to be honest. They're never going to top the first match and I only care about this match for the potential of Gargano finally being crowned.

Tyler Bate is incredibly strong for his size and age

Whew I was worried that they were going to break up Mustache Mountain.    As expected a great match.   Undisputed Era are the Seth Rollins or Usos or New Day of NXT in charge of starting a show hot as hell

"Call me up Vince" on Dream's tight.  Holy fuck  :lol:

Cut a day at the beach a bit short to watch this and not at all disappointed.  The opening tag took its time building but featured some terrific spots, both new and ones that played off of their previous encounters. as well as a hot finish and post-match angle to boot.  Really strong opener that I had at ****1/4.

Apparently I'm in in the minority here, but have no problem with Ciampa/Gargano as a singles main event.  Would prefer it without the LMS stip, but it never felt like Black fit into this feud and I think they could very well benefit from a singles match again. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So based on Regal's interview on the pre show, it sure does seem like he saying the person who attacked Black was a new person.  Which makes the odds of it being Riddle even more likely

I am pretty sure I said this before last show but is working with Barstool really that important to have a complete idiot (whether real or pretend) like Pat McAfee on the show

They’re working with Barstool? Ugh.

If this is supposed to be the match that puts EC3 on the next level then I don't think that happened.  An okay match mostly because of Dream just being Dream

Probably thinking too much of this but wonder if them constantly saying "bask in his experience" means that Dream's next opponent is Keith Lee

And there is Riddle