Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-08-18-WWE-NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV] The Undisputed ERA (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

Edwin

• GSR changed the title to [2018-08-18-WWE-NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV] The Undisputed ERA (Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

Easily my favorite match between both teams. Undisputed Era vs Moustache Mountain is low key one of the best feuds of the year, and another great match between the two teams proves it. A nitpick I have to acknowledge though is the use of melodrama with the towel. It makes sense and is a nice call back, but feels completely out of place in a spot fest of a match. Loved all the action though as both teams are great at what they do as teams and singles competitors, ****1/2.

I can see the complaints about how the towel tease was just shoehorned in and not at all believable as a finish, but the immediately following spot with Bates backstroking across the ring to make the tag was so awesome I'm willing to forgive that and the Burning Hammer kickout, the only two flaws of an otherwise excellent tag match. These two teams can do a fast paced workrate tag while still making the work actually feel meaningful like few others. It seems like this feud is over for now but I really hope they revisit it before too long.

Fun opener, as 3 of the 4 wrestlers involved are usually amazing and Seven can be good sometimes.

However, horrendous finish. Kicking out of a burning hammer/stomp combo would be bad enough by itself, but the person who kicked out actually got the pin less than 30 seconds after the fact. Ridiculous.

The weakest of their trilogy, but still very good. Felt like somewhat of a blend of their previous 2 matches w/ some psychology over the knee of Bate, and then the red hot sequences, with everyone, in particular Bate, going crazy. Somewhat awkward in it's pacing at some moments, but that didn't eat away too much from the quality. Roddy & Kyle as the sleazy, yet vicious heels is just a blessing. MOTN. ***1/2

Really really fun opener, probably my second favorite match of the weekend on the whole. I would say 85% of this was absolutely great and on its way to top 10 on the year territory for me. The action early on and the way they exchanged momentum was really good. I thought both Seven and Bate played Ricky Morton and Hot Tag Gibson pretty well in places. They were selling well. Bate it s a god damned freak of nature sometimes. He provides fun spots that always keep you on your tows. Strong particularly seemed like he was on and having a great match here.  I did have issues with the finish. It went a little far for my taste with the kickouts of certain things. I also didn't like the throw in the towel thing. One of my personal pet peeves in wrestling is when they ignore something really obvious to do something overly dramatic. The fact that Seven doesn't just run in to break the hold like happens countless times in the match and instead considers throwing in the towel... ugh... I get it, but it annoys me. I know that is as much me as it is the match, but still. Even with that, I am higher than many on this ****1/4